Seat style selection for Cali-T - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-14-2014, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 31
Seat style selection for Cali-T

I recently traded-in my 2012 FF and will have a California-T for the future if all goes as planned. When running thru specs on California, the sales guy at FoW had suggested Kennede seats which are supposed to be more compliant/comfortable than standard offerings. I did have opportunity to sit in a Cali with these seats but it didn't have full electric (not the usual adjustment for side/back bolsters, etc) so uncertain if full electric option would influence firmness/comfort with mechanical arms under cushions.

Has anyone had Kennede seats in past or current vehicle and can provide feedback on their comfort? I'm probably 60-90 days from getting call from dealer for final order confirmation/deposit and don't want to make a mistake.

In the FF I found that the side bolsters had little if any expansion and pressed on my thighs. I could have considered having the mechanical adjustment from lower side bolsters removed and padding added, but I didn't want to change configuration of seats since I was ready to sell the FF. With next Ferrari, I was looking at options with better seat comfort. I'm 6'2" at 330 lbs so seat ergonomics are often a hassle when reviewing vehicles (e.g., dislike high/hard bolsters).

For those asking why I'd sold the FF and looking at Cali-T. Wife liked 2011 Maserati GT convertible which was sold to purchase FF. She never bonded with FF, so looking at convertible option again (e.g., the Cali-T) that we'd both utilize as second car for weekends, etc. Bought a 2015 Mercedes S63 AMG 4MATIC coupe to cover daily driving. The FF always seemed to have idiot lights (ECS failure, etc.) flashing and if it wasn't chained to battery tender it wouldn't behave so I got weary and sold it.

Thanks

Dave

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode