evening drive. - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 53
evening drive.

hi there folks!
just got back from a cracking drive up in to the fells(little mountains),the evening sun lapping up against the sheer craggy faces,the howl of the engine echoing of the fellsides god life doesnt get much better!a lovely route in the 308 up the lyth valley (lords plain)then through bowness on windermere and up the a592 kirkstone pass to the top(1500ft)then back after some piccies.
went like a dream,i reccomend it to anyone.just pic your times to avoid the tourists!anyway all well in the 308 world so glad i bought her,a great hours blast to de-stress!now where's the roof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Sounds like you are really bonding with your new toy. I can't think of a more perfect location than the Lake District and Cumbrian mountains to break you into Ferrari ownership. Just watch out for stray sheep.

Archie
post #3 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Owner

evening drive.

cheers archie,i just can't wait until i can do penrith to alston ,or kirkby lonsdale to hawes and back via sedburgh and ingleton,its just the fuel i need to keep up with!and avoid the weekends because of kamikaze bikers!
wheres your favorite road ? if it wasnt for tourist traffic mine would be the
a592,bottom to top.

post #4 of 13 Old 09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Owner

It's about 20 years since I've been up to the Lake District, so my memory of routes is very rusty. I just remember it was stunning, and long to go back up there now I've got the perfect car to enjoy it with.
TBH, if you get off the beaten track there are lots of great drives in the UK, we have a varied and beautiful country that we don't appreciate enough.
Places that spring to mind are the Peak District in Derbyshire, The Horseshoe Pass in Wales and all around the Snowdon National Park, the road that goes from Sheffield to Manchester, some of the country lanes in West Dorset/Devon...I could go on.

I agree with the bikers, they can be a menace.

Archie
post #5 of 13 Old 09-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,130
Sounds like an excellent way to spend a few hours. You should join us for FLED 2 1/2.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-19-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Owner

evening drive.

thankyou very much for the kind invitation boxer.
unfortunately i will not be able to join you guys on the fled2 as my weekends are taken up until at least mid november.and i should imagine most owners tuck up their cars then until the spring?rightly or wrongly i may have to use mine over some of the winter.although the local council is now using salt that sticks to the road using mollasses! apparently the sheep love licking it off the roads!you may have to watch for this in wales?we had a frost here the other night.any-way have a good time and i will hopefully join you on one in the future.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyz View Post
thankyou very much for the kind invitation boxer.
unfortunately i will not be able to join you guys on the fled2 as my weekends are taken up until at least mid november.and i should imagine most owners tuck up their cars then until the spring?rightly or wrongly i may have to use mine over some of the winter.although the local council is now using salt that sticks to the road using mollasses! apparently the sheep love licking it off the roads!you may have to watch for this in wales?we had a frost here the other night.any-way have a good time and i will hopefully join you on one in the future.
I am not one of the ones who tuck mine away. I do try and use them, when the weather allows, year round.

Last edited by Boxer; 09-20-2009 at 03:47 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
I do try and use them, when the weather allows, year round.
lol... Best typo ever

Last edited by Boxer; 09-20-2009 at 03:48 AM.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-20-2009, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

evening drive

thats good to hear boxer,life's to short to have a good car tucked away for 4 months!
post #10 of 13 Old 09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyz View Post
thats good to hear boxer,life's to short to have a good car tucked away for 4 months!
Could not agree more. Also do not think it is very good for the car to sit for an extended period.
post #11 of 13 Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Owner

As long as they aren't driven when there's salt on the road, I can't see what damage a bit of water and spray is going to do to a car as long as it's been well undersealed and waxoiled. I never use to drive the 328 in the winter, but I've got no plans to wrap the 308 up over the winter. If it get's a bit too cold I might put the roof back on it, it's been off since May

Archie
post #12 of 13 Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
As long as they aren't driven when there's salt on the road, I can't see what damage a bit of water and spray is going to do to a car as long as it's been well undersealed and waxoiled.
On hand crafted cars I would be worried about water entering in certain places where the metal was not fully contoured around say like the fenders. My 348 is brutal for holding water.

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #13 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Life View Post
On hand crafted cars I would be worried about water entering in certain places where the metal was not fully contoured around say like the fenders. My 348 is brutal for holding water.
+1, drying the F40 after washing it takes almost twice as long.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode