Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 12-19-2009, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Power Trip?

Rob Lay:

"mackb61 was the only user out of hundreds involved with that thread that didn't respect my request and blatantly opened another thread challenging my request and authority as administrator of this site.

If I give my 3 year old a reasonable request and she tests my authority and disobeys, then she gets to put her nose in the corner. When timeout is over we talk about why she needs to mind and if everything is OK.

mackb61 is welcome to return with an offline apology and assurance he isn't going to purposely challenge our authority."

I'm starting to think these guys just don't get it. They are ignorant of how condescending and arrogant they sound. Anyone reading this can clearly see they consider their quality posters to be children to be talked down to and get 'their nose stuck in a corner" until they are willing to crawl back to daddy and lick his boots. WTF? This is the EXACT same reason i got banned and exactly what they expected me to do. Come crawling back to them begging their Royal pardon. Fuck that! Man it sure is entertaining to watch them make complete fools of themselves and the whole time they think their shit don't stink! Brilliant! Just like watching dave m strangle himself slowly while he thought he was king of the world. Now look at his wreckage. I gotta tell you, I'm almost starting to feel sorry for these blind fools running dozens of good ferrari guys away. At first it was entertaining. now it is just getting painful. Don't they read the shit they type?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 12-19-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Rob Lay:

"there are other communities out there if quality and respect between users aren't one of your priorities."

is he f-ing kidding? the whole reason people f-with them is BECAUSE of their lack of respect for their users. I'm starting to find it hard to believe they are just simpletons that don't understand what their posts sound like to those that are reading them. Dave m had to jump in and get his "owning" on too. wonder how long it will take wax to show up with a snide remark?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 37 Old 12-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
reference the thread over there so we can see for ourselves.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....

post #4 of 37 Old 12-20-2009, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250500

Excellent thread until the ungrateful bastards that got it for free and then turned around and sold it to their advertisers at a profit f-ed it up around post 248 page 13. I hope somebody that is still over there can contact this guy and invite him over here to finish his story. After i was called a 3 yo by the site owner and probably worse, i wouldn't give him the satisfaction of my excellent content. Hmmm, who does that sound like....

post #5 of 37 Old 12-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 107
Shame it is going that way....

I poped in for a moment on a thread at a request from a friend and I am sure I will get pummeled by mods for it.

Having spoken directly with Rob I would have bet we were done with the nonsense and attacks....guess not. A true shame. When it became Rob's income source things had to change. To a degree I dont blame him for that but it has now gone beyond... Im not smart enough to say if its right or wrong, only that it isnt worth my time dodging arrows just to help out. I really enjoyed my conversation with Rob but have to agree to disagree...its his site but I sure wouldnt take that approach as he has. He is right about someone taking the spot of those that leave, no one is irreplaceable but that is a sword that cuts both ways!

Mack had one of those "Barn Find" dreams coming true infront of everyones eyes...a great thread. I spoke with him in his parts searches...he is every bit the guy his thread shows, a lot of fun with a wonderful attitude towards the project and not a virgin like many suspected early on. He knew his stuff quite well. It would surprise me if he went back but never say never. He would be a wonderful addition over here as his thread was not near finished.
post #6 of 37 Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 AM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehelms View Post
Mack had one of those "Barn Find" dreams coming true infront of everyones eyes...a great thread. ... He would be a wonderful addition over here as his thread was not near finished.
Agreed, just having read his story on the other site. So, any way to invite him over?

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.
post #7 of 37 Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
well, can't see many of the threads and even access my profile or email after yesterday as my account is frozen!!

still silver subscribed, but 'administrator' has frozen my stuff.

screw them...just re-upped here for 3 years. letting sub. lapse there as only want to keep track of a couple FREE threads.

gotta be on crack to stay there in 'silver--woohoo' section

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #8 of 37 Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF View Post
Agreed, just having read his story on the other site. So, any way to invite him over?
I wish I had kept his contact info but did not. I never expected to down grade my status from a Consultant there but at the time I could think of nothing else to eliminate some of their gripes about me.... Seems they felt that being a Consultant made my business what it is today, couldn't be anything to do with what we do all day long.

He really is a wonderful guy to talk with, I remember laughing quite hard with him. My hopes are he finds his way here to continue his story. When he first started the project we were both in the middle of starting up on Barn Finds and we shared similar feelings of frustration and anxiety.
post #9 of 37 Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 PM
IPF
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehelms View Post
I wish I had kept his contact info but did not. I never expected to down grade my status from a Consultant there but at the time I could think of nothing else to eliminate some of their gripes about me.... Seems they felt that being a Consultant made my business what it is today, couldn't be anything to do with what we do all day long.

He really is a wonderful guy to talk with, I remember laughing quite hard with him. My hopes are he finds his way here to continue his story. When he first started the project we were both in the middle of starting up on Barn Finds and we shared similar feelings of frustration and anxiety.
I understand, that was not to be foreseen. Too bad, but then again: a lot of good guys seem to have wound up this side of the net recently , so who knows? Perhaps someone else stayed in touch, or he just moseys on by on this site one day. Would love to find out the end of the story and I bet he's got some more interesting contributions to make.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mister F.
post #10 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Just thought i'd update. Rob has thrown in "troll" and "mental defective" to his loving description of the Good content providers he and his minions have run away from his enterprise. But don't worry, according to him we will be back. we miss him that much.

post #11 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 06:51 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Just thought i'd update. Rob has thrown in "troll" and "mental defective" to his loving description of the Good content providers he and his minions have run away from his enterprise. But don't worry, according to him we will be back. we miss him that much.
we'll just agree to disagree on what constitutes a good user. maybe we can agree that it is difficult when a good content provider isn't a good user, hard to determine how many of rules shouldn't apply. my opinion on where the line should be drawn will always differ from where the subject in question thinks it should be drawn.
post #12 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Hey Rob,

As the owner of FerrariChat it would be greatly appreciate it if you would practice customer service over email and not via Ferrari Life. As the admin of Ferrari Life I am not trying to answer people's questions about other sites or engage them on a competitors site. I understand you want to respond about what users are saying and I think that can be done on your site, feel free to link to this to give your readers background information as to why you are posting what you are on FerrariChat.

Regards,
Andrew
post #13 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

We will also have to agree to disagree about what turns a good user and content provider (not to mention money and sponsor provider) into a bad user. I have clearly explained that. It's you and some of your nut swingers. I didn't come on your site to cause trouble. I came on there and made it a better place. The record is clear on that. Management 101, it's available at your local community college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lay View Post
we'll just agree to disagree on what constitutes a good user. maybe we can agree that it is difficult when a good content provider isn't a good user, hard to determine how many of rules shouldn't apply. my opinion on where the line should be drawn will always differ from where the subject in question thinks it should be drawn.

Last edited by wetpet; 12-21-2009 at 10:56 AM.
post #14 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Could you imagine rob lay giving such a classy reply? I imagine him calling andrew several very nasty names and then wax or dave would come in and "own" him. Then he would be banned. Way to go andrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Hey Rob,

As the owner of FerrariChat it would be greatly appreciate it if you would practice customer service over email and not via Ferrari Life. As the admin of Ferrari Life I am not trying to answer people's questions about other sites or engage them on a competitors site. I understand you want to respond about what users are saying and I think that can be done on your site, feel free to link to this to give your readers background information as to why you are posting what you are on FerrariChat.

Regards,
Andrew

post #15 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
wow..... can you understand a concept but still be too inept to implement it properly?
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...4&postcount=33

guess so.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #16 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

I wonder if the unpopular user is the one that had 20+ people on a thread demanding he be re-instated. Maybe it's the one that had so many move over here? and one shill saying no. a few customers. I wonder what he thinks a few is? 20? clueless.

Oh, wait, i forgot. His inbox is overflowing with people from above the mason-dixon complaining and wanting to break up the mar. well, dm was able to pull that off by himself. whatever.

post #17 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 09:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lay View Post
You are an asshole, and you've always been an asshole. Treat people with respect, you low life piece of shit. You have let fchat get to your head. Be humble about it because YOU didn't do anything besides making sure the website didn't explode. YOU didn't bring the users, the users came to you. The fact that so many people stayed, and continue to stay, is the ONLY reason you are making money off of fchat. You haven't provided any benefits to your paying members besides posting in a "special" area, and being able to post more pictures. How about you do something for your members before you critique others? A good user to you is someone who shuts up and pays you $50.
post #18 of 37 Old 12-21-2009, 09:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
I wonder if the unpopular user is the one that had 20+ people on a thread demanding he be re-instated. Maybe it's the one that had so many move over here? and one shill saying no. a few customers. I wonder what he thinks a few is? 20? clueless.

Oh, wait, i forgot. His inbox is overflowing with people from above the mason-dixon complaining and wanting to break up the mar. well, dm was able to pull that off by himself. whatever.
why do you care so much about fchat? Just forget about the site.
post #19 of 37 Old 12-22-2009, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

post #20 of 37 Old 12-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
You are an asshole, and you've always been an asshole. Treat people with respect, you low life piece of shit.
What the heck is going on here with all the web-rage? We used to have a nice friendly site, and now we seem to be full of bad language and all we can talk about is another Ferrari site where there is devil worshipping or some such (BTW, I still frequent that site and find it easy to avoid the confrontation).

1. Can we leave the foul-mouthing at the door, please?
2. Can we move all talk about the other site off-forum? I really do not come here to discuss (or read about) some mod was unreasonable or a user that was banned over there, nor anything else to do with Ferrarichat. We're about FERRARILIFE. Not FERRARICHATLIFE. And I am certain many other people feel the same.

Let's focus on making this site better - and talking about another forum is certainly not going to do it.

Many thanks, and looking forward to your future valuable contributions.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode