Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Dino Era: 206, 246 (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dino-era-206-246/)
-   -   Ferrari Dino - Ducting / Hose for restoration? (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/dino-era-206-246/21052-ferrari-dino-ducting-hose.html)

Hobby_Dino 05-21-2013 11:26 AM

Ferrari Dino - Ducting / Hose for restoration?

2 Attachment(s)
Dear Dino restorer,

me and some other Dino restorers wanted to use the original ducting for the engine block again and got in touch with the german company who sold these ductings to Ferrari back to the 1970s.
This ducting was used for air intake to the engine block.
The used cut lengths were 0,3 meters and 0,45 meters for each car.

So we ordered this hise type with a small group of people, but as the minimum order quantity was pretty high, we were forced to order more than needed (this hose is no standard any more, normal MOQ: 300 meters/order).

Now I do have several hoses available because of the big MOQ and because some people who bought these hoses as well, left me in the lurch and didn't get in touch with me any more. I do no use of these any more and would like to ask who is in need of these air intake hoses.

I guess many of you are like us: you do want to have all original parts when you restore your dream car/your baby. ;)

We bought two hose versions in the past:
The normal variant
and
a flame retardent variant

I have attachex two data sheets from this company.

Just to inform you regarding the unit prices…:
Normal version:
We paid for the 0,3 meter ducting: 49,00 €/pc.
And for the 0,45 meter ducting: 74,00 €/pc.

Flame retardent version:
We paid for the 0,3 meter ducting: 67,00 €/pc.
and for the 0,45 meter cut length: 100,00€/pc.

These are the prices we paid for ours and I only want to get back the costs I had with these pieces. I promise that I do not want to gain a profit with this.

I can ship these hoses worldwide if desired. Shipping cost are charged for buyer.
Hoses are currently based in germany.

I hope there is some interest in these hoses.

If there are questons left or you are interested, feel free to write me a pm.

Thank you.
Hobby_Dino

tazandjan 05-21-2013 12:42 PM

Welcome to Ferrari Life. Sounds like something worthwhile, but your attachments did not make it.

Hobby_Dino 05-21-2013 03:16 PM

Dear tazandjan, thank you very much.

There went something wrong. I have attache the missing data sheets now.

Kind regards,
Hobby_Dino

iainuk 05-22-2013 03:21 AM

Hobby Dino,

I need 3 sets. Can you PM me to arrange it?

USADino 05-24-2013 09:09 PM

Do you have photos?
These should be a heavy woven item rather than the clothes-dryer vent style hose that many are selling
Wurth used to have it, not sure anymore

iainuk 05-25-2013 11:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are photo's of my original intake hose (the green and red overspray is not original and the smaller diameter grey hose was a sample from a local supplier) and photo's of Hoby Dino's hose which was made by Vacuflex who I believe made the original hose for Ferrari.

pshoejberg 05-26-2013 11:42 AM

Hi Hobby_Dino,

What is the inner diameter in mm of this Vacuflex hose you offer for sale? Is this hose appearing as the original hose for the early 246 L-series as well?

Best regards

Peter

Hobby_Dino 05-26-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pshoejberg (Post 249711)
Hi Hobby_Dino,

What is the inner diameter in mm of this Vacuflex hose you offer for sale? Is this hose appearing as the original hose for the early 246 L-series as well?

Best regards

Peter

Dear Peter,

the inner diameter of this hose is 100mm. Unfortunately I do not know wether it is used for the early 246 L-series. Maybe iainuk can help you regarding this Information.

Best regards

iainuk 05-27-2013 03:17 AM

As far as I know the same hose was used for the L series.

pshoejberg 05-28-2013 04:59 AM

Thanks iainuk for the additional information. I believe my short air hose from the wing air intake to the air filter box still is original. It appears to be made of a grey woven type of cloth material as indicated by SCM246, but I have not seen this type of hose available any were lately. Hobby_Dino I have send you a PM regarding buying a set of your hoses.

Regards

Peter

iainuk 05-28-2013 07:49 AM

Peter,

It's probably worth dropping a PM to Matthias Bartz who is the guru on all things Dino for confirmation on the hoses used for the L series. You can reach him through F Chat FerrariChat.com

Regards,

Iain

iainuk 05-30-2013 08:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The new hoses arrived today from Hobby Dino and they are a perfect match to the OEM items :thumbsup:

Speedmoore 05-30-2013 05:48 PM

I hand made this hose last year doing a 100 pt restoration on the prototype 246 and it was a PITA. Came out well but I'm interested in buying some as it looks spot on.

Wish I had known you last year!!

Speedmoore 05-30-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainuk (Post 249910)
Peter,

It's probably worth dropping a PM to Matthias Bartz who is the guru on all things Dino for confirmation on the hoses used for the L series. You can reach him through F Chat FerrariChat.com

Regards,

Iain

This is what was used on the L series without a doubt. Mathias will certainly confirm. He and I probably know more about every nut/bolt on them than you can imagine. Last year we both were restoring two of the earliest Ls simultaneously and shared notes daily on what was original and what was not. If you have not bought his book on Dino's I HIGHLY recommend it.

pshoejberg 06-13-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainuk (Post 250192)
The new hoses arrived today from Hobby Dino and they are a perfect match to the OEM items :thumbsup:

Do you also use this hose between the air filter and the caburator box, i.e. 3 hoses pr. car?

Regards

Peter

iainuk 06-13-2013 11:29 AM

No Peter. The grey hose was used on the intakes only. The hose between the carb and the air box is black.

You can buy it from several sources. Cicognani have it for example. It's part number 16325187 on this page of their website http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/i...mid=16&lang=en

Superformance also have it - item 24609120 http://www.superformance.co.uk/a-246/carb.htm

Edit: Apologies. I've just checked the Compendium and in the photo's of Matthias' L series car this hose from the air box to the air filter is indeed grey.

HMB-Dino 06-21-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iainuk (Post 250192)

It seems the lengths provided are a bit short. My Spare Parts Catalog calls for a .6m hose on the air filter side inlet duct (TAV9.10). That's about 4.3 inches longer than the .49m longer piece in the set. Did you have any issues with using the shorter length of that piece? The Spare Parts Catalog doesn't show the other side inlet duct, so I don't know what length is called for the other piece.

USADino 06-21-2013 12:20 PM

I thought the original on the E Series was paper with a much tighter coil

iainuk 06-21-2013 12:22 PM

The hoses are correct for an E series. Tavola 9 in the parts manual lists the size of the hose to the air filter as 0.3m (part no 263E-1811752) and 0.45m for the right side intake (part no 263E-181751). We laid them out against the originals and they are the correct length. I don't know if the L or M series are different but I'd be surprised.

iainuk 06-21-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM246 (Post 253149)
I thought the original on the E Series was paper with a much tighter coil

The only paper hoses on an E series are the ones in the front compartment for the ventilation system.