Help New 458 owner. OBD code P1525 Engine Control system failure (not battery) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-10-2019, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Help New 458 owner. OBD code P1525 Engine Control system failure (not battery)

Hello everyone, i am a recent owner of a 458 and experiencing a strange issue- I have already bought a brand new battery so battery is excluded and is not the problem.

My car is a 2010 with 30K Miles Had annual checkup and service rite before i bought it, had no issues and i knew PO so i am sure he didn't deal with this problem either.

Here is what happens:

On hard acceleration ONLY 6500+ RPM this sometimes happens, all of a sudden i'll get the WARNING LIMITED PERFORMANCE, RESTART THE ENGINE/ so i'd restart then the ENGINE SYSTEM CONTROL FAILURE message + Yellow Check engine would stay on but car would drive normal and feel ok..then lets say i push the car again hard acceleration 4-5 more times eventually it will all happen all over again. OBD code comes up as P1525 (yes i've cleared it, and same code comes back if the issue happens again)

i googled this code but nothing solid for ferrari came, alli got was that this code for other cars possibly has something to do with camshaft? maybe the camshaft variable angle/timing also found this online The reason of Ferrari 458 Italia P1525 OBD-II Engine Error Code is P1525 Air Bypass Valve System-

So the problem is not battery related, i'm able to replicate it, it happens and hard pushes (not every time but enough to be a problem)

any advice? of course i'll be taking it to mechanic soon to use proper reader and tools and get a diagnosis but wondering if anyone here dealt with this before? Thanks