Rear end badge Ferrari 400GT - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 37
Rear end badge Ferrari 400GT

My car is missing the rear end "400" badge. The front picture of the cars manual show a "400 GT" badge but this badge is not to be seen,even in salesadverts of similar cars.

I have seen pictures of clean "400" badges but no "GT" lettering.... Does the "400 GT" badge even exist and why is it pictured in the manual ?

It is not available from breakers or dealers. Probably due to the low production of 147 cars ? I am considering producing a badge if it turns out that "GT" is the correct badge.

This is the cover of the manual : Lip691 Ferrari 400 automatic GT uso e manutenzione E F | eBay

Anyone know ?

Last edited by Arvid; 06-17-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 06:58 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,850
Arvid- That is just cover art with the two types of cars covered in the manual. From the actual photos of the car in the manual (download a copy at ferraridatabase.com), it appears there was a 400 automatic badge, because this was a big deal as Ferrari's first regular production automatic transmission car (yes, I know about the 6 automatic 365 GT 2+2s built). For the GT the badge just said 400.

There is a 400 GT body parts catalog because I had one at one time. If you can find a copy of that, you should be able to confirm.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2012, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 37
Thanks Terry for great info.

Then it's just what I suspected. I will just have to search for a "400" badge although this seems difficult,if not impossible.

I am keen on keeping the car original so getting this badge would be great. It is possible to get 400i badges still,but I will have to mill away the "i" and respray the black areas. It is not ideal but solves the problem for now...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode