Met one of my all time favorite front man. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Met one of my all time favorite front man.

To me Scott Weiland legendary front man for Stone Temple Pilots is the epitome of a true rock & roll God, his music is captivating, his voice is hypnotic, his stage presence is memorizing. He wrote some of the best songs in the 90's and propelled Velvet Revolver into two amazing albums, you can certainly hear and see his influence on the band. Oh sure he was and still is F#ck up at times but who in this industry doesn't slip from time to time, plus just like some the great Jazz players of our time (no junk no soul) Scott has this devil on his back that seems to bring out something disturbing and astounding in his performances.

Meeting him was memorable and made me feel like a 19 yr old kid again. I was fortunate that the band had a couple of days off and came to town early, a friend of mine phoned me and told me that Scott was in his Lounge just hanging out so like a star struck kid I drove down. I have to admit I was nervous meeting him I mean it's frigging Scott Weiland He was sitting with a girl as I approached, he was wearing black leather, scruffy beard and pale as a ghost, he looked up at me and smiled and I said "YOU ARE A GOD!!!!"

HA ha ha ha just kidding I actually said "Scott my name is Roberto I am a huge fan, I think that you will go down as one of the all time best front men for any band, I am looking forward to your show and just wanted to meet you and say welcome to Regina the city that rhymes with fun"......He looked at me then laughed said " thank you very I hope I wont disappoint you on our show I will do my best" that was pretty much it except for the fact that I was standing there with one of my drum cymbals that he is now looking at. I said " Oh ya before I forget could you please sign this for me?" with a big smile he said "of course"

The show was amazing hit after hit after hit, but I noticed that the man I met a day prior was not the same on stage, Scott looked well groomed and now with a tan but he definitely was not his usual energetic self, he was messed up. But the show went on he never missed a beat and hit every note perfectly, he never sounded better. Unfortunately as soon as a song was over he was like a zombie just stood there or took a sip on something, but when the music was back on so was he like he was an automaton. Music stopped Scott froze music on Scott performed lol talk about going with the flow he has done it so many times that it was embedded in him, kind of reminds me of Keith Moon (the Who) he use to get so loaded that he was carried on stage sometimes propped up but when the show started he never missed a beat.
Attached Images

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Hahaha! Cool!

Question: Were you more like Wayne or Garth?

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
post #3 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
very nice....STP rock...best heard with a couple swigs under your belt.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

post #4 of 7 Old 11-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,008
W0w!
post #5 of 7 Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Here are a couple of more pics on different occasions.

I happen to organize and hold a few of the concerts in town so I get to hang out with some interesting people.

The week prior we hosted Akon and Danny Fernandez concert, not usually my cup of tea but Danny is a talent young man with big future and Akon well he is a superstar and parties like one lol.

He had to use voice over for half of his songs because he was so hungover from the night before

The boys put on a hell of a show and I in turn put on a hell of an after party for all of them, boy was I hurtin the next day

Also hosted Girlicious, man let me tell ya they were friggin young with a manager that I swear was part of the SS.

Oh ya me Tommy lee years ago, as you can tell from the photo this was way after everyone had gone we sat around playing fooseball and drinking Jagger
Attached Images

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #6 of 7 Old 11-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
oooo, rocker chicks, NOW we're talkin'

nice to be close to the source. great pics

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan