I can't look at my clock anymore - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 06-19-2009, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,516
I can't look at my clock anymore

I've got my digital clocks on a 24 hour setting (not that wimpy am/pm stuff that americans use) and I get all these geek moments during the day. at 37 minutes after 1 in the afternoon (13:37) I'm very 1337, at one past five in the afternoon I always feel extremely Geek because that's the number of the Enterprise in Star Trek, and a few minutes ago it was 8 past 3 at night and I just read some tagline here about someone owning a ferrari 308.

The 1701 thing is cool every day because hey... Star Trek Lives!, but I hope I don't associate too much with ferrari. It's annoying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
What's "Wrong" with this "Picture?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basosz View Post
I've got my digital clocks on a 24 hour setting (not that wimpy am/pm stuff that americans use) and I get all these geek moments during the day. at 37 minutes after 1 in the afternoon (13:37) I'm very 1337, at one past five in the afternoon I always feel extremely Geek because that's the number of the Enterprise in Star Trek, and a few minutes ago it was 8 past 3 at night and I just read some tagline here about someone owning a ferrari 308.

The 1701 thing is cool every day because hey... Star Trek Lives!, but I hope I don't associate too much with ferrari. It's annoying
Basosz has 1,414 on a Ferrari Website, "BUT" does not want to associate "too much" with Ferrari, because it's annoying, Basosz is quite obviously a practicioner of "Self-Induced Annoyance"...Basosz take off the Captain Kirk costume, remove the exact replica Spock ears, slowing put down the faszer set on stun, get out of your parents basement garage, and let the light of day hit your pasty white skin (just my opinion).
post #3 of 19 Old 06-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Here you go Bas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5fsqYctXgM

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."

post #4 of 19 Old 06-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 594
Garage
Bas you do realise your completely losing the plot

"When I was a boy, I had a dream. It now sits in my garage".
www.maranellohouse.com
Lifetime Honorary President NI Italian Motor Club www.niimc.net
post #5 of 19 Old 06-20-2009, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete04222 View Post
That was seriously cool. I haven't seen that clip in ages. Bill Haley was great Thank you for that Pete
post #6 of 19 Old 06-20-2009, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENZ9_1 View Post
Bas you do realise your completely losing the plot
Yes I know. I have been around bends before but this one seems to be taking the cake. By total happenstance (I hope) I get to see 17:01 on the clock on the oven EVERY SINGLE DAY !! I wonder if it's a sign from the Great Bird of the Galaxy (Gene Roddenberry) for me to collect more Star Trek books (596 now )
post #7 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 12:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead Seeker View Post
Basosz has 1,414 on a Ferrari Website, "BUT" does not want to associate "too much" with Ferrari, because it's annoying, Basosz is quite obviously a practicioner of "Self-Induced Annoyance"...Basosz take off the Captain Kirk costume, remove the exact replica Spock ears, slowing put down the faszer set on stun, get out of your parents basement garage, and let the light of day hit your pasty white skin (just my opinion).
You assume the following:

- that I have a capt. Kirk costume (I do not)
- that I have exact replica Spock ears (I do not, although I would give serious money for original ones worn by Leonard Nimoy)
- that there are things called faszers (never heard of 'em)
- that I have a "faszer" where I think you mean "phaser". (I don't have one)
- that I live in my parent's basement garage. (They don't have one, thus I can't live there. Their garage is meant for actual cars)
- that I rarely leave the house (which I do. I love the outdoors. Love looking at the birds in the garden)
- that I have pasty skin (I'm actually quite tanned thank you very much. Doing some work outdoors and a weekend in the open with our Fiat 500 will do that)
- that saying all that is "just your opinion". It's not. It's making baseless statements. Proper opinions should only be made on facts. When they are based on assumptions (which n this case were ALL untrue) they just serve to make YOU look like an idiot. Well done.

There is a saying in my field of expertise: "Assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups"

You assumed quite a bit so you really did f*ck up there.

By the way... seems like you're trying to make me look like a Star Trek nerd. I'm not a Nerd. I'm a frakking GEEK !!!! Big difference.
post #8 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Gee Bas,
I made those same assumptions. I'm kind of dissappointed now.

(BTW - If I had a Phaser, I don't think it would ever be set for "stun". I'd probably leave it set on "vaporize".)

Capt. Pete
post #9 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 01:29 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
(BTW - If I had a Phaser, I don't think it would ever be set for "stun". I'd probably leave it set on "vaporize".)
I just re-thought that and I've decided that the "stun" setting would be useful to use on people who might be useful to me or those whom I actually like that just at that particular moment happen to be pissing me off.

"I'm glad we are close enough friends that we can openly express our opinions to one another. Unfortunately, your opinion is wrong. We shall discuss this again tomorrow and see if we can't agree." ZAP!!!

Maybe I should get me one of those Taser things. It would sure make my meetings go by quicker. "Here's the direction I think we should go. Does anyone disagree?.......No one?......Well, OK then. The matter is settled."

Capt. Pete
post #10 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 05:29 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,839
Quote:
Maybe I should get me one of those Taser things. It would sure make my meetings go by quicker. "Here's the direction I think we should go. Does anyone disagree?.......No one?......Well, OK then. The matter is settled."
Dude...read the directions closely and trust they are correct.

Lane

Previous owner of 348ts SS #64, Now Ferrariless
post #11 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

post #12 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Owner

Quote:

I thought the pink one would be perfect for Pete
It will certainly go with his eyes

Lane

post #13 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Owner
Elite Member

I don't care what color it is. As long as it helps me support my position in a discussion I'm good with it.

"So now you've got a problem with the color of my Taser? Well, you are certainly welcome to your opinion." ZAP!!!

I'm pretty sure a couple of weeks with a Taser and I'll be surrounded with agreeable people who have no problems, always support my opinion and will go out of their way to please me.

I think I'll get one and start doing performance appraisals next week. "Umm. Mr. Smith, Would you step into my office for a minute please? I'd like to give you some feedback on your performance over the last 6 months."

Capt. Pete

Last edited by Pete04222; 06-29-2009 at 06:40 AM.
post #14 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Owner

Hey Baz...10 bucks says he tries it on himself "by accident".

Lane

post #15 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 157
Basosz has "many opinions"

Quote:
You assume the following:

- that I have a capt. Kirk costume (I do not)
- that I have exact replica Spock ears (I do not, although I would give serious money for original ones worn by Leonard Nimoy)
- that there are things called faszers (never heard of 'em)
- that I have a "faszer" where I think you mean "phaser". (I don't have one)
- that I live in my parent's basement garage. (They don't have one, thus I can't live there. Their garage is meant for actual cars)
- that I rarely leave the house (which I do. I love the outdoors. Love looking at the birds in the garden)
- that I have pasty skin (I'm actually quite tanned thank you very much. Doing some work outdoors and a weekend in the open with our Fiat 500 will do that)
- that saying all that is "just your opinion". It's not. It's making baseless statements. Proper opinions should only be made on facts. When they are based on assumptions (which n this case were ALL untrue) they just serve to make YOU look like an idiot. Well done.

There is a saying in my field of expertise: "Assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups"

You assumed quite a bit so you really did f*ck up there.

By the way... seems like you're trying to make me look like a Star Trek nerd. I'm not a Nerd. I'm a frakking GEEK !!!! Big difference.
You have over 1,400 posts and they are "all" based on facts not opinions?!. Well here is a "fact" for you Basosz. Forum titled "American Kids vs English Kids" post #10, Where in your post Basosz you give your "opinion" highlighted as demonstrated (opinion) 3 times. Obviously using your above stated parameters about opinions, YOU Basosz are the IDIOT! and using the Gutter Language you Basosz are so fond of You ****ed UP....Now let's see you squirm and contort your Pasty White A** of of this one!!!!, You can't, those are your words in that "post" Basosz about YOUR OPINIONS!...What is your field of expertise Basosz?....One of them must be painting yourself in a corner, because you sure are in one now, but of course in your dillusional world I am sure "Scotty" can...."Beam you UP"
post #16 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 12:00 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,874
Quote:
You have over 1,400 posts and they are "all" based on facts not opinions?!. Well here is a "fact" for you Basosz. Forum titled "American Kids vs English Kids" post #10, Where in your post Basosz you give your "opinion" highlighted as demonstrated (opinion) 3 times. Obviously using your above stated parameters about opinions, YOU Basosz are the IDIOT! and using the Gutter Language you Basosz are so fond of You ****ed UP....Now let's see you squirm and contort your Pasty White A** of of this one!!!!, You can't, those are your words in that "post" Basosz about YOUR OPINIONS!...What is your field of expertise Basosz?....One of them must be painting yourself in a corner, because you sure are in one now, but of course in your dillusional world I am sure "Scotty" can...."Beam you UP"
Why would you type that out of curiosity? Wouldn't it be more respectable to just let it be? I am just saying, there is a ton of anger on this site lately and it is by no means needed. I have been on here almost 2 years and it has never been this bad before. I am not directing this towards you, it is on a more general basis...now I must go run away and hide in the shadows.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.-Anatole France
"Dude, it's just math"-Pete
post #17 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Bastage View Post
Hey Baz...10 bucks says he tries it on himself "by accident".
Oh god that makes me think of the Mythbusters... you can find it on their site. It's frakking hilarious. Tory there tried the taser on himself and it hurt like hell (well... dUh that) but he did it again in another segment. Tory has great potential for inflicting pain on himself. That potential shines through

I'm not gonna take the bet though cos I'm on the same side. I'm very tempted to buy Pete a Taser just to find a YouTube clip of Pete hurting himself on the oil ship. Plenty of possibilities for secondary pain

I'm sorry Pete but you really do seem to attract this kinda thing. Remember the ATV through the back window of the truck?
post #18 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Damn that is some seriously bad usage of the english language. Please rephrase so I might actually understand what you're asking/saying. Only thing I did understand was your inquiry about my field of expertise. It's called "Human Technology". Nothing to do with painting I'm afraid. Also... please explain where you get the idea that I'm delusional.

Btw: IF you find "f*cked up" to be gutter language THEN Hahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks man... that was funny
post #19 of 19 Old 06-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
I'm sorry Pete but you really do seem to attract this kinda thing. Remember the ATV through the back window of the truck?
Don't be sorry. I know that I am an idiot and I know that you are an idiot. That relationship seems to suit us fine. We are friends no matter how wrong you are. (Oh Shit! Where's my phaser?!)

What I don't get is why everyone is so jacked up about this post>

Capt. Pete

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode