Do I need to remove the Door glass completely to install a new window channel? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-10-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Do I need to remove the Door glass completely to install a new window channel?

I just noticed that the R/S Door glass channel had somehow slid down and the glass can only go a little past halfway down before stopping. I had the channels in both door replaced while my Dino was being repaired, however, the rear vertical glass channel on the R/S door somehow snagged and was pushed down by the glass and was jammed in the lower recesses of the door. The channel material was completely ruined and could not be reused. After removing the damaged window channel, my mechanic tried to slide the new channel down from the top, but, that proved to be impossible as the channel material will not easily slide down with the glass in place. It looks like the glass needs to be removed so the channel material can be pushed directly into window frame.

My mechanic really doesn't want to remove the glass and instead would prefer to use a different channel material that might slide easier from the top and then it could be glued in place. I'm not to keen on this idea. Can anyone explain the steps involved in removing the door glass (or if you could send me a link to a video that I could watch that shows the process)? I've never worked on a door glass that was raised and lowered via a cable, so, I worry about how difficult it will be to make adjustments to the glass after it's reinstalled.

If it is something that is better left to an expert, then, I will not attempt to remove the glass. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hawaii 5-0
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 06:32 AM
Owner
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 962
Removing the glass is the correct way. Adjusting the window and channel position can be tedious....
Not a hard job, but will require patience.

Sarasota Italian Garage, LLC
Sarasota, FL
www.fluentinferrari.com
[email protected]

**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
post #3 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Thanks for the advice. I can handle tedious procedures, but, I'd like to know the exact steps needed to remove the door glass.

I'd also like to find instructions on the proper steps to adjust the reinstalled glass to fit the door glass channels correctly.

do you have any ideas as to where I could find these instructions?
Thank you again.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-16-2019, 06:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 824
Garage
You have to remove the glass and push the new "U" channel felt into the metal carrier.

If you have binding and lubricants don't help, I found that removing the bottom few inches of "U" channel releases this. This is the lowest section in the door and never seen by observers but everything is curved and it allowed things to travel easier

En Dino Veritas

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode