Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/)
-   Community Help Section (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/community-help-section/)
-   -   help with a Ferrari Life parts ad scam (https://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/community-help-section/44378-help-ferrari-life-parts.html)

Classic Ferrari parts 04-06-2015 06:52 PM

help with a Ferrari Life parts ad scam

I have seen an F40 toolkit on sale on the buy & sell parts section of this website.

I have had several back and fourth emails and photos from Alam Diko a member of this website.

I have sent money to this guys bank account to purchase the advertised F40 toolkit and since I sent the money the guy disappeared in thin air.
No more replies.

I am asking help from the owners of this website and warning all members to beware of this guy from Indonesia.

His bank account details are the following so if he askes you to transfer money beware and I suggest you do not

Here is his details:

You can transfer the payment to bank info below :
Account Holder : ARIO RISWAN
Account Number : 6540164418
Bank Name : Bank Central Asia (BCA)
Swift Code : CENAIDJA
Bank Branch : TANAH ABANG 2
Bank Address : KCP Jkt TANAH ABANG INDONESIA

Best Regards
Diko Alam

his email is: [email protected]

If anyone can help please write on this thread.

Thank you in advance

JazzyO 04-06-2015 10:48 PM

If your situation is true, then I feel for you. I understand that you want to warn people for falling into the same trap, and that is a noble gesture.

However, I do not believe that posting someone's bank account details is EVER correct, and I really doubt the legality of your post. You could be sued quite easily for slander and breaching the privacy act, I believe.

Morally, it is even worse: you have not stated your own name. So we are just to believe some anonymous poster who says something about someone else?

I propose that you contact a moderator and discuss with him how best to send out this warning. And in the meantime I would advise you to change your post.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

wetpet 04-07-2015 05:35 AM

1280 Attachment(s)
moved to appropriate forum. I would recommend contacting the site admins directly at the bottom of the front page.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Classic Ferrari parts 04-07-2015 08:45 AM

Thank you for your replies ,but the persons bank details are posted so if someone else is asked to send money to this person they will not fall for it

wetpet 04-07-2015 10:41 AM

1280 Attachment(s)
i don't want to sound like a jerk ;), but i doubt anyone else is going to wire funds into an anonymous Indonesian account without the product in hand.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

cribbj 04-07-2015 12:00 PM

In doing a little IP probing, Mr. Alam or Riswan's IP address appears to be originating from a server in Medan city, which is in northern Sumatra, across the Malacca Strait and about 200km from Kuala Lumpur, if you happen to have any friends in that area.

The Medan area has about 5 million inhabitants, so it might be tough to find him.

Hope you're not out "too" much.

ferrariadmin 04-07-2015 12:23 PM

Hi there,

Thats unfortunate, however, it's always a risk when you are buying/selling from a private seller.

What was this guys user name? Nothing came up under Alam Diko. If you used a credit card or paypal, make sure you file a dispute if you can.

Hope you can get things worked out,

-Marie
community support

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic Ferrari parts (Post 608258)
I have seen an F40 toolkit on sale on the buy & sell parts section of this website.

I have had several back and fourth emails and photos from Alam Diko a member of this website.

I have sent money to this guys bank account to purchase the advertised F40 toolkit and since I sent the money the guy disappeared in thin air.
No more replies.

I am asking help from the owners of this website and warning all members to beware of this guy from Indonesia.

His bank account details are the following so if he askes you to transfer money beware and I suggest you do not

Here is his details:

You can transfer the payment to bank info below :
Account Holder : ARIO RISWAN
Account Number : 6540164418
Bank Name : Bank Central Asia (BCA)
Swift Code : CENAIDJA
Bank Branch : TANAH ABANG 2
Bank Address : KCP Jkt TANAH ABANG INDONESIA

Best Regards
Diko Alam

his email is: [email protected]

If anyone can help please write on this thread.

Thank you in advance

Classic Ferrari parts 04-09-2015 04:48 PM

the person was selling an F40 toolkit on the classified section on this website . it was 6-7 weeks ago

Classic Ferrari parts 04-09-2015 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wetpet (Post 608874)
i don't want to sound like a jerk ;), but i doubt anyone else is going to wire funds into an anonymous Indonesian account without the product in hand.

well I trusted this person cause he sent emails back and fourth many times I also asked for photos and he did do another photo with all the tools spread out.

I sent the funds trusting the users on this website to be legit

tazandjan 04-09-2015 06:50 PM

It is still just the internet.

360 Modena 04-10-2015 09:40 AM

1358 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wetpet (Post 608874)

COD or credit card or PayPal is the way to go.

[email protected] 04-28-2015 02:56 AM

I had the same experience with him, see my thread tool kit under Ferrari 365 (December 2014). Unfortunately, neither the editors of this webpage nor the police in Indonesia was very helpful. I really do not understand that the editors of this webpage still let him have an account and advertise.
Regards
Uba.

cribbj 04-28-2015 07:41 AM

Sorry Uba, while I sympathise with you & Classic Ferrari Parts, there is no possible way to vet members for their honesty when they join this or any other forum.

Think of this forum as a public bar with a bouncer sitting in the corner. Everyone is welcome to come in and join public conversations in the threads, or private conversations by using the PM function. The bouncer is there only to keep people from getting too rowdy and misbehaving while in the bar.

The bouncer can only see what's happening in the main bar room - if people misbehave, he'll step in & try to calm things down. If that doesn't work, he'll throw the misbehavers out temporarily, or possibly permanently. But he can't see or hear what happens between two indviduals in a private conversation.

If someone approaches the bouncer and says he was cheated by someone else in the bar room, in a private transaction, what's the bouncer to do? His job is only to ensure people "behave" in the bar, not to police transactions that people make privately.

Since a second user (with a completely different IP address from the first) has now come forward and complained about this person, I've now banned Mr. Alam from the site, and we'll ensure he doesn't re-register under a different user name.

For everyone's information, Mr. Alam's IP address on our website is/was: 202.67.44.27, and if you do a simple "whois" lookup, you can find the details of his ISP and its location. Perhaps this can help you in your recovery efforts.

People have been buying and selling on the Internet for nearly 15 years, but apparently some still don't understand that you should NEVER wire money, nor use Western Union, Moneygram, or any of the other payment methods where there is no recourse for the Buyer. If a Seller requires that type of payment, it should set off all the usual warning bells to you.

If a transaction is too large to use PayPal or a credit card, then you should consider using an escrow agent.

Mr. Diko Alam is now history on this site, and this thread is now closed.