mondial cabriolet - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-02-2002, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 139
mondial cabriolet

Hi guys,Ive made my mind up and it is defentley a cabriolet 1983-1988.. It must be RED/CREAM,,,MAYBE RED/TAN..Thankyou,and your advice is verry much welcome..Mick ha:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
My advice. Go get it and then tell us how awesome it is when you do! Good luck and keep us posted.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-30-2002, 09:20 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 10
I just joined this forum and hope to find some interesting information and some friends here.

I just agreed to buy a 1987 Mondial Cabriolet. Reading in here tells me that I need to check with Carfax though, but I don't think I will find a problem.

It is red with black interior. It is currently in the shop to repair a fluid leak. It is a condition of purchase that it be repaired. It was really fun to test drive and I hope to have many years of fun.

I should take posession of it on Wednesday or Thursday. I will let you know how it goes.

post #4 of 8 Old 12-01-2002, 08:48 AM
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
I just joined this forum and hope to find some interesting information and some friends here.

I just agreed to buy a 1987 Mondial Cabriolet. Reading in here tells me that I need to check with Carfax though, but I don't think I will find a problem.

It is red with black interior. It is currently in the shop to repair a fluid leak. It is a condition of purchase that it be repaired. It was really fun to test drive and I hope to have many years of fun.

I should take posession of it on Wednesday or Thursday. I will let you know how it goes.
Easy Ride,
Let me hopefully be the first to welcome you to the site. Let me also congratulate you on your purchase. We look forward to hearing about it. If you ever need help with fixes I'm sure someone can help you out in the tech section. When you do get your car feel free to submit it to the garage section. Again welcome to the site and its good to have you here.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-01-2002, 08:56 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,082
Hy Easy Rider

Congrats with your purchase, hope you enjoy the car, and that we hear more from you
post #6 of 8 Old 12-01-2002, 09:33 PM

Thanks Dj. I did the carfax and everything was fine. Now we will see what the mechanic says tomorrow.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-21-2002, 06:34 PM

Thank you Enzo. I did not see your post when I answered DJ a while ago.

I did buy the car. Drove it a few days but the weather took a serious turn for the worse in Southern California so it has been garaged for the last week.

Unfortunately it developed some problems right after I bought it.

The left rear window stopped working. It became balky but I was able to get it down. Then I could not get it to go back up.

Then the heater stopped working. Actually I am not sure it really ever worked. It puts out heat at rest but when the car is moving the air flow turns cold (not air conditioned cold just not heated).

The mechanic thinks it is the rheostat that controls the temp. He ordered and I paid for a replacement rheostat but then he closed for 2 weeks for Christmas.

He thinks some electrical part in the window is bad. I forget what he called it, a sender unit or relay unit or something like that. It cost $900 for a new one and to replace it you have to completely remove the top. That adds about 8-10 hours to the job. If that is the problem I will have them replace the unit on both windows since the top will be off anyways.

I plan to have it checked out at another shop to verify the problem before I embark on a repair of this magnitude.

The rheostat and a new weather strip between the top of the front window and the convertible top will be installed shorthly after they return from the holidays on Jan 6.

Nevertheless I am quite happy with the car. My partner just got a new 500SL MB at $115k on the sticker. He parks right next to me but when my Mondial is there people look at it rather than his car. I know he has trouble with that.

I will keep you posted.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-21-2002, 09:27 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 575
Congrats on the purchase! Post photos of it in the Garage section so we may all enjoy it...

Don't worry about these "issues" with the car. Just remember, it is an "old" car and things will eventually break.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode