New Cali 30 in Philly - Ferrari Life
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-29-2013, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA USA
Ferrari Life Posts: 9
New Cali 30 in Philly

So after 3 long weeks between port and delivery she has finally arrived. I will post a few pics that the dealer sent me and I will post more shortly. The Cali was my first Ferrari that I built to my own specs. I think that the chocolate brown and the nero look even better together in-person.
Attached Images
         

2013 California
2013 BMW M5
2013 Jeep Wrangler
2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder sTasis #8
myphillylawyer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 05-30-2013, 02:53 AM
 
NickBongio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 550
Very nice! Enjoy :-)
NickBongio is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 05-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Owner
 
16M Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Congratulations! Beautiful colour scheme. Love how the callipers match the shields. The yellow shield logo is so iconic that IMO CF shields detract. Your Daytona seat combo is the best I have seen and very tastefully displays the style. I have in the past had nero Daytonas and the effect was too muted. What are your feelings towards highlighting those similarly iconic gills with either carbon fibre or metallic as per the original California? I had an 09 Cali and contemplated this but never did it.

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
16M Down Under is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Congratulations! Beautiful colour scheme. Love how the callipers match the shields. The yellow shield logo is so iconic that IMO CF shields detract. Your Daytona seat combo is the best I have seen and very tastefully displays the style. I have in the past had nero Daytonas and the effect was too muted. What are your feelings towards highlighting those similarly iconic gills with either carbon fibre or metallic as per the original California? I had an 09 Cali and contemplated this but never did it.
Just FYI, the wheel caps, shields, and calipers are all different shades of yellow.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Owner
 
16M Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Just FYI, the wheel caps, shields, and calipers are all different shades of yellow.
Seems like my slight colour blindness could be a good thing for me after all. Is the colour difference intentional or just a bit of slack quality control?

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
16M Down Under is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 05-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16M Down Under View Post
Seems like my slight colour blindness could be a good thing for me after all. Is the colour difference intentional or just a bit of slack quality control?
Intentional. If you have a Giallo Modena colored car, like my 16M, the Giallo Modena calipers match the car paint. However, the shields are a light yellow, and the wheel caps and steering wheel center is a darker yellow.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 05-30-2013, 04:30 PM
Owner
 
16M Down Under's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Intentional. If you have a Giallo Modena colored car, like my 16M, the Giallo Modena calipers match the car paint. However, the shields are a light yellow, and the wheel caps and steering wheel center is a darker yellow.
I love the gallo 16m combo. That would be my favourite. Mine is Rosso Corsa. Just checked the colour of my shields and caps. It's amazing that the learning never stops!

Ferrari - Corsa/Nero 16M Past - 09 F430, 09 Cali
16M Down Under is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 05-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Owner
 
Habsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Monaco
Ferrari Life Posts: 795
Mark taken you medication today? or forgotten it again?

BTW the Cali 30 is a super car enjoy it!

Cars
458 coupe normale, California T, Speciale A, 458 GT3, FF Maserati Ghibli diesel!
on way in 2015: La F, and 488, 2016 488 spider
Habsy is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 AM
Owner
 
Scottish16M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Paul....I think we're going to have to IV Mark his medication AGAIN - LOL

I've driven over 5k miles in my Cali 30 since I bought her 2 months ago & echo Paul's comments, it's a super Ferrari & makes a perfect daily driver. BTW, she also knows how to play when prodded too, so have fun finding out

Huge congrats & hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!!!

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!


Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider

Last edited by Scottish16M; 05-31-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Scottish16M is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 05-31-2013, 10:35 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pacific North West
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
Mark taken you medication today? or forgotten it again?

BTW the Cali 30 is a super car enjoy it!
Just stating the facts, the medication does not allow me to lie.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
markjayw is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale