Slam the door! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 10-11-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Slam the door!

Met up with an old high school chum today. First time I'd seen her since 1980 something. Took the Ferrari over. Her husband and I hit it off immediately as he is a motorhead also. He's got a Harley and a built-up Jeep so within 10 minutes of meeting him both of us are underneath the Jeep pointing at stuff while the women are talking whatever trivial stuff it is women talk about.

Anyway, I'm like, "Can I sit on your Harley?" and he says yes. and then he's like, "Can I sit in your Ferrari?" and I say yes and we are giggling like schoolgirls. We start up the Harley so I can make all the vroom vroom noises while the women complain about how childish we are.

His Harley is not registered so we can't take it for a spin. So I'm like, "Well let me take you for a spin in the Ferrari." He gets in the passenger seat and gently clicks the door shut. Shit. The door clicks and jams in a postion that is not quite closed and now it won't close or open. Jammed tight. Shit. We went for the ride and it was a good one but then when we got back he had to climb out over the door cause it still wouldn't open. He felt really bad about screwing up the Ferrari.

I was like, "Dude, don't worry about it. I should have told you to slam the door." He was trying to be gentle with the car. I'm like, "It is not a museum piece, it is a 30 year old piece of metal. You be gentle with new stuff, this stuff is old. The hinges are 30 years old, the latch is 30 years old. You treat that 30 year old door the same way you would treat a 30 year old woman....Once you are in you slam it!" We all had a good laugh over that.

Then heading back home my S'pore girlfriend had to climb in from my side cause the passenger door was still jammed. I figured I'd fix it when I got back home. We took the back roads and of course I like to keep the revs on the car up a bit (good for the engine and all), all the way she's like, "Slow down! Slow down!" I'm like, "Why?" Well she's scared the door is going to fly open. I assure her that the door is jammed and it is not going to fly open. The next corner had a little bump that proved me wrong.

So now I've got this little Chinese girl next to me who's freaking out because we are going around a corner at 50 mph and her door is wide open. I stop and I'm like, "Close the door. Now open the door. Now close the door. OK. We're good." Problem solved. We go and get a pizza and a movie and I fall asleep on the couch. Life is good.

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
So good to hear you had another splendid day, Pete. By the way, I thought the phrase was "hit it hard", rather than slam it hard ? Suppose, it depends on what you're talking about ? w/ smiles Jimmy

Last edited by Italian Lover; 10-11-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelling correction
post #3 of 14 Old 10-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Pete -- have those latches looked at, aligned, lubricated, etc.; you shouldn't need to slam the door! It should close gently yet solidly.

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi

post #4 of 14 Old 10-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
I know you are aware but you seem to be forgetting.

Women want us to believe they are talking about trivial stuff when in fact they are asking each others advise about the latest in extortion techniques. It certainly doesn't help when your attempt to throw them from a moving car fails. Friggen seat belts. Nice recovery try though.

Lane

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #5 of 14 Old 10-12-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Here's us on the Harley.
Attached Images

Capt. Pete
post #6 of 14 Old 10-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 465
Nice photo!

Tony K.

1980 308 GTBi
post #7 of 14 Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Ha ha ha ha great story Pete

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #8 of 14 Old 10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Perhaps none of my business, but

PETE: Did your gal have trouble getting over that grearshift knob

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #9 of 14 Old 10-16-2009, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
PETE: Did your gal have trouble getting over that grearshift knob
She did kind of get stuck on it but she is small enough that I could still shift. She liked 4th gear best.

Capt. Pete
post #10 of 14 Old 10-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 566
Captain Pete,
Many of us envy your problems! Even on our good days, we don't fare as well.

seriously folks, by the name of the thread I thought Pete was revealing his position on illegal immigration!

"Liberals are the pallbearers of societies"

'88.3 Testarossa
'83 Mondial QV (sold!)

Last edited by jungathart; 10-16-2009 at 05:50 PM.
post #11 of 14 Old 10-16-2009, 07:31 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Great story and great picture Pete. Getting yourself a Harley now?

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #12 of 14 Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
She did kind of get stuck on it but she is small enough that I could still shift. She liked 4th gear best.
Talk about pneumatic shifting

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #13 of 14 Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungathart View Post
seriously folks, by the name of the thread I thought Pete was revealing his position on illegal immigration!
I generally don't have a problem with illegal immigration. The illegals come into this country and do the work that we don't want to do for pay that we wouldn't even bother getting out of bed for. And they don't get any of the benefits that I pay for.

There was an egg factory here in Maine that got busted a few years back for hiring illegals. These guys (migrant workers from Mexico) were busting their ass to walk around in chicken shit all day collecting eggs for $2 an hour. And they were happy to get it. It's like 4 times what they were making at home. Yeah, that place got shut down. Can't have that. They need to hire Americans and provide proper working conditions. Well, they can't afford it and remain competitive. Out of business. OK, price of eggs just went up. We'll buy our eggs from China now.

During the clean up in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina there were a hundreds of illegals working there and people were complaining about that but you couldn't hire any Americans that were willing to do the work. If it wasn't for the illegals that city would never have been rebuilt.

So it is not like they are coming over here and taking our jobs. They are doing the work that we don't want to do. I say give them all work visas. Let 'em in legally.

I bought a shirt at LL Bean which is a high end store here in Maine. The shirt was made in the Philippines. I remember when I was in the Philippines with my girlfriend at the time, her Aunt was working at a factory making bras and panties for Victoria's Secret and making $3 a day. She would gladly come to the USA and work for $5 an hour.

Capt. Pete
post #14 of 14 Old 10-17-2009, 12:42 PM
FBI
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 310
LMAO! Damn that was a great story!! Thanks for that.

Cheers!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode