Dino 246 GT GTS parts manual PROBLEMS & SOLUTION - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-24-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 828
Garage
Dino 246 GT GTS parts manual PROBLEMS & SOLUTION

There were a couple of different formats and dates that the Ferrari factory original spare parts manual came in for the 246 GT and 246 GTS combined parts. There was the small orange that was included in the owner's leather pouch and the large A4 style in the blue binder.

The large blue binder parts list was the last one for the 246 series, was printed in 1975 at the end of production and had five sections:
- General parts
- Parts for cars with the Air Conditioning Option
- Parts for RHD cars
- Parts for USA cars
- Body parts

The Ferrari factory spare parts manual in blue binder was formatted with an exploded parts image on one page and on the back of it was the itemized parts list. The difficulty with this is that when you are ordering parts, you are continually flipping between the image page and the parts list on the backside to see the quantity needed and record the part number.
What a pain.

I also found out that when making a parts order on dinoparts.de that the system "times you out" pretty quickly, dumping your cart. On a recent large order of parts I spent half an hour+ flipping pages back and forth to make my order, only to find my large list of parts in the cart at checkout was cleared out.

To facilitate using the parts manual, I've taken that A4 format, reduced it 5% to fit on an 8.5" x 11" and rearranged the pages so that both the image and the parts list are viewed when the binder is open. See accompanying photo.

Now when I order parts, I open each page and have all the information I need, no more flipping back and forth!
Attached Images

Last edited by USADino; 03-24-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM246 View Post
There were a couple of different formats and dates that the Ferrari factory original spare parts manual came in for the 246 GT and 246 GTS combined parts. There was the small orange that was included in the owner's leather pouch and the large A4 style in the blue binder.

The large blue binder parts list was the last one for the 246 series, was printed in 1975 at the end of production and had five sections:
- General parts
- Parts for RHD cars
- Parts for USA cars
- Body parts

The Ferrari factory spare parts manual in blue binder was formatted with an exploded parts image on one page and on the back of it was the itemized parts list. The difficulty with this is that when you are ordering parts, you are continually flipping between the image page and the parts list on the backside to see the quantity needed and record the part number.
What a pain.

I also found out that when making a parts order on dinoparts.de that the system "times you out" pretty quickly, dumping your cart. On a recent large order of parts I spent half an hour+ flipping pages back and forth to make my order, only to find my large list of parts in the cart at checkout was cleared out.

To facilitate using the parts manual, I've taken that A4 format, reduced it 5% to fit on an 8.5" x 11" and rearranged the pages so that both the image and the parts list are viewed when the binder is open. See accompanying photo.

Now when I order parts, I open each page and have all the information I need, no more flipping back and forth!
very nice soulution!
post #3 of 6 Old 04-14-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignini View Post
very nice soulution!
I forgot to mention it last week but I mailed your copy to you. Please let me know when you receive it.

Scott

post #4 of 6 Old 04-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 22
Quote:
I forgot to mention it last week but I mailed your copy to you. Please let me know when you receive it.

Scott
I received the "book" thank you very much. excellent!
It will save me a lot of time and makes identifying parts a lot easier. Plan to laminate cause it will get a lot of use!
post #5 of 6 Old 07-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 26
Quote:

- General parts
- Parts for RHD cars
- Parts for USA cars
- Body parts

What a pain.

We do not understand why the factory never did taht !
post #6 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Just to be clear, this is a photocopy of the Factory parts manual.

I objected to the arrangement of the pages;
From the factory, the parts list for each picture is on the back of the page for that picture, meaning you had to flip back and forth to correlate a part in the picture to get the part number from the list. When buying many parts this "flipping of pages" got to be tedious.

I have collated these copies (SEE BELOW) so that everything for one page can be seen as the book is opened up; the picture is on the top panel and on the bottom panel is the list of parts numbers.
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode