458 Spider Demonstrating Forza Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-14-2015, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 419
458 Spider Demonstrating Forza Exhaust Bypass Valve Controller

I thought you might like to watch this short YouTube video of a 458 Spider demonstrating the Forza exhaust bypass valve controller.

https://youtu.be/55_FaulngmI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-14-2015, 12:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 151
I like this remote controlled valves.It's nice to be able to have them always open,closed or on auto mode ( normally they open and close as they would without the valve controller ) but i would not purchase them.I like the full sound ALL the time.Life is too short care if you anoy other people,but ok would not drive down the neighborhood street at 7.000-9.000rpm at 3am.Or maybe i would...
post #3 of 6 Old 03-16-2015, 10:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
As I have mentioned many times, Ferrari should make it so Race mode on up has the valves fully open. Then the warm up screen should work in Sport mode. Lamborghini has their valves fully open in Corsa mode. Novitec programming does the same. Ferrari should be able to do this without it's customers having to resort to any external valve remote kit. It just sounds horrible driving a Ferrari and having the valves open and close all the time. If Chevrolet can do it, so can Ferrari.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2

post #4 of 6 Old 03-17-2015, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
As I have mentioned many times, Ferrari should make it so Race mode on up has the valves fully open. Then the warm up screen should work in Sport mode. Lamborghini has their valves fully open in Corsa mode. Novitec programming does the same. Ferrari should be able to do this without it's customers having to resort to any external valve remote kit. It just sounds horrible driving a Ferrari and having the valves open and close all the time. If Chevrolet can do it, so can Ferrari.
I am speculating .. but, I expect they do not have an always open mode due to the noise abatement requirements ... especially in the EU. Chevrolet (i.e., the C7 Corvette), when the valves are open are not as loud as the Ferrari with the valves open. And, I do not have any knowledge about it ... but, does Chevrolet have a different exhaust bypass valve profile in the EU vs. the US?

Also, again not sure here, is the Chevy Corvette C7 vacuum actuated valves or servo actuated? Some where in my mind I thought I heard the C7 uses servo actuated bypass valves. Not that this is relevant, jut asking.

Regards,

Last edited by bisel; 03-17-2015 at 09:55 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-31-2017, 06:21 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Garage
On my 430, I just disconnected vacuum line to the exhaust valves and plugged them. Took 5 minutes. Valves are on top.
On my 458, it looks like a real hassle to do the same thing on my 458. Any hints on the easiest way to access the
valves on a 458?
Thanks,
Don
post #6 of 6 Old 03-31-2017, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofast458 View Post
On my 430, I just disconnected vacuum line to the exhaust valves and plugged them. Took 5 minutes. Valves are on top.
On my 458, it looks like a real hassle to do the same thing on my 458. Any hints on the easiest way to access the
valves on a 458?
Thanks,
Don
You might try removing the rear air diffuser. I think there are several screws to remove, but other than that, I believe it is fairly easy to remove and re-install. I don't have a 458, but I believe that should give you access to the bypass valves so you can disconnect and plug the vacuum lines.

Steve

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode