Looking at a Mondial T for sale - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 04-28-2008, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 374
Looking at a Mondial T for sale

Close friend asked advice on a recent Mondial T. Car displays only half-way through the range oil pressure when cold even while revving up. Is that normal? Shouldn't it go up towards the top? No smoke, smooth level idle, good temperature, other than that pretty clean. Thanks for any good opinions.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-29-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Owner

So what's the matter, nobody here has a Mondial T with a 3.4 engine and can advise if the normal oil pressure condition is half way through the gauge range when cold? Anybody? The buyer's guide doesn't say anything.

... racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting... (Steve McQueen / Le Mans)
post #3 of 9 Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,131
It should go over half when the revving near the redline. It is not normal. Could be either a faulty gauge or quite a bit more serious.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 61
What is the milage? Does the needle go to Zero when the engine is shut off?

The only way to know for certain is to conect a manual oil pressure gauge.
Good luck
post #5 of 9 Old 05-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
mondial t

the oil pressure sounds fine to me... i own a mondial t with 76,000 miles and drive/track it, and know the model very well and would be happy to help. T
post #6 of 9 Old 05-07-2008, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Thanks for the clues. The odometer shows, if I recall, 37K km. Frankly I don't believe it, because of the interior's looks, but it doesn't matter. Having started it, allowed it to idle for a while, watched the temperature get adequate, and then started to step gently on the gas. The needle wouldn't get passed the middle, (I think "5"). The engine sounded smooth, no smoke or anything, no hesitations, but I didn't try driving it. So that's it, I thought the needle should have gone to the top, as it goes in other cars.

post #7 of 9 Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 18
mondial t

did you check the oil... you should drive the car until the oil temp gage is reading temperature. then drive it like a ferrari. how do the gas/brake/clutch pedals look (are they worn). what is the sale price? these 3.4s rev quick and make good power... with a couple small low cost mods the 3.4 will scream
post #8 of 9 Old 05-11-2008, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Twestby, CKracing, thanks much for all your inputs, the deal's gone south. The buyer prefers to wait and look for a V12.

Good luck with yours though.

post #9 of 9 Old 05-28-2008, 05:36 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
twesty, hi. You mention that just a couple small low cost mods the 3.4 will scream. Would you be kind enough to advise me on these for my new Mondial T purchase last week? Cant wait!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode