2007 Spyker.......Formula 1 for sale - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-09-2009, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
2007 Spyker.......Formula 1 for sale

http://www.anamera.com/en/detail/car...cache=1&ret=63

I found this a strange car for sale. Aren't Formula 1 cars usually more expensive???

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post

I found this a strange car for sale. Aren't Formula 1 cars usually more expensive???
Only if they are desirable, are race winning cars and of important historical significance.

I can't imagine many people will want a Spyker F1 car for a collection. It can't be driven on the road and if you want to track it you would have to employ a small army of technicians just to start it, let alone maintain it and completely rebuild the engine after an hours driving.

Archie
post #3 of 5 Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishawk4 View Post

Not even Championship Ferraris command a huge price IMO. Maninly for a few reasons:
1. They are costly to maintain, especially the one-off pieces.
2. Ferrari like some, maintain you cannot race them against other cars.
3. You may 'run' them as intended on a track but sometimes are required to rent the entire track with no others on it as they don't like to have races run against their venues without sanction.
- I remember being awed once, at FofSF, where I saw a GT-prototype, F40/50 [can't remember--it was intended for racing and never got there] and it was stated the 'owner' received the car from Ferrari [he had about 50 exotics in a warehouse] but wasn't allowed to put on the track against anyother vehicle or without a crew and only if Ferrari allowed it: cost him about $1mill+ and was just 'on display' at the dealership, as the owner had more money than need....just me, but that was my take, he just loved then venue so much, he could acquire these speciality items]}

4. Usually requires about 2-4 support staff, and vehicles to make the thing worth while.

Most turn up many years latter like Nikkis two that I just saw at the IRL last month see this link: http://ferrarilife.com/forums/showpo...48&postcount=5 In this case, the owner was in the historic F1 races, and I'm guessing, don't know, that since they are 'vintage' they fall under different guidelines.

Here are some Vintage F1's, Ferraris, allowed to 'race'..take to the track I posted on youtube.
the sound is awsome, so crank it up: http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=34
note, Nikkis car again...it get around to about every event.

Note the prices attached. [without permisson from Cavallino past issue. Doesn't show latest models, guess I left them off somehow...but, even so, some of those prices are low]

Only, mostly, for the 'art' collector IMO. IF you wanted a nice piece of history, I believe even MS' last ride went for only a mill. perhaps less.
Attached Images

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Last edited by Granucci; 09-09-2009 at 02:27 PM.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-10-2009, 04:11 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
Despite all that, it still sounds quite cheap. Only 110.000 euros seems a bargain when you set that price against the cost of say just the steering wheel. Those things cost 20.000 dollars to make. Now I know that they will never make back on the sale of this car what the thing cost, but only 110k? It seems really low
post #5 of 5 Old 09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
Despite all that, it still sounds quite cheap. Only 110.000 euros seems a bargain when you set that price against the cost of say just the steering wheel. Those things cost 20.000 dollars to make. Now I know that they will never make back on the sale of this car what the thing cost, but only 110k? It seems really low

Bas, look at the Ferrari F1 prices posted. Just the Carbon fiber on some are worth more than what is being for the entire object.

My 456 Hood, Carbon Fiber and Kevlar, was until recently the largest most expensive singly constructed automotive piece where the stock listing price on that alone is IIRC, about $29,000 USD, for the part alone!! Not even fitted, painted and good to go.

yet, F1 cars, somehow do not get the pocket books out.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode