Which garage for maintenance on your Ferrari - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Which garage for maintenance on your Ferrari

Suppose you let the engine of your car reconditioning and occurs in severe engine damage (see pictures). The company that did this sends you away with a tattle tale. How would you respond?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 02:33 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari400 View Post
Suppose you let the engine of your car reconditioning and occurs in severe engine damage (see pictures). The company that did this sends you away with a tattle tale. How would you respond?
Hi,
very bad situation, what they tell you is the cause? Chain Broken?
After a complete revision is too rare, but if the items assembly was not good .... then all is possible.
Exactly what is succeed?
They don't tell you any kind of warranty?

One my friend have did complete revised of 246 engine by one work shop and after revision the engine blu smoke from the exhaust (oil consumption), they tell him that is normal in principle .... after 4 years is same, crazy!
If i was in his place i come back with a wooden baton!

Fabio

PRESENT: 575 F1 HGTC ROSSO CORSA 2004' - MB CLS 350 CGI 2007'
PAST: 550 ROSSO CORSA 1998' - MB CLK 240 2002'
post #3 of 10 Old 08-01-2014, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550_Maranello View Post
Hi,
very bad situation, what they tell you is the cause? Chain Broken?
After a complete revision is too rare, but if the items assembly was not good .... then all is possible.
Exactly what is succeed?
They don't tell you any kind of warranty?

One my friend have did complete revised of 246 engine by one work shop and after revision the engine blu smoke from the exhaust (oil consumption), they tell him that is normal in principle .... after 4 years is same, crazy!
If i was in his place i come back with a wooden baton!
The wristpin just broke, the garage who disassembled the engine has newer seen this. Luckely it didn't happen at high speed, because then the engine would have been destroyed completely.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
from what you provided, you would have to prove the wrist pin was defective or installed improperly. If the garage is not willing to be very generous in resolving the situation, at the least I wouldn't use them again. Recovering any damages against their will likely will be difficult.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 10 Old 08-01-2014, 08:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
One fact he seems to have forgotten. On another web site he said it was "after several years" when this failure took place.

I am not sure what he wants, no car manufacturer in the world warranties an engine failure "after several years".

I can say from first hand experience that in the case of Ferrari their limit of assistance would be to write up an estimate for repair.

Also, job 1 of any tear down of a failed motor is to determine why it failed to prevent it from happening again. That part of the story is mysteriously missing.

Last edited by Brian; 08-01-2014 at 08:39 AM.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
One fact he seems to have forgotten. On another web site he said it was "after several years" when this failure took place.

I am not sure what he wants, no car manufacturer in the world warranties an engine failure "after several years".

I can say from first hand experience that in the case of Ferrari their limit of assistance would be to write up an estimate for repair.

Also, job 1 of any tear down of a failed motor is to determine why it failed to prevent it from happening again. That part of the story is mysteriously missing.
I've talked to several people with great understanding of engines and they all say the same, pistons should not fail, pins should not break. A engine wears during use, that's normal.
In a Formule 1 engine it can happen parts break, in a normal road car with normal road use it shouldn't.
It was the idea of the garage to apply these pistons and not original, he is therefore totally responsible for the parts he applies
post #7 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari400 View Post

It was the idea of the garage to apply these pistons and not original, he is therefore totally responsible for the parts he applies

For a reasonable, predetermined period of time.

Neither car manufacturer nor parts suppliers give warranties that long. You are being unreasonable and wasting your time.

Last edited by Brian; 08-03-2014 at 12:25 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Plus, for all they know, you ran it out of oil or abused it. Hard to prove either way.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Gents,

Interesting responses, which I don't agree. It's the second time this happened at the same supplier with the same pin. There is only one conclusion, the parts in my engine are rubbish. Breaking pins should never occur, this is not depended on mileage or age. My car is used for long distance and has always been maintained carefully.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,846
Guess you can find a lawyer, because that is what it would take and you have little to no chance of winning. Might as well find a windmill to tilt against.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode