Top Gear Season #13 starts Sunday 21st June - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 06-20-2009, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
Top Gear Season #13 starts Sunday 21st June

The new series of TG starts on Sunday 21st June @ 8.00 PM BST on BBC2 for anyone who can get it. No doubt it will be shown around the world on BBC Prime or BBC World or whatever they call it these days.

That's my Sunday evening TV viewing sorted

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
For those like me that don't have BBC available, visit www.finalgear.com to download the torrent for the episode

I'm really looking forward to it but since I'll be working I guess I'll only watch it in 3 weeks from now

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy
post #3 of 14 Old 06-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
www.eztv.it will undoubtedly have the torrent too. Probably about an hour after broadcast

post #4 of 14 Old 06-21-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Schumachers FXX around the TG track in 1.10 7 seconds quicker than the next best car, the Gumpert Apollo

Archie
post #5 of 14 Old 06-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiegibbs View Post
Schumachers FXX around the TG track in 1.10 7 seconds quicker than the next best car, the Gumpert Apollo
Whoever thought to put Schuey in the Stigs gear and then reveal who he was was a geneous. It made for brilliant TV, loved the interview. I had to explain to the missus tho, no he was'nt actually the Stig The Lotus looked good but sadly the rest was rubbish with the "race" 1949 style.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-22-2009, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Agreed, it was great when he took off his helmet. My immediate reaction was how on earth did they ever pull that off, getting MS as the Stig, but then it soon dawned on me that whilst he may have had time since he retired from F1, there is no way he could have fit it into his schedule until the end of 2006. Great interview with MS, and nice to see the lighter side of him.

Archie
post #7 of 14 Old 06-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Agreed. Cool interview. I absolutely LOVED the race between the train (steamtrains are very awe inspiring machines), the XK120 (God that's a gorgeous car) and the Black Shadow. I found the bit about the Lotus a bit lacking though but that had nothing to do with the car. Lotuses are quite nice.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
An Eternity

Quote:
For people that don't "track" or "race" it is hard/difficult to comprehend a "7" second differental. I recently had the priviledge of being a passenger in a 1996 Porsche Turbo, highly modified with 600 horsepower at the flywheel. I thought my Testarossa was a ample performer.....That Porsche Turbo made my "Redhead" appear as if it was towing the Titanic....Very humbling.....That is what "7" seconds is akin too......Mark.
post #9 of 14 Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 AM

I didn't think the FXX would get on the board. It's not exactly street legal is it? They've had other cars around the track that did very good, but they were excluded because they are only meant for racing on the tracks, not the open road.

There was a thread about the FXX a while back where this was mentioned I think.
post #10 of 14 Old 06-23-2009, 02:14 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
I didn't think the FXX would get on the board. It's not exactly street legal is it? They've had other cars around the track that did very good, but they were excluded because they are only meant for racing on the tracks, not the open road.

You are right, the FXX is not street legal.
post #11 of 14 Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post

They wouldn't let the Capparo on even though it was street legal, they said it was too low to the ground. What was it's time?

I bet a F1 car could do it in less than a minute easily.

Archie
post #12 of 14 Old 06-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 271
Quote:
They wouldn't let the Capparo on even though it was street legal, they said it was too low to the ground. What was it's time?

Did Renault not put the 2007 car around in about 50 seconds?
post #13 of 14 Old 06-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:

I don't exactly rememeber the car but it does sound like it. It was almost like a Le Mans LMP1 car. Indeed very low and it looked very fast. So as far as I'm concerned the FXX is on the board "illegally". It really was a fast run though
post #14 of 14 Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcqv View Post
Did Renault not put the 2007 car around in about 50 seconds?
In episode 8 of series 5 (aired on December 19, 2004) Alonso's Renault R24 did the lap around the Top Gear track driven by the Stig in 59 seconds.

And the FXX shouldn't be on the board, as it is not street legal and probably can't pass over a speed bump (the last being the reason they didn't allow the Caparo T1 to stay on the board, and the first the reason why they didn't allow the Renault F1 car to stay on the board).

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going." - J. P. Kennedy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode