mondial shuder on take of and 3rd replaced by 5 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-20-2007, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
mondial shuder on take of and 3rd replaced by 5

hello, i need help i have a 1986 mondial 3.2 qv i have had it 3 weeks and i love it, how ever it has developed a problem. firstly i am getting vibration from the rear, i would say more so when turning.if i drive it through the gears calmly its fine but if you pull strongley and go for 3rd you get 5th even though the gate is in 3rdyou pull it out of 3rd and go for 4th or 5th no gears. pull to a stand still then go again and all is well????????? anyhelp would be great thanks to all

jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 366
Gears

First thing I'd look at is the shifter bushing that is about three inches from where the shifter shaft goes into the transmission. It is a sleeved rubber bushing, called a silentbloc in the parts book (#28 in photo). These commonly go bad, and screw up your shift pattern. The part I think is less than $20. On a 308/328 car, it is not a lot of fun to replace because it is located right above a non-removable piece of the frame, but it can be done. Not sure about a Mondial, though. The shifter rod also has an adjustable piece (#10) a little forward of that bushing, so you can play with that too, and try to get the pattern right. -Steve
Attached Images

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode