Mondial 3.2 and Mondial T seats - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-19-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 35
Mondial 3.2 and Mondial T seats

Both of the front seats on these cars sit on a set of rails which allow the seats to be moved forward or backward. Does anyone one know if the distance between the rails are the same for both models?

On my 1987 Mondial 3.2 the inside distance from rail to rail is 13.5", distance from the center of the screws which hold the rails to the chassis is 14.5", and the distance between the exterior parts of the rails is 16". Is this the same in a T?

Thanks

ceb39usa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb39usa View Post
Both of the front seats on these cars sit on a set of rails which allow the seats to be moved forward or backward. Does anyone one know if the distance between the rails are the same for both models?

On my 1987 Mondial 3.2 the inside distance from rail to rail is 13.5", distance from the center of the screws which hold the rails to the chassis is 14.5", and the distance between the exterior parts of the rails is 16". Is this the same in a T?

Thanks

ceb39usa

I have a set of Mondial T 1999 seats at home [T is currently away]. I'll measure them when I get home. Although, the 99's were differenct on the uppers I believe the rails were same for all T year series.

I'll take some measurements and post, but remember: The belt connection points are very different on the older Mondial and T series EXCEPT the ones I mention for the 1999, which most closely resemble the older Mondials.

I have a full set of 1999's gathering dust...if they fit your rails and have correct connection points they might be the bet.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 9 Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Owner

I suspect some bad news:

The seats on the newer Mondial seem to be a hair bigger.

According to the diagram below the offset holes, center to center are 13.5" and the rails are quite a bit off.

I suspect the seat bottom, 19" wide at it widest, might be off too as the center console is a bit different.

If you want some other measurements, then post them and I'll get to them when I can.
Attached Images

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Last edited by Granucci; 11-20-2012 at 07:26 AM.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Seat rail measurements

From what you have provided it looks like the distances on a 3.2 and a T are pretty close to the same. I am looking for new floor mats for my 3.2 and I am finding lots of mats for T's and some of them are pretty nice and I would buy them if I knew they were going to fit properly. The mats I am looking at have a notch in the mat which allows them to go further under the seat than mine do right now. Mine stop at the front of the rails. I think a set of new mats which go further under the seat will cure the problem I have when getting into the car. If I step in and sit my foot pushes the mat forward. If I sit then pull my legs in the mat only moves a little. A newer, stiffer mat will cure this problem, I hope. Plus I get new mats with a red Ferrari logo on them.

Thank you for the information and help.

Chuck Buckley
Fremont, CA
post #5 of 9 Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Owner

Quote:
From what you have provided it looks like the distances on a 3.2 and a T are pretty close to the same. I am looking for new floor mats for my 3.2 and I am finding lots of mats for T's and some of them are pretty nice and I would buy them if I knew they were going to fit properly. The mats I am looking at have a notch in the mat which allows them to go further under the seat than mine do right now. Mine stop at the front of the rails. I think a set of new mats which go further under the seat will cure the problem I have when getting into the car. If I step in and sit my foot pushes the mat forward. If I sit then pull my legs in the mat only moves a little. A newer, stiffer mat will cure this problem, I hope. Plus I get new mats with a red Ferrari logo on them.

Thank you for the information and help.

Chuck Buckley
Fremont, CA
Oh, MATS.....was way off in my thoughts. IF you had mentioned that first I could have saved myself some heavy lifting.. :*

I have an extra set of mats for a T: Tan with Red Cavallino inserted. Can measure them for you if you want. Let me know.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Last edited by Granucci; 11-26-2012 at 03:23 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Measurements for mat

Just measured.

Distance between rails is 13-1/2". Each rail is about 1-1/2" wide. From the outside of the left rail to where the chassis goes upward is about 4-1/2". Do your mats look like the ones in the attachment, forget the logo I know what logo you are talking about on your mats?

You indicate that your mats are tan. I would like black, but right about now I am giving that a second thought. Have contacted two vendors but as of yet they have not replied.

Thanks

Chuck
Attached Images

post #7 of 9 Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Owner

Quote:
Just measured.

Distance between rails is 13-1/2". Each rail is about 1-1/2" wide. From the outside of the left rail to where the chassis goes upward is about 4-1/2". Do your mats look like the ones in the attachment, forget the logo I know what logo you are talking about on your mats?

You indicate that your mats are tan. I would like black, but right about now I am giving that a second thought. Have contacted two vendors but as of yet they have not replied.

Thanks

Chuck

First take: Not like those at all. the portions that butt against the console, inward, are almost straight with no meandering or cutouts.

Mine, second set, only have a large Cavallino in Red. No shields, lettering or such...just a freestanding horse about 2-1.5 times the size of the shields shown.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #8 of 9 Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
Oh, MATS.....was way off in my thoughts. IF you had mentioned that first I could have saved myself some heavy lifting.. :*

I have an extra set of mats for a T: Tan with Red Cavallino inserted. Can measure them for you if you want. Let me know.
Any way to see a picture of your mats?

Chuck
post #9 of 9 Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
I have a set of Mondial T 1999 seats at home [T is currently away]. .

I have a full set of 1999's gathering dust...if they fit your rails and have correct connection points they might be the bet.
Are these seats for sale from your mondial? I would be interested in purchasing if so. I have a mondial T cab. [email protected]

thanks,
Greg

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode