FIRST disclaimer: I don't hate the CA, but just listing what I've found via googling and reading other areas.
I am listing ONLY the numerous/greater-than-several
reports of real problems. So, things to be aware.
feel free to expand list. This in not intended to be a hate CA post just a FYI, which should prove valuable.
Also, the apparent value of the extended warrarnty was much louded and therefore a great value.
Most issues were the pre 2012 models.
- Numerous exhaust manifold cracking: resulted in a campaign recall, but apparently not solved...then again not particulary anything new. Guessing aftermarket would be better.
- Numerous reports of 'failure on roof top'. Seems the top can unseat during the drive causing a error/warning light. Some mention software, but seems more mechanical. Early models as most these problems seems to be reside, state some sort of flex and therefore alignment problem.
- DCT problems...too numerous to list.
- iPhone/iPod connectivity problems to manily bluetooth and voice recognition also. Some mention software fix and agree. but good luck.
- A/C not working. Just quits. Seems some sort of 'restart' needs to reset the ECU or ??
- trunk problems in conjunction with roof down scenario....not sure it's a true problem but seems many 'stand on one foot and rub tummy' solutions are applied and it somehow works again?
- radio and/or HVAC stops for no reason: Reset via start/stop or battery off technique.
- Ferrari plans to recall about 200 cars globally [CA and Italias], 100 of which are in the United States, because of malformed crankshafts: Replacement engines have been offered. http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2579FA001A81F6
- AHV system failure, CST system failure and Manetinno failure all same time: Seems to be a brake switch problem.
- Starting problems with either the switch or?? factory in trying to understand the error codes put out resolved by replacing the entire car battery.