Schuey's F1 Return... - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-01-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,291
Schuey's F1 Return...

Michael Schumacher has returned to Formula One action for the first time in more than three years on the first day of winter testing in Valencia.

After less than 20 laps, Schumacher was already faster than his Mercedes GP team mate Nico Rosberg and ended the day more than half a second quicker than Rosberg. Schumacher finished the day third out of eight runners and less than four tenths of a second slower than Ferrari's Felipe Massa.

Of the 13 teams on this year’s grid, seven took part today in Spain.

Teams have been banned from testing since last November’s race in Abu Dhabi and they have 41 days to prepare for the new season, which kicks off in Bahrain on 14 March.

Renault, Toro Rosso and Sauber all showed off their new cars in the past 24 hours and were at today’s test. Ferrari, Williams, Mercedes and McLaren, who revealed their cars last week, also ran.

Force India and Red Bull have both opted out of this test and will instead run later this month in Jerez and Barcelona. New teams Campos, Lotus, US F1 and Virgin Racing are all expected to test by the end of this month.

Unofficial times from today's running:

1. Massa Ferrari 1:12.574

2. de la Rosa BMW Sauber-Ferrari 1:12.784

3. M.Schumacher Mercedes GP 1:12.947

4. Rosberg Mercedes GP 1:13.543

5. Paffett McLaren-Mercedes 1:13.846

6. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:14.449

7. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:14.762

8. Kubica Renault 1:15.000

The first picture is Schumacher.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
whats the crazy looking antenna on the Ferrari for?! that's hardly a permanent addition is it?

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #3 of 11 Old 02-01-2010, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
whats the crazy looking antenna on the Ferrari for?! that's hardly a permanent addition is it?
I would take a guess and say it's some kind of aerial for telemetry purposes during testing, but I dont see it being on the car permanently. The McLaren has one too but not as big as Ferrari's one and there is a smaller one on Schumacher's car too. Some of the cars have it and some of them dont.

post #4 of 11 Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
In car Wifi. For Xbox live....so they can play Forza 3 to keep themselves entertained....for when the races turn into boring parades behind Schumi....just like the old days.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-01-2010, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
In car Wifi. For Xbox live....so they can play Forza 3 to keep themselves entertained....for when the races turn into boring parades behind Schumi....just like the old days.
LOL!!! True, very true!

And with the 458 Italia in Forza 3, they can practice with a car that Schumi helped develope
post #6 of 11 Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
they can practice with a car that Schumi helped develope
We don't talk about that anymore. I'm sure he's now helping to develop a Merc SLS Schumi version.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #7 of 11 Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike430 View Post
I would take a guess and say it's some kind of aerial for telemetry purposes during testing, but I dont see it being on the car permanently. The McLaren has one too but not as big as Ferrari's one and there is a smaller one on Schumacher's car too. Some of the cars have it and some of them dont.
I have seen them test a couple of times and i think your guess is correct. All the teams had them on for testing but never during the races. Here is a pic i took at testing in 08.
Attached Images

post #8 of 11 Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
We don't talk about that anymore. I'm sure he's now helping to develop a Merc SLS Schumi version.

Onno
What is the actual story regarding Schumi's relationship with Ferrari now? I know Ferrari said their relationship between Michael is ''Good'', but would he still give advice with the road cars especially with the fact that Ferrari like to put F1 tech into their road cars. Or has it been confirmed that Schumi has broken away from Ferrari completely 100% because of a conflict of interest, especially being a driver for Ferrari's opposition (which is obvious)?
post #9 of 11 Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 125
he's back

Novitec Rosso authorized dealer.

www.shopsat.com

Specialty Automotive Treatments
700 W Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33311
(954) SAT-1234
post #10 of 11 Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Seems like Ferrari and Schumacher's relationship is good....

Michael Schumacher returned to Ferrari's motor home on Tuesday.

The seven time world champion's friend and former teammate Felipe Massa revealed that Schumacher, 41, stopped by for lunch during the break from testing at the Valencia circuit.

"What we said to each other? Nothing in particular," said the 28-year-old Brazilian.

"We're friends and we're talking quite often to each other: today I think he was just homesick for our motor home, because we have the better food here than anywhere else in the world of formula one," Massa smiled.

Ferrari confirmed that Schumacher ate a plate of spaghetti aglio, olio and peperoncino prepared by the team's famous chef Carmine.

Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport reported that Schumacher brought along his doctor Johannes Peil.

"Ferrari has already won over Mercedes in the culinary challenge," said the newspaper.

Massa would not be drawn on how the new Ferrari and Mercedes cars shape up, but third party Rubens Barrichello admitted after Tuesday's running: "Ferrari seemed very good."
post #11 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Ok I'm going to stick my neck out here, I hope MS gets his a**e kicked by the 2 Ferrari boys, specially Massa. Maybe I'm just bitter and twisted but I can't help feel that he's going for payback for being 'retired' to early by Ferrari and Bernie E. He could have got his spoke in once they knew Rikinonononon was on his way out and got fit for this year. I think this going to Merc because the 3 car story didn't happen is very weak.

Having said that I've always supported the team over any driver as I believe that yes the driver is an extremely important element but ultimately is only as good as team built around him.

And anyway I don't want to see my beloved Ferrari defeated.

Only my humble opinion from watching F1 since the late 60's

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode