Anyone notice that their paycheck is just a little less than last year? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Anyone notice that their paycheck is just a little less than last year?

I thought you would like to know that our sneeky crooks in Washington DC decided to take more money from you as an interest free loan without making it public knowledge. How did they do it? Very simple. They decided to change the payroll withholding rates, a slight increase, to grab a little more money from your paycheck (Mine is about $40 less a month). Granted, your tax liability will be what it will be, but you are now paying the government more taxes upfront than you did in 2009. What does this mean? They get more money from you interest free and you will either pay less taxes or receive a larger refund when you file your 2010 tax return next year.

However, all hope is not lost. You can reduce your payroll withholding back to an amount similar to what it was last year, but this will require you to fill out a new Form W-4 with your employer and increase the withholding #. If you do not understand how this system works, you must consult a tax advisor prior to making any changes.

http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/06/...bles-for-2010/

Last edited by redtrman; 01-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,516
I plan to vote against EVERY incumbent regardless of party. It's time they get a real job in the real world. Crooks!
post #3 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
I plan to vote against EVERY incumbent regardless of party. It's time they get a real job in the real world. Crooks!

Yes, both wife and I have decided this is a good approach. We are voting every, incumbent out. Just time to reboot. There are some truly good people there, but more than that is is business as usual, which means new folks cannot buck anyone and must fall in line.

Can't pass a 'reform' bill to curb cost/spending unless one is bribed like CA paying another's Medicare costs or Fed, spending.

CA has pulled this 'restructuring of early tax to be collected later' two times now. We pay up front, they float the 'loan' we get the refund up to a year later.

I'm all for helping out, but, we seem to truly not be getting things back.

WHAT REALLY Fries my toastadas is this bank bailout and now the banks buying the same instutions they help formulate these nasty assets, only to get bailout money and liquidate the assets 100 pennies on the dollar.

I don't even want to start going into it, but as for the OP's original statement: Govt has become the slick willy of our own, design.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

post #4 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,354
The problem is not the Democrats or the Republicans, it is us!!! Of the people, for the people, by the people. They keep lying to us and we keep electing them. Why, becuase we are losers and would never vote for anyone that wasn't a liar.

------------------------------

Life is Good!
post #5 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKRace View Post
The problem is not the Democrats or the Republicans, it is us!!! Of the people, for the people, by the people. They keep lying to us and we keep electing them. Why, becuase we are losers and would never vote for anyone that wasn't a liar.

While I agree with you in a way, I can believe the charged public/voters fell well into caring last election, albeit if only for the politics and/or the history of the possibilities. Whatever the case, people can get charged. This 'teabag' or tea whatever so called grass root thing is a partial example no matter how ill concieved/performed.

However, to expand, yes, we are just lazy. I am getting less enthused too but would like to see us hold representatives feet to the fire, if not for one last time. I'll give it another go. IF not fixed, well there is always the Aztec calendar thang.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #6 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
I wrote in ron paul. not my fault. also, haven't got my new tax tables in the mail yet. They are only a suggestion anyway. you can claim anything you want.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
They are only a suggestion anyway. you can claim anything you want.
Actually, you may claim has many as you want, however, you could get penalized very heavily if end up owing the IRS to much money at the end of the year and fail to meet an exception. Unfair, yes. The IRS can keep your money interest free but it does not work the other way around. You give the IRS to little during the year and they will hammer you with interest and penalties for underpayment of taxes if you fail to meet an exception.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 Modena View Post
I would love to see the heads spin on Capitol Hill if all 435 people lost their job. It would be awesome. They become an elite ruling class that doesn't care what we think. I email my rep all the time and get crap back.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
+1 for Ron Paul!

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #10 of 13 Old 01-15-2010, 01:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 57
Well- I have been doing my year end taxes with my accountant and if you can believe it- we are down $200,000.00 in gross receipts from last year.

This was going to be the year we actually got off the pot and bought the Ferrari.

We do track our business through out the year but actually seeing it all play out on paper- WOW, totally shitty week. We knew it was bad based on the lack of income and having to fire our 4 guys, but 200K????!!!!! We have been very lucky up to this point posting a yearly increase of 100K in gross receipts, never had to do any advertising- this is going to be a very different year in terms of aggression and digging out.

For the first time in years, I am actually going to get a refund!!!!!!!!
post #11 of 13 Old 01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Owner

^LOL, paying taxes IS more fun

Sorry to hear about the year. We are suffering a lot too. Managed to keep everyone on but with many concessions to include mandatory time off....but got paid, albeit by taking so much per paycheck to do so.

anyway: never thought the economy was up-ticked, nor do I have very high hopes for '10. I do expect better than the so called 'increases' last year, which were totally never there.....

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #12 of 13 Old 01-15-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetconstruction View Post

For the first time in years, I am actually going to get a refund!!!!!!!!
That is easy, I can guarantee you a refund every year. If your tax preparer cannot, send me a pm.
post #13 of 13 Old 01-16-2010, 01:10 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 125
Everyone likes to make more money and especially those money hungry politicians. I will be checking my pay stub for the difference between last year and this year

Novitec Rosso authorized dealer.

www.shopsat.com

Specialty Automotive Treatments
700 W Sunrise Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33311
(954) SAT-1234

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode