Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Current V8s: 458, 488, California, Portofino, LaFerrari (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/current-v8s-458-488/)
-   -   New Cali 30 in Philly (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/current-v8s-458-488/21119-new-cali-30-philly.html)

myphillylawyer 05-29-2013 07:42 PM

New Cali 30 in Philly

5 Attachment(s)
So after 3 long weeks between port and delivery she has finally arrived. I will post a few pics that the dealer sent me and I will post more shortly. The Cali was my first Ferrari that I built to my own specs. I think that the chocolate brown and the nero look even better together in-person.

NickBongio 05-30-2013 02:53 AM

Very nice! Enjoy :-)

16M Down Under 05-30-2013 03:42 AM

Congratulations! Beautiful colour scheme. Love how the callipers match the shields. The yellow shield logo is so iconic that IMO CF shields detract. Your Daytona seat combo is the best I have seen and very tastefully displays the style. I have in the past had nero Daytonas and the effect was too muted. What are your feelings towards highlighting those similarly iconic gills with either carbon fibre or metallic as per the original California? I had an 09 Cali and contemplated this but never did it.

markjayw 05-30-2013 08:17 AM

185 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 16M Down Under (Post 250174)
Congratulations! Beautiful colour scheme. Love how the callipers match the shields. The yellow shield logo is so iconic that IMO CF shields detract. Your Daytona seat combo is the best I have seen and very tastefully displays the style. I have in the past had nero Daytonas and the effect was too muted. What are your feelings towards highlighting those similarly iconic gills with either carbon fibre or metallic as per the original California? I had an 09 Cali and contemplated this but never did it.

Just FYI, the wheel caps, shields, and calipers are all different shades of yellow.

16M Down Under 05-30-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markjayw (Post 250200)
Just FYI, the wheel caps, shields, and calipers are all different shades of yellow.

Seems like my slight colour blindness could be a good thing for me after all. Is the colour difference intentional or just a bit of slack quality control?

markjayw 05-30-2013 03:00 PM

185 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 16M Down Under (Post 250244)
Seems like my slight colour blindness could be a good thing for me after all. Is the colour difference intentional or just a bit of slack quality control?

Intentional. If you have a Giallo Modena colored car, like my 16M, the Giallo Modena calipers match the car paint. However, the shields are a light yellow, and the wheel caps and steering wheel center is a darker yellow.

16M Down Under 05-30-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markjayw (Post 250254)
Intentional. If you have a Giallo Modena colored car, like my 16M, the Giallo Modena calipers match the car paint. However, the shields are a light yellow, and the wheel caps and steering wheel center is a darker yellow.

I love the gallo 16m combo. That would be my favourite. Mine is Rosso Corsa. Just checked the colour of my shields and caps. It's amazing that the learning never stops!

Habsy 05-30-2013 11:23 PM

Mark taken you medication today? or forgotten it again? ;)

BTW the Cali 30 is a super car enjoy it!

Scottish16M 05-31-2013 03:27 AM

Paul....I think we're going to have to IV Mark his medication AGAIN - LOL

I've driven over 5k miles in my Cali 30 since I bought her 2 months ago & echo Paul's comments, it's a super Ferrari & makes a perfect daily driver. BTW, she also knows how to play when prodded too, so have fun finding out :D

Huge congrats & hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!!!

markjayw 05-31-2013 10:35 AM

185 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsy (Post 250305)
Mark taken you medication today? or forgotten it again? ;)

BTW the Cali 30 is a super car enjoy it!

Just stating the facts, the medication does not allow me to lie. :thumbsup: