aventador vs. ferraris - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 183
aventador vs. ferraris

I dont have the cool US$1 mill for it locally but god was cool this weekend.

In a word, it sucks so bad

its up there with a CGTs in looks, again i think its about the best looking car out there, period. especially in bright white. the side profile and the rear is just awesome. i think i have pretty cars but after seeing this sh!t many times, it still makes me speechless.
compared the driving and handling with any modern ferrari or gt porsches is useless, the thing suck so bad!! i have never driven a car that suck this much.
the steering which im always in corsa is fxcking heavy, the throttle is not minute accurate like what i have, every push creates a different output than last time, not progressive at all. When u go to redline, the steering suddenly twitches as if to say u are losing grip and it grips back again with 4wd. the ride is bouncy and extremely uncomfortable compared to fcars. the transmission is the worst in da world, makes my worst shifting e60 M5 feel like a double clutch. every shift is different, sometimes brutal, sometimes the whole car leap forward, sometimes it lags, and other times it bogs, all in corsa mode??!! Consistency, it is NOT.

Its a complete JOKE after any ferrari, BUT I LOVE THIS [email protected]!!!!!

Because it is so inconsistent, and so unpredictable, u are always wired up when driving this sh!t, it makes u get involved in a totally different way then GTs or fcars, u BATTLE with the car! not the road, it makes my arms sore carving my home track, and its no where as fast as any other car when doing so, but it gives u a work out so good, its like playing a losing basketball game with Kobe, ur losing badly, but hey, u playing with Kobe. and Kobe will even teach u how to score with hotel clerks which has nothing to do with playing ball that kind of feeling.

Driving a ferrari is like the early Linsanity scoring 30 points every game, amazingly and shockingly good and consistent.

This big bull performs so bad in every possible way, but because it looks so good and with such great numbers on paper, u constantly WANT to make it perform better! So u drive and drive and drive, correcting ur technique and cope with the queer inconsistencies of the car, trying to make it go faster and smoother all the way to ur destination. and once i got there......, WOW! what a car! what a piece of sh!T, but how much i love it!! i wanna continue to do battle with it for as long as i can!

While a ferrari gives u schumacher performance and accuracy every time, its actually, dare i say it, boring , compared to the pos aventador.
like linsanity, once the hype dies down and ur used to the perfection of the 458, u long for the next big and exciting thing.

For the aventador, i give it a big two thumbs up because it is so bad. may mean bad ass, but no, it is really bad, they could of just made it like a 458 which is perfect, but some how im glad they didn't. they created something that i want to keep driving until some one pry the keys away from my hands.

u cant say that about my 458.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
you just described what an exotic car is supposed to be. Brutish, uncomfortable, blazingly fast, scary to drive and absolutely gorgeous. Congrats to lambo for keeping the flame burning. Now if you really want a workout and a scare, go drive their countach!

always loved lambos too. hope they keep them exotic.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 16 Old 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,021
Best reality show write up ever!

John you crack me up - keep em coming.

Amazingly well written especially considering you have the craziest of all vehicle in the CGT.

FF 16M Speciale
Lamborghini SV Roadster
Carrera GT GT3RS Viper ACR
Bentayga 69z28 Healey

post #4 of 16 Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 470
again, the car sucks so bad that you love it?

Porsche owner, aka "fat cab"
post #5 of 16 Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Owner
Elite Member

post #6 of 16 Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
If I want bad technology, I"ll just drive an old Ferrari. For me, this just doesn't fly anymore. I will bet my last dollar that you will have crazy bills with this machine, if the gear change is inconsistent it means that things are not lining up properly which at 700bhp is not a good idea.

But having said that, I loved the write-up and I love the passion. I love the Aventador and I love the support for it. The world's a better place for people choosing with their hearts, and it is good to know that Audi haven't eliminated the Sant'Agata spirit. Apparently it is still a Lambo.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
post #7 of 16 Old 04-09-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Owner

yep.

u never had a car that sucks so bad that u love it ? like an old Alfa, old Porsche turbo, or a underpowered miata??
the aventador is like a living beast that u need to jerk the leesh HARD to make it go and do what u desired.
I drove my 612 to the office right after raging the bull in the mountains today and my 612 felt like a Camry. all the stupid 612 gear jerkiness disappeared after driving the aventador.
I never felt my 612 was smooth and unexciting until this mofo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
again, the car sucks so bad that you love it?
post #8 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Owner

i recently driven a 512TR in almost brand new condition with no miles. it had no power anything, it sucked so bad i dont know why i put posters of it on my wall when i was a kid.

the aventador is much better than that or the countach if i can imagine.
if exotic = suck, then that would make sense, but i always thought exotic means awesome and unobtainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
Now if you really want a workout and a scare, go drive their countach!
post #9 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Owner
Elite Member

. my 1965 fiat 500 is probably one of the worst designed, uncomfortable, dangerous, poorly built, slow and technology free cars i have ever owned. It's also one of my favorites and i love driving it. It is also quite exotic around here. you can keep the camry-esque 612.

maybe i like a little drama in my car relationships?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #10 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
I drove an Aventador in Las Vegas. Has tons of grip, but it is extremely heavy. The transmission is garbage. I didn't have it in Corsa mode, but in Sport mode I was not impressed. Give a 458 600 hp and you will have basically the same power to weight. I would take my incoming 458, even my Scuderia over the Aventador. The interior is also pretty cheap for a 425k car, no carbon fiber anywhere. The exhaust sound is also not very impressive at all, compared to the 670SV.
post #11 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 406
It looks good. You can see this coming straight from a mid 70s Countach before all the ugly bits got added in the late 80's. Hopefully they get the shifting sorted.

Last edited by JayG; 04-10-2012 at 09:26 AM.
post #12 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjayw View Post
Give a 458 600 hp and you will have basically the same power to weight.
Well, it's almost got that amount of power out of the box....

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

330GTC
post #13 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Lambo

wow, i was in complete envy after reading the post and checking out all those great cars,,im with the Lambo owner,,a car with character and which does not drive itself, a car that you have to teach yourself to drive and then to learn how to drive around its shortcomings , and become quick . And if i could afford a V12 Lambo , along with whatever Ferraris im burning for , i would ,I really like the Murcielago , although the new Lambo looks pretty good, im not sure i like the stealth fighter aircraft look on an Italian supercar, or any car for that matter .Having to hustle a car with all your strength and ability in order to carve up a twisty road,,sounds like Heaven for me . Thats why i love my car,,because its pure , raw , and absolutely fun to drive. Good luck PS what is a CGT !!
post #14 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 386
I think the Aventador looks great, and I'm supposed to be babysitting one next month. But the Koenigsegg just owns that lineup (in my humble opinion). Also, your CGT looks amazing.

I need an Aventador!
post #15 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca brazzi View Post
PS what is a CGT !!
Porsche Carrera GT.

Onno

330GTC
post #16 of 16 Old 04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyO View Post
Well, it's almost got that amount of power out of the box....

Onno
Still 38 hp short, and it also depends on how you spec your car to keep the weight down.
That's why the MP4-12C smokes it in a drag race.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode