my 1987 412GT looks for caring trustee - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 03-06-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,003
Garage
my 1987 412GT looks for caring trustee

1987 412GT ser #74099; blu chiaro/beige. 37,510 km/approx 23,400miles, 5-speed manual. Owned since 2007. Car is well-known in Ferrari Club of America, New England Region. Best in Show 2+2 at Cavallino Classic and several platinum awards at FCA National Meets. The 412 is the last Ferrari with the final version of Ferrari's legendary Colombo 60 degree V-12 Ferrari engine and one of Ferrari's and Pininfarina's finest designs ever.

Noted English automotive journalist L.J.K. Setright described the 365/400/412 series: “…...one of the few most beautiful, and one of the two most elegant bodies ever to leave the lead of Pininfarina’s pencilling vision...…for those who desire the character and cachet of a Ferrari in a four-seat saloon of classical concept and modern capability.......equally amenable to power-sliding round a hairpin, power-drifting through an open bend, or idling in air-conditioned ease through the hours of a London day.”Peter Stevens, chief designer at Lotus, called the series "the most beautiful production car of all time".

Total 412 production was 576 units. The 412 factory brochure describes the automatic transmission as standard and refers to the manual transmission: "on request 5-speed mechanic gear box", thus special order. It is said that 70% were furnished with the GM automatic truck transmission. Thus only about 170 5-speed 412's were produced and since the 412 was not U.S.-homologated only a handful of 'grey market' 5-speed manual cars were brought to the U.S. making it exceedingly rare here. Car is in outstanding condition with full service by John Tirrell's Independent Ferrari Service, new factory exhaust system installed and two new Michelin TRX tires to front wheels, rear with fewer than 2,000 miles. I have tools though not the full original tool kit. Cavallino Classic 'Best-in-show 2+2' trophy, original 412 factory brochure, owner's manual in CD form and a large framed photo-poster that is the center-fold photo in the factory brochure. All stay with the car. Last two photos are from Saratoga Automobile Museum's Fall Ferrari Festival road rally/tour. $97,500.US.
Attached Images

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris

Last edited by intrepid; 03-06-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode