Looking For Sun Visors For My Dino - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-01-2018, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Looking For Sun Visors For My Dino

I have been searching for a company that sells exact reproductions of the original sun visors that came in my USA model 1972 246 Dino GT LHD. Because of aging, the foam inside of my sun visors has deteriorated to the point that it is falling out of the perforations in the visor cover material and slowly snowing over the interior of the car. Because I wear contacts, when that dust gets into my eyes, it almost blinds you for a second or two. It got to the point that I had to remove both visors from the car.
Has anyone other Dino GT owner found a replacement sun visor that exactly duplicates the details of the original sun visors? I purchased a set from DinoParts, however, there were several problems with the visors that were sent to me. the biggest problem was that the metal structure of the sun visor was at least an inch too short when I compared them to the original sun visors. Another problem was that the seams on the DinoParts sun visors were sewn together and not sealed like the original visors. I was able to return them for a refund. I attached photos showing the differences between the original visors and the new visors.
Any and all suggestions or comments about finding replacement sun visors for my Dino will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode