Dino competzione:has PF's selling price ever been disclosed? - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 09-12-2014, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 66
Dino competzione:has PF's selling price ever been disclosed?

It was quite thrilling to see this yellow Dino, an ex-show car bought by an American and fitted out for the street, in Carmel at the event where some Pebble Beach entrants drive a tour on the street. But here's pictures on this site apparently shot very early at Pebble, with threatening skies (it didn't rain fortunately)

The Ferrari Dino Competizione is Different and That's Good | Petrolicious

I was just wondering if any of the many stories ever mentioned what PF sold it for? From what I read, the car was not quite road ready, and had to be fettled for that, including reshaping the rear spoiler which looked fine in the original but after some modern wind tunnel work, they realized it needed changing to be useful in real life use.

I researched another Ferrari, the Pinin, which was also a non running Ferrari show car bought by a civillian and made running and that turned out to be a financial disaster for the restorer. But that car didn' t have the bones of a real race car which the yellow Dino does so I would say that this putting a show car on the street is a risky venture. But if you choose the right car, one with the right DNA, you could reap great rewards in exclusivity. In essence, the buyer/restorer is completing the dream of the original designer....with none of the compromises that have to be made to meet all the bumper/safety laws that production cars have to meet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 217
Just ask the owner!

He is here on board: Napolis!
post #3 of 5 Old 09-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Except in cases where there is either a public record of sale price or where there is an established market price as in a new car the real price is often not disclosed. The rumor mill often fills the void.

I was brought up to understand it is distasteful to ask what something cost or to brag about what I paid. I can't help but feel that is a more civilized way.

post #4 of 5 Old 09-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Except in cases where there is either a public record of sale price or where there is an established market price as in a new car the real price is often not disclosed. The rumor mill often fills the void.

I was brought up to understand it is distasteful to ask what something cost or to brag about what I paid. I can't help but feel that is a more civilized way.
+1, certain things are better when left for imaginations.

w/ smiles
Jimmy
post #5 of 5 Old 09-13-2014, 11:01 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Brian,

he is talking about the sale price back in 1967 or thereabouts: what Pininfarina sold the car for. Surely that is an entirely different matter.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode