Time has come to part with my 88 Mondial Cab - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Time has come to part with my 88 Mondial Cab

I've come to the conclusion that the time has come to sell my Mondial. I've listed it on eBay, but I'm not convinced that a 7 day auction is the best way to sell the car. If anyone has any suggestions on other venues to list the car for sale, or any reputable consignment dealers in Southern California who would be qualified to sell the car, I would appreciate any suggestions. My car is all original, well-maintained and in excellent condition. eBay ad is here in case anyone is interested in checking it out:
Ferrari : Mondial | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,197
I am not sure, other than pride, why you made most of your listing to the Pope's one ride in the Mondial. Although, interesting, your listing should exemplify YOUR particular car and point out its attributes over others, while only referencing the special moments Mondials had with [as most Ferraris] famous persons.

Seven day listing will likely get you nowhere and eBay is only a foot in the door to getting questions probably a lot of them to you.

Dealers list there for less expensive exposure, albeit, I have bought and sold a few cars that way to include a Ferrari [but from a known dealer].

It is a hit/miss in any market unless rare, which [and I own a Red/Tan '90 Cabriolet] is not rare and sometimes much overlooked by the non-initiated typical Ferrari seeker.

I as you feel the Mondial is a much overlooked Ferrari.

You will need patience, open/honesty to any mass inquiry shutting out no-one, but IF the valid/right person inquires you'll know.

BTW: Yours looks quite clean, and serious bidders, knowing you are in CA and more easily approached, will take a second look more than others. Consignment to a valid broker may mean you'll be out some cash as well as time with your car.

ALSO, be careful of persons wanting a test drive. Take to a very social area, and bring lots of friends to be there. Do not let them drive where you are outnumbered, or not protected.

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 9 Old 07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
Possible pope-mobile. unlikely. good luck on the 35k. i would advertise it on cars.com and any dealer willing to put it on their site. ebay isn't bad, sold a car there. Also post it on the ferrari sites. like this one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 9 Old 07-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 862
Mondial

i like HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS,,,,AUTO TRADER is ok as well,,,So Cal probably has the most potential buyers in the country,,,in any other economy i would say you would have no problem selling,,,at present..it may take a bit more time ,,good luck,,,PS..dont sell it on consignment,,it will cost you far less to advertise the car in multiple publications..including the Ferrari Market Letter..
post #5 of 9 Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Just a quick follow-up on this guys. I appreciate all the tips. The first listing on eBay resulted in a winning bid that met the reserve, so even though the price was less than I would have liked, I felt like it would go to a good home. The winning bidder (who had 100% positive feedback and a very high feedback score) sent a $500 deposit and an email letting me know that he would contact me to make final arrangements to come down, do a final inspection and pick up the car. That was all I heard from him. Had the guy at least had the courtesy to let me know he wasn't going to fulfill his bid, I probably would have taken the car up to Concorso Italiano in Monterey and tried to find a buyer up there. By the time I came to the conclusion that the bidder was a flake, Monterey events were but a distant memory. Alas, we will try again.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,860
Hopefully you got the $500.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by geshaghi View Post
Just a quick follow-up on this guys. I appreciate all the tips. The first listing on eBay resulted in a winning bid that met the reserve, so even though the price was less than I would have liked, I felt like it would go to a good home. The winning bidder (who had 100% positive feedback and a very high feedback score) sent a $500 deposit and an email letting me know that he would contact me to make final arrangements to come down, do a final inspection and pick up the car. That was all I heard from him. Had the guy at least had the courtesy to let me know he wasn't going to fulfill his bid, I probably would have taken the car up to Concorso Italiano in Monterey and tried to find a buyer up there. By the time I came to the conclusion that the bidder was a flake, Monterey events were but a distant memory. Alas, we will try again.

Bizarre. He sent you $500 and then disappeared. the most ill conceived con job ever??

Ferrari's: 360 Modena, 550 Maranello
Ex's: Dino 308 GT4, 612 Scaglietti
The Rest: Rolls Royce Silver Shadow, Porsche 911 2.7s, Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra, Ducati 916... and the Land Rovers
post #8 of 9 Old 04-22-2012, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I still have my Mondial, but have relisted her on eBay:
Ferrari : Mondial Ferrari : Mondial | eBay

Reserve price is well-below the buy-now. The car is in excellent condition and well sorted, although due to the time from the last service, a belt service is advisable. I am motivated to sell as the car gets limited use these days, and am happy to discuss the car in detail with any prospective purchaser. Two local independents are familiar with the car as well, and I can provide contact info if desired. The car is probably one of the nicest and most original Mondials available.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,197
welcome back ferraris can take a long time to self sometimes . depends on the list things like the above try cars.com this site also . actually any ferrari site would be to your benefit . I have 0 faith in craigslist

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode