Boxer Owners List - Page 4 - Ferrari Life
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 127 Old 12-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Very pretty. Always did love Boxers. Having the power of an F512M does not hurt, either.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 127 Old 12-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Ferrari Life Posts: 2
I've been wanting a 512bb for 20 yeaars and finally, just bought one. Having it shipped up to NY this week. Vin 29943. I'll post some pics as soon as i take possesion.

Bill
gtu935 is offline  
post #63 of 127 Old 12-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Owner
 
Italian Lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Far end of the P pond
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtu935 View Post
I've been wanting a 512bb for 20 yeaars and finally, just bought one. Having it shipped up to NY this week. Vin 29943. I'll post some pics as soon as i take possesion.

Bill
Welcome to FL, Bill ...and well done. Must be exciting times ! Looking forward to your comments and pics. w/ smiles Jimmy
Italian Lover is online now  
 
post #64 of 127 Old 12-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Bill- Welcome and we look forward to photos. Introduce yourself in the member intro section below and Andrew can get you signed up as an owner.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #65 of 127 Old 12-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aix-en-Provence (FRANCE)
Ferrari Life Posts: 26
Any of you knows sth about 1979' 30251 ?

It's mentionned Grigio ferro and in the USA, while a guy down there just bought it in yellow, fitted w/ an 81' steering wheel, a BB365 rev-counter, a 300km/h tacho (where does it come from, it's all red), an umproper re-made leather on the dashboard and many other bizarre things...
Danny Wilde is offline  
post #66 of 127 Old 12-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtu935 View Post
I've been wanting a 512bb for 20 yeaars and finally, just bought one. Having it shipped up to NY this week. Vin 29943. I'll post some pics as soon as i take possesion.

Bill
Bill, Congratulations and welcome to FerrariLife. Do you know the history on your BB?
Boxer is offline  
post #67 of 127 Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 AM
Owner
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Singapore & Malaysia
Ferrari Life Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdipower View Post
This is my 79 512BB. Originally imported by Chinetti for a client in Connecticut
I am the 5th owner. It will be sent to Rocco for new interior in the next few weeks. The motor is completely rebuilt including the valve springs, seats and cams, pistons and on and on.
Dyno numbers are 446 at the flywheel.
My lord! She looks virgin, you should drive her

Congrats mate. Yellow is lovely.

Btw, do you guys know if the black lower paint should be gloss or matt? Mine's gloss, am thinking if I should correct it?
SFchallenge is offline  
post #68 of 127 Old 12-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Ferrari Life Posts: 2
I posted that I had purchased a Boxer...Before the deal was finalized I backed out. This one wasn't everything I thought. Looking at another one hopefully on Tuesday.
Wish me luck.
gtu935 is offline  
post #69 of 127 Old 12-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtu935 View Post
I posted that I had purchased a Boxer...Before the deal was finalized I backed out. This one wasn't everything I thought. Looking at another one hopefully on Tuesday.
Wish me luck.
Much better to back away then end up buying a Ferrari that has a ton of unpleasant surprises. Good call.
Boxer is offline  
post #70 of 127 Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Owner
 
Vitalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Today I have become the proud, thrilled, disbelieving etc etc owner of the mythical 365BB. #18431 was delivered new to Milan in 1975 I believe and then spent time in the US before moving to The Netherlands circa July 1988. My brilliant specialist in The Netherlands will spend many months to bring her back to life for me after her long sleep for almost 20 years. The plan is to drive her far and fast, particularly on the epic FLEDs.
I salute Onno for waiting since September 2011 when we shook hands for us to close this deal. Onno trusted me and is a man of his word. A true gentleman. I could not have done it without you my friend!
Attached Images
       

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
Vitalone is offline  
post #71 of 127 Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
David- Congratulations, she is a beauty and has a great history.

Do you still have your 308 or is she gone?

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is online now  
post #72 of 127 Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Owner
 
Vitalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Thanks Tazandjan, I am thrilled! I am delighted to say that I have a found a wonderful home for the Michelone. I could not ask for better!

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
Vitalone is offline  
post #73 of 127 Old 07-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Owner
 
JazzyO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Ferrari Life Posts: 6,392
It was a pleasure David. I've resurrected the 18431 thread for you take up the baton!


Onno



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Future: No idea
Present: 458 Italia, 550 Maranello
Past: 365BB x 2,
330GTC
JazzyO is offline  
post #74 of 127 Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Owner
 
amanderu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: UK
Ferrari Life Posts: 562
Congratulations, David! Look forward to seeing your 365BB in the future FLEDs...

Gus

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
amanderu is offline  
post #75 of 127 Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Owner
 
Vitalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Thanks Gus! Who knows she may even be ready for the next FLED, although I've told my specialist to take his time to bring her back to top mechanical condition.
Attached Images
   

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
Vitalone is offline  
post #76 of 127 Old 07-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalone View Post
Today I have become the proud, thrilled, disbelieving etc etc owner of the mythical 365BB. #18431 was delivered new to Milan in 1975 I believe and then spent time in the US before moving to The Netherlands circa July 1988. My brilliant specialist in The Netherlands will spend many months to bring her back to life for me after her long sleep for almost 20 years. The plan is to drive her far and fast, particularly on the epic FLEDs.
I salute Onno for waiting since September 2011 when we shook hands for us to close this deal. Onno trusted me and is a man of his word. A true gentleman. I could not have done it without you my friend!
Wonderful and congratulations. Look forward to seeing 18431 next spring.
Boxer is offline  
post #77 of 127 Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Owner
 
Vitalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Wonderful and congratulations. Look forward to seeing 18431 next spring.
Thank you Boxer, you also played a big role in helping me to realise my 365BB dream. The 308GTB I bought from you brought me back into Ferrari ownership after 8 years. I had long been intrigued by the 308 GTB vetroresina but regarded 308's generally as a bit soft. How wrong I was! When I met you, saw your fantastic stable and understood that you clearly liked this 308, I figured if this 308 was good enough for you, it would be good enough for me. We did a fair deal and you waited for me while I raised the funds, a man of your word, a true gentleman! This 308 exceeded all expectations and it was so rewarding to bring her back to life as the Michalone (Michelotto Tributo Group 4 stradale to give her, her full name). We enjoyed a fantastic 20,000km and most of the FLEDs to date together. The only reason for finding a good home for her is to bring 365BB #18431 back to life and to then enjoy many fast drives together much like I did with the Michalone.

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
Vitalone is offline  
post #78 of 127 Old 07-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member
 
Boxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: UK & Texas
Ferrari Life Posts: 15,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalone View Post
Thank you Boxer, you also played a big role in helping me to realise my 365BB dream. The 308GTB I bought from you brought me back into Ferrari ownership after 8 years. I had long been intrigued by the 308 GTB vetroresina but regarded 308's generally as a bit soft. How wrong I was! When I met you, saw your fantastic stable and understood that you clearly liked this 308, I figured if this 308 was good enough for you, it would be good enough for me. We did a fair deal and you waited for me while I raised the funds, a man of your word, a true gentleman! This 308 exceeded all expectations and it was so rewarding to bring her back to life as the Michalone (Michelotto Tributo Group 4 stradale to give her, her full name). We enjoyed a fantastic 20,000km and most of the FLEDs to date together. The only reason for finding a good home for her is to bring 365BB #18431 back to life and to then enjoy many fast drives together much like I did with the Michalone.
Will the 365 BB be restored and developed as a NARTalone LM Tributo?
Boxer is offline  
post #79 of 127 Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Owner
 
Scottish16M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Europe
Ferrari Life Posts: 2,201
Congratulations David, a perfect result for both you & Onno. I look forward to reading all about your restoration and to seeing her looking resplendent on a future FLED.

I'll bet anything that you cant stop smiling, enjoy the moment!

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today's a gift.....enjoy every minute!


Current: California 30 Handling Speciale.
Past: FF, 458 Speciale, California 30, 599HGTE, Scuderia Spider 16M, California, F430 Spider
Scottish16M is offline  
post #80 of 127 Old 07-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Owner
 
Vitalone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
Will the 365 BB be restored and developed as a NARTalone LM Tributo?
#18431 is so original with a a good body and chassis, and an interior that is a timewarp back to 1975 as befits a 42,000km car. The fun will be to keep her to original 1975 BB spec while bringing her back to life to be a fast, fun and reliable Ferrari. To be exercised regularly. I need to find out if redoing her rims in gold would be period correct...

David

Current: 365BB, 550 bluebird and a few 911's
Past: 246gt, 512BB, 308 GTB "Michalone" and a few 911's
Vitalone is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
Copyright 2012 ONE Media, Inc.
FerrariLife is independently run with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA
Ferrari for Sale | Maserati for Sale