Seats......Ready to order 458 Italia - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Seats......Ready to order 458 Italia

Hi Guys/Gals...

Any opinions on the different seat styles ie Standard, Daytona (which I have in my 430) and the Race seat.

Which is more comfortable?, more support? worth the difference in price?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 27
The Standard and Daytona seats feel exactly the same. Only the center insert is different between them.

I bought Daytona's on my F430 and my 458 coupe. Both felt the same to me. On my 458 spider, I bought Racing seats (large) and I find it remarkably comfortable. I've heard others say the same.

To be honest, I like Racing better and it saves about 50 lbs over the electric Daytona's. The downside is they are not electric (which is fine with me). I also find they are easier to get in and out of, which you would never guess. I think it's the shape of the side supports or that the seat is thinner and goes back farther. I don't hit the inside pouch of the door panel with my foot as much when getting out of Racing seats.

The big downside to the Racing seats is the cost. But, if you buy the full electric Daytona's the difference is really only a few grand. On a car of this price, it's not really significant.

My suggestion is see if you can sit in the racing seats and see if you like them. It doesn't need to be a 458. The exact same seats are in the 430 Scud.

To me the standard seats look quite good. The Daytona's look better but they are pricey. The racing seats look the best but are the most expensive. The best value is probably standard as it's included in the price. If you like the Daytona look, that will cost you about $3500 for the privilege.

Comfort is a matter of personal opinion.

If you get Racing seats, you should look at the Racing Package. It's the only bargain that will save you a few grand of CF driving zone, CF center console, and CF dash. You have to buy the Racing seats to qualify for this package. But, if you like CF, then this is the best way to go.

If you really want to go crazy, you can special order the Daytona insert for the racing seats. Now, you're spending some serious cash for a place to rest your butt.

Here's the racing seats in my spider. Good luck in your selection. They all feel great.
Attached Images

post #3 of 51 Old 09-23-2012, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Hi Mayor-

Thank you very much for your input, it truly helps me in my decision. I was not planning on electric if I ordered with Standard or Daytona as i'm 6'3 and the seats would always be in the full rear position as they are now in my 430. It's good to know about the ease of entry and exit due to my height and with my wife's temporary limited mobility (new knees). I'm not a big CF fan, but this car needs it, as the dash does look cheap in it's native silver paint. Decisions, decisions! Last question, did you go with the nose lift option?

Thank you again for your response!

Stew

post #4 of 51 Old 09-23-2012, 05:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon7x View Post
Hi Mayor-

Thank you very much for your input, it truly helps me in my decision. I was not planning on electric if I ordered with Standard or Daytona as i'm 6'3 and the seats would always be in the full rear position as they are now in my 430. It's good to know about the ease of entry and exit due to my height and with my wife's temporary limited mobility (new knees). I'm not a big CF fan, but this car needs it, as the dash does look cheap in it's native silver paint. Decisions, decisions! Last question, did you go with the nose lift option?

Thank you again for your response!

Stew
Stew at 6'2 the 16M seat lowered my visual sight 3-4 inches making for a much better view which I am sure will equate on the 458 and the depth of the seat is far less offering more leg room.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #5 of 51 Old 09-23-2012, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks Champagne! I think my mind is set then, Racing Seat is the way to go since my height and it is mostly in my torso...

Thanks Again...

Stew
post #6 of 51 Old 09-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Owner

I did not get the nose lift option in either car. If you are worried about speed bumps, don't. This car will easily go over speed bumps.

If you have an unusual parking situation (like a curb you have to get over or a steep angle into your driveway), then you can use the lift. For normal driving, it's not necessary.

If you get the lift, you must also buy the AFS system, which I also did not feel was necessary.

I have found the 458 to be much less susceptible to scraping the nose than the F430. I believe it's because the front wheels are closer to the front of the car and the nose overhangs less because it is more square to the car. The center front of the car seems to stick out less.

BTW: I cannot see ordering a 458 without the CF driving zone with LED's. The tach is useless. This car revs so fast you don't have time to see it. The LED's on the wheel tell you everything you want to know.
post #7 of 51 Old 09-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post

BTW: I cannot see ordering a 458 without the CF driving zone with LED's. The tach is useless. This car revs so fast you don't have time to see it. The LED's on the wheel tell you everything you want to know.

Agree

The LED option is a 10 on the cool factor - great F1 experience.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #8 of 51 Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Racing Seats Period. Also, huge benefit from resale value, as well as the looks, and the weight factor.

2015 458 Speciale', 2014 F12, 2013 458 Rosso Scuderia (To be traded), 2012 MP4-12C, 2010 LP670 SV, 2010 Panamera Turbo, 2009 16M, 2009 Scuderia , 2008 CLK63 Cab., 2002 996 GT2, 1994 RX-7 R2
post #9 of 51 Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks all!
post #10 of 51 Old 09-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Owner

Quote:
Thanks all!
Feel free to share the rest of your spec.

The Mayor's 458 has some things I have never seen - the rear shelf being black vs interior color and the CF on the pillar looks stunning.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Bentayga 69z28 Healey
post #11 of 51 Old 09-25-2012, 02:18 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
Feel free to share the rest of your spec.

The Mayor's 458 has some things I have never seen - the rear shelf being black vs interior color and the CF on the pillar looks stunning.
From my point of opinion on a Red Ferrari, The Mayor specced his to perfection

Eye candy

My Flickr Account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Take pictures for fun
post #12 of 51 Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ok Guys, I'll post my FINAL specs tomorrow......It may be a little plain Jane
post #13 of 51 Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
One thing if you are over 6 foot - there is just no way to get into and out of a 458 with any grace. It is the only thing that irritates me about this wonderful car. It is truly difficult to get out of, as the seat is pretty close to the A-pillar, and there is only a narrow slot between door and roof. If you have a narrow parking space so the door can only open to its first stop, then the opening to put your left foot (LHD vehicle) through is almost at the seat back! Imagine the amount of turning you have to do, just to get 1 foot out the car. And I'm still young enough to be supple. If you're an old fogey, good luck!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #14 of 51 Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
One thing if you are over 6 foot - there is just no way to get into and out of a 458 with any grace. It is the only thing that irritates me about this wonderful car. It is truly difficult to get out of, as the seat is pretty close to the A-pillar, and there is only a narrow slot between door and roof. If you have a narrow parking space so the door can only open to its first stop, then the opening to put your left foot (LHD vehicle) through is almost at the seat back! Imagine the amount of turning you have to do, just to get 1 foot out the car. And I'm still young enough to be supple. If you're an old fogey, good luck!

Onno

Yup, OLD FART here.....and I'm 6'3"....The age I can not due anything about, but I am planning to have 4" taken off my legs. All kidding aside, ty for your input!
post #15 of 51 Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,852
The matching, or just contrasting, stripe on those racing seats looks very nice. Another FLifer from the UK has orange stripes to match his Rosso Dino 458.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #16 of 51 Old 09-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Owner

Quote:
All kidding aside, ty for your input!
Sorry, just venting! LOL!

In the US you usually have less of a problem as you can open your door further, Europe has ridiculous lack of space.

My 458 has lived up to all the dreams I could have had, so I'm sure yours will be wonderful too. Enjoy the new baby when it arrives!!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

330GTC
post #17 of 51 Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,317
I just drove a 458 (Spider) for the first time last week. It felt like it was custom fit to my size, butI'm 5'6".
It had standard seats that hugged me just like Celeste does!

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #18 of 51 Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
I just drove a 458 (Spider) for the first time last week. It felt like it was custom fit to my size, butI'm 5'6".
It had standard seats that hugged me just like Celeste does!
Once you're in, I find the 458 extremely comfortable. I did two 600 mile drives last weekend, and came out fresh as a daisy both times. These race seats are awesome!

Onno

330GTC
post #19 of 51 Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ok....here are the specs...

Giallo Modena Coupe
Racing Seats(Black)
Yellow stitching
Ferrari Shields
Giallo Modena Brake Calipers
20" Forged Sport Wheels with Diamond Finish
Carbon Fiber Sports Pkg
Tach yellow
Leather Headliner
Electrochromatic Rearview Mirror & Home Link
Ipod Installation
HIFI Premium Sound
Satellite Radio
Cruise Control
post #20 of 51 Old 09-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Owner

Great spec. If it were me, I'd get the back up sensors. One bump in that bumper will cost you a whole lot more than the sensors.

I like the look of the diamond wheels but keep in mind if you chip the edge or scratch one, you have to have it machined out. You can't just fill and paint them as you can painted wheels.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode