246 Dino - price increase? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
246 Dino - price increase?

I was doing my usual weekly browse of main dealer and independents websites, and whilst looking at www.foskers.com noticed they had several Dino's, one at 120K GBP & another at 125K GBP ($240K - $250K USD).
I haven't really been looking at Dino prices, but thought they were generally in the 60K - 100K range dependent upon condition..etc.
Has there been a recent hike in Dino values, and where are they heading?
Is this also good news for 3X8 owners?

Archie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
Fosker is way over the general market. Rardleys (Mike Wheeler) has had a few more in the 70k range.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-23-2007, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,928
70K is roughly what I would have thought as an average, his Dino's do seem OTT, but the rest of his stock seems fairly priced.

Archie

post #4 of 5 Old 08-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Another viewpoint

Fact is Dino prices have been on the rise but IMHO most of the potential buyers are simply looking for a Dino without understanding the Dino models' selections. US buyers' preference is skewed toward GTS model and the market price for GTS does reflect this popularity. Many of the buyers aren't even aware of the differences between US vs. Euro models and the differences among the 206, 246 L, M, E models. I am asuming that in the Continent (Europe), Euro models' the choice. Here in Japan, Euro GT models are more popular for several reasons. My viewpoint is that buyers should be more familiar w/ the stats and the market price should reflect these differences, not simply based on the resto conditions, etc. Jimmy
post #5 of 5 Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 PM
Master Mechanic

Ferrari Life Posts: 490
I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head Jimmy.
It seems to me that at least some of the upper end market is now becoming investment led again with, as you say, people purchasing cars that they neither understand, nor have a great affinity for.
Whether this will petter out or gain momentum is a question for the money guys here:thumbup:
But it's worth bearing in mind that some of the most valuable & rare cars have been sold from established private collections in the past year (more than I can remember changing hands for many years), so maybe these guys are thinking that the value is about to peak?
Just a thought!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode