Ferrari chat a joke - Ferrari Life
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 Old 04-03-2010, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ONTARIO
Ferrari Life Posts: 768
Ferrari chat a joke

on ferrari chat some asked about better shifting program on a 355 . i gave a guy a reply thread on who to talk to . ferrari chat decide to remove my advise. that sight is a real joke. ferrari chat can go and f..... themselves. most of the guys do not even own a ferrari. what a joke.
ALEX A is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 Old 04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Owner
 
GearHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Ferrari Life Posts: 79
Alex A., we can all relate to your pain over on Fchat... FerrariLife is a much better home for those who actually know their stuff and don't want the headaches from some of those users and the folks on that site. We are glad to have you posting here and you don't need to worry that your posts will be censored! Thanks for sharing.

Previously owned:
1982 308 GTSi; red/tan
1983 308 GTSi QV; red/tan
1997 F355 Spider; 6-speed; red/tan
2006 F430 coupe; 6-speed; red/tan
GearHead is offline  
post #3 of 36 Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Sorry to hear that Alex: Welcome here.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 Old 04-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
wetpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chevy Chase, Md
Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
agree completely alex. but who said you could start a fchat bashing thread outside the mid-atlantic forum?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
wetpet is offline  
post #5 of 36 Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Owner
 
barcheta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
agree completely alex. but who said you could start a fchat bashing thread outside the mid-atlantic forum?
I was wondering if you were gonna add your two cents.....

As others have said Welcome.... no pretentious BS over here.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
barcheta is offline  
post #6 of 36 Old 04-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
Pete04222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: USA & Singapore
Ferrari Life Posts: 5,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead View Post
Alex A., we can all relate to your pain over on Fchat... FerrariLife is a much better home for those who actually know their stuff and don't want the headaches from some of those users and the folks on that site. We are glad to have you posting here and you don't need to worry that your posts will be censored! Thanks for sharing.
I agree. I was on F-Chat when I first got my Ferrari and I met some good people there and got some good information. But I haven't been over there for years and years because I just got tired of sifting through all the petty bullshit trying to find the answer to a question. You ask a question about a tire and 5 pages later someone wants somebody else to die and I'm still like, "Well, what about the tire?"

Capt. Pete
'79 308 GTS, '82 Jeep CJ7 Jamboree
"Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once."
Pete04222 is offline  
post #7 of 36 Old 04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
wetpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chevy Chase, Md
Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
I was wondering if you were gonna add your two cents.....
as you request...RLCSMD!



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
wetpet is offline  
post #8 of 36 Old 04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Owner
 
GearHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Ferrari Life Posts: 79
The fact that this very thread, (on this potentially incendiary topic - as we've seen in the past on the other site), is a respectful conversation and that says a lot about the quality of the users on this site.

Sure, tongue in cheek, we may poke and prod at FChat, but there isn't an unprofessional and immature gonzo thread already 100 comments deep that pile drive anyone and everyone with junior-high-style personal attacks or foaming-at-the-mouth threats of slander.

It is the quality of the users on this site and their respect of this community that makes FerrariLife a great forum. I am proud to have made the switch here myself a couple years back. We are here posting b/c we have something relevant to the topic to say.

I realize I am preaching to the choir. I will shut up now.

Previously owned:
1982 308 GTSi; red/tan
1983 308 GTSi QV; red/tan
1997 F355 Spider; 6-speed; red/tan
2006 F430 coupe; 6-speed; red/tan
GearHead is offline  
post #9 of 36 Old 04-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Owner
 
barcheta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
funny thing about ferrari chat is that even though I loved some of the comraderie within the 308 and mid-atlantic sections I never really felt like part of a community. It's much more welcoming here. For example, I would definitely think twice about posting in the Florida community or even the Canadian... and forget about the politics and religion section. The Fchat site as a whole seems to breed conflict.... I guess part of it is the large number of non owners diluting what the site is suppose to be about or owners that are more interested in being elitist pricks then enthusiasts with a common passion.... There is more non-ferrari related stuff there then not.... not so on this site. It's well managed. Trolls don't seen to have a fan base.... and most importantly it's supported by ACTUAL owners. What a concept.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
barcheta is offline  
post #10 of 36 Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Owner
 
355dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: MAR
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,132
^^ Right on JB. I know most here aren't subscribed there anymore, but the silver section over there has completely gone to poo. Granted, there are a few interesting post and some good content, but 90% of it is just babble from the same 10 or so folks kissing up to each other.

I must admit however, I still spend a lot of time of Fchat and post there often. It is a shame that the mods have played so many games that have turned away so many good posters.

As Ed mentions, the more people add content to this site, the better it will grow and we can all spend more time here. Just remember Andrew, don't change what you have created!
355dreamer is offline  
post #11 of 36 Old 04-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Administrator
Elite Member
 
Andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francisco
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355dreamer View Post
Just remember Andrew, don't change what you have created!
Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep taking my meds (inside joke for those that get it) to keep on my best behavior and not change things.

All kidding aside, it's a group effort and I appreciate everyone who contributes here and makes it a great place for owners. In the end it's your site and community, I just keep the lights on for you.
Andrew is offline  
post #12 of 36 Old 04-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
wetpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chevy Chase, Md
Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
In the end it's your site and community, I just keep the lights on for you.

I know rob reads every post on this site so i hope he gets that sentence. He will find out one way or the other anyway.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
wetpet is offline  
post #13 of 36 Old 04-11-2010, 05:17 PM
355
Owner
 
355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 85
F-Shat is really funny. I go back and read and it just amazes me the BS that is spewed there. You guys are right about so many non-owners posting there. They keep talking about the prices coming lower so they can afford one. Many of those cheapos wouldnt buy a Ferrari if they were selling for a song. They only procrastinate about buying one.....and maintanance....well that would be an after thought. The F1 section over there is interesting as it is moded by a guy who is so full of himself and Alonso that anyone who goes constantly against him gets banned. He wins all the time. As for what Alex was saying above about the Canadian section....well that moderator is a joke as well as he has his inner circle of friends(very small and not very knowledgable) and they can say what they want and the rest have to follow or have their posts removed and or banned. Anyway enough of the F-Shat stuff.

Back to Alex who started this thread....his place up here in Toronto is the source of much knowledge and great work on our Ferraris. Very similar to Dave Helms place in Boulder CO. If anyone has any questions just ask these guys. The Chip tuning of the F-cars that Alex is having done out of Italy is next to none and when your car gets one of these, it runs the way it should because the guys that do the custom chipping of these cars are the same guys that map the original main brains for the Factory. Thats just one of the great things being done up at Daytona in Toronto....The recent additiong of a Ferrari F1 technician (Massimo Conti) is simply out of this world.....This guy has the answers to any question we have about our cars.
Thats him below with Mike after winning one of the many WDC.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by 355; 04-11-2010 at 05:25 PM.
355 is offline  
post #14 of 36 Old 04-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
I can see and almost smell love in the air from that pic. Seriously, that is fantastic to have someone so capable to depend on. Thanx w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is online now  
post #15 of 36 Old 10-18-2010, 07:54 PM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto & Estoril
Ferrari Life Posts: 19
355, when I got word on fchat that you guys were talking about us it didnt surprise me to see you. I have watched you get banned and banned and have always watched from the side lines. Never once did I step on your shoes. Or even say anything about you on a public thread. Now I ask, who are you to judge me about who I have in my circle of friends? Who are you to bash me because I dont own a Ferrari? (Not sure why it states owner under my username) Can you explain? Better yet why dont you just message me if you have a problem? Email me a phone number or ask for mine so we can chat. I have never done anything to you so I suggest you talk to me before calling me a "joke" on a public forum.

And Alex, I am surprised you have a problem with me. You know very well that you and I had an understanding. (Check your PM'S for a reminder) I always was very pleasant with you. I would always email you warning you that you have crossed the line by advertisng Daytona. I personally have no problem, but because I am a mod there and therefore just doing my job. You understood, you appologised and moved on. Do you not remember?

If you guys have an issue, just message me. I may not get it here because I rarely go on any forums other than fchat.

Hope you guys are all well over here. Sorry for my rant but I had to speak up. In all my 6 years on the ferrari forums this is the first issue I ever had. Pretty sad. I have lurked here for a couple of years and was well received the minute i signed on. So I have no dog in this fight. Just wanted to clear my name here.

Franco, I hope to hear from you one day regarding this.

Best,

Last edited by classicferrari; 10-18-2010 at 08:21 PM.
classicferrari is offline  
post #16 of 36 Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 AM
355
Owner
 
355's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Ferrari Life Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicferrari View Post
355, when I got word on fchat that you guys were talking about us it didnt surprise me to see you. I have watched you get banned and banned and have always watched from the side lines. Never once did I step on your shoes. Or even say anything about you on a public thread. Now I ask, who are you to judge me about who I have in my circle of friends? Who are you to bash me because I dont own a Ferrari? (Not sure why it states owner under my username) Can you explain? Better yet why dont you just message me if you have a problem? Email me a phone number or ask for mine so we can chat. I have never done anything to you so I suggest you talk to me before calling me a "joke" on a public forum.

And Alex, I am surprised you have a problem with me. You know very well that you and I had an understanding. (Check your PM'S for a reminder) I always was very pleasant with you. I would always email you warning you that you have crossed the line by advertisng Daytona. I personally have no problem, but because I am a mod there and therefore just doing my job. You understood, you appologised and moved on. Do you not remember?

If you guys have an issue, just message me. I may not get it here because I rarely go on any forums other than fchat.

Hope you guys are all well over here. Sorry for my rant but I had to speak up. In all my 6 years on the ferrari forums this is the first issue I ever had. Pretty sad. I have lurked here for a couple of years and was well received the minute i signed on. So I have no dog in this fight. Just wanted to clear my name here.

Franco, I hope to hear from you one day regarding this.

Best,
The reason why I was banned my friend is because one cannot say what he wants to on F-chat. Try reading the politics and religion area and you will soon see that one cannot say anything contrary to most AMERICAN idiology. Then came the Dave Helms caper. I and many others were behind him all the way but I got banned because I spoke my mind against the little nazi Rob Lay. Its very easy to see that the major mods have been hand picked over there and are all part of Robs luftwaffa. The only reason F-chat survives is because it was first off the line. Its too bad its being run by a swollen head.
Now getting to you. You play your favourites and its obvious. Non-sponsors cant say much about their business and you have always chastised Alex for even coming close to mentioning Daytona. You constantly let James Simson run his business of selling and importing cars and yet you say nothing to him. Its funny because James, you and 2 other idiots on the Canadian section never get out to any of the drives and more importantly the Charity fund raisers. You would think that someone in your position would get out and mingle with the Ferrari crowd not just a few 3x8 owners. James shoots his mouth off but yet the only people who see him are the ones he drums up business from on Fchat. Do you not wonder why James spends so much time on F-chat and dosnt even own a Ferrari? Try dropping by Daytona some time and see what your missing. They are by far the best place for an F-car owner to take their car and also a great place to meet others and talk about their cars. Thats what the Ferrari community is all about. You guys at F-chat make it so political.
355 is offline  
post #17 of 36 Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto & Estoril
Ferrari Life Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355 View Post
The reason why I was banned my friend is because one cannot say what he wants to on F-chat. Try reading the politics and religion area and you will soon see that one cannot say anything contrary to most AMERICAN idiology. Then came the Dave Helms caper. I and many others were behind him all the way but I got banned because I spoke my mind against the little nazi Rob Lay. Its very easy to see that the major mods have been hand picked over there and are all part of Robs luftwaffa. The only reason F-chat survives is because it was first off the line. Its too bad its being run by a swollen head.
Now getting to you. You play your favourites and its obvious. Non-sponsors cant say much about their business and you have always chastised Alex for even coming close to mentioning Daytona. You constantly let James Simson run his business of selling and importing cars and yet you say nothing to him. Its funny because James, you and 2 other idiots on the Canadian section never get out to any of the drives and more importantly the Charity fund raisers. You would think that someone in your position would get out and mingle with the Ferrari crowd not just a few 3x8 owners. James shoots his mouth off but yet the only people who see him are the ones he drums up business from on Fchat. Do you not wonder why James spends so much time on F-chat and dosnt even own a Ferrari? Try dropping by Daytona some time and see what your missing. They are by far the best place for an F-car owner to take their car and also a great place to meet others and talk about their cars. Thats what the Ferrari community is all about. You guys at F-chat make it so political.
Ok, i'll bite...

How do you know I havent said anything to James? Can you prove that for sure? Yes, alot has slipped (just like with daytona promotions) but I have warned James and he knows it. Just ask him

Secondly, you can ask Alex. I have asked him to keep it to a minimum also and he knows it. Ive left alot of Daytona promo there. Just ask him. Ask him to show you our PM's to each other. Besides, have you not seen on Fchat that I praised the 3 shops other also praised?! Daytona being one!!! Check it...it's there! I know you are banned but I figured you re-registered just like you did two or thee times. (Not sure why since you dont like fchat)

Thirdly, I dont go on any drives because I dont have anything worth drivng. I am an enthusiast and hope to have something one day. The guys who go know it because may have offered to take me. I simply pass. Silly, old school way of thinking? Possibly..but I aint perfect. Before you bought your 355 would you like it if people bashed you for not being a owner? Even if I do hang out with 308 owners as you say. Why are you bashing them too all in once sentence? Please answer me.

As for the Charity events... I was at Adrians event once. Yes I could have gone more but couldnt. Sue me.

I will give you one thing, getting together and having a good time at events/shops and such are the way too be. However, there arealways those certain owners that ruin it for others because their nose is stuck somewhere.

And staying out of politics? Oh trust me...I know this because I have never had any issues online or even offline until i read your post.

Last but not least. Why in the world are you calling me an idiot? This boggles me.

Last edited by classicferrari; 10-19-2010 at 11:07 AM.
classicferrari is offline  
post #18 of 36 Old 10-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Owner
 
redtrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Great Falls, VA
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
With all due respect, can you 2 (355 and classicferari) please resolve what appears to be a personal issue offline?

BTW - I had no idea who 355 was talking about until that person identiifed himself. Makes one wonder, why?
redtrman is offline  
post #19 of 36 Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Owner
 
redtrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Great Falls, VA
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
agree completely alex. but who said you could start a fchat bashing thread outside the mid-atlantic forum?
Yes, what's up with that? Suggestion, WetPet revive his male bonding bashing in the mid-atlantic forum.
redtrman is offline  
post #20 of 36 Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Owner
 
Granucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: far and away
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrman View Post
With all due respect, can you 2 (355 and classicferari) please resolve what appears to be a personal issue offline?

BTW - I had no idea who 355 was talking about until that person identiifed himself. Makes one wonder, why?

+1 : Where the heck did all this come up after several months, especially, of a dog sleeping?

no one has any idea what the background is, and honestly on FL don't care.

If you have a car related post, that has some worth, do that.

back to our program.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !


Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
Granucci is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale