Pristine 1991 Ferrari Mondial For Sale - Only 4,447 Miles!! - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Pristine 1991 Ferrari Mondial For Sale - Only 4,447 Miles!!

Hey guys,

I have a 1991 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet with only 4,447 miles for sale! This Ferrari is pristine both inside and out as if it has been in a "time capsule" for the past 20 years. This car was originally purchased in California until it made it's way to Texas in 2007 where it was just traded-in on a new car. This Ferrari is pristine both inside and out as if it has been in a "time capsule" for the past 20 years. The exterior/paint is all original and is near flawless, showing the previous owners pride in ownership. The interior has no rips, stains, wear or odors and will not disappoint the most discerning Ferrari enthusiast. All mechanics are in proper working order and we just replaced the alternator, battery and a few other misc items. You will not find a nicer 1991 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet with fewer miles.

Full photos and info can be seen through this link:
1991 Ferrari Mondial Cabriolet Addison, Texas | eCarLink

For any questions or inquiries regarding this amazing Mondial, please feel free to e-mail or call!

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,192
Welcome:

I must say that is a VERY nice example. Looks exactly like my '90 except your's is much newer looking.

I assume the tools are there also? Nice to have both key fobs.

If I may ask: When was the last major/belts done? And by whom?

r

Guide to the Galaxy: Don't Panic
Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
1990 Mondial T Cabriolet SN 86247 : Red/Tan
1995 456 GT 2+2 SN 99987 : Roso Metalizzato [Fer 311/C] & Tan
post #3 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,567
gotta love an owner that has so much pride in the car he won't take it out of the garage.

although it is presumed by the model year, it may be more accurate to advertise this as a mondial t cab. I would be interested to see if this fetches the 10k+ premium asked because of the low mileage. yes, i'm in a cranky mood... great looking car

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by wetpet; 06-21-2011 at 03:43 PM.

post #4 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetpet View Post
gotta love an owner that has so much pride in the car he won't take it out of the garage.
Pride schmide. I don't know how anyone could fight the urge to drive it.

However, in that state, the car is way beyond "time capsule". It's a beautiful work of art. So I might just sit and look at it too...
post #5 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Owner

As all said: too low a miles is an issue.

Quote:

although it is presumed by the model year, it may be more accurate to advertise this as a mondial t cab. I would be interested to see if this fetches the 10k+ premium asked because of the low mileage. yes, i'm in a cranky mood... great looking car
In my mind. Yes. However, there might be a bit more haggling room if the major is needed. and some of the nibbles not taken care of below.

Not sure of the shocks, but thinking near a rebuild due to age. Hoses...might need a lot of care. Don't think sitting with gas over that much time and low miles did the tank any good. Fuse box? well, never really used much so probably ok.

Grill tangs ok, but of course: It has never seen much weather or driving.

Radiator getting regular changes of coolant...hmmm. Could be a REAL issue, not to mention the heater core and water pump.

Did it get its alternator recall/upgrade? How are the electrical connectors after sitting?

Tires probably will need replacing if not recently done.

Belt mice probably work fine

How are the seals on the front window.

Since the car has probably not had it's top up much [maybe it has which IMO would be a good thing--inclined to think up since the leather cover has difficulty in being attached behind the rear window as in not used much.] then the creases and stretching will be ok.

I'll bet the tool case is there, but don't see it: Issue. Owner's books look about in order, guessing. Fobs, both with all keys good. Even the rear knobs for storing the belts are there = +

On the whole, I'd rather that one to 'restore' than a lower priced car. But still would like to know the service history. Older models may only care about the most recent history, but that one is so low in miles I'm thinking at less than 250 miles/year, there will be concerns.

On another note, I'd almost dare anyone to acquire a more decent display model for $35k. [range is about $35-70k for good examples]

But in these times, well, perhaps something I should not bet on...

Looks in fine enough shape from pics for serious consider.

Someone in that market will drool on this one.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Last edited by Granucci; 06-21-2011 at 04:21 PM.
post #6 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Owner
Elite Member

anybody that paid north of 45k for a mondial t recently should have their head examined. Do you know of a 70K sale? Did enzo fart in the seat and you can still smell it? only reason i would pay that much!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Rick and Ed, combining what you both state, this may not be the best candidate for a "driver". It might be that this car is best suited for someone who wants a museum piece for display. Although I can't think of a stronger candidate in a "preservation" class event.

For the guy who wants a display, it may be worth the asking price, but how many of those guys are there?? For a driver, that price may be hard to get.

Then again, we just discussed Sheehan listing a 246 for a quarter mil....

Interesting times.
post #8 of 19 Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Garage
Quote:
anybody that paid north of 45k for a mondial t recently should have their head examined. Do you know of a 70K sale? Did enzo fart in the seat and you can still smell it? only reason i would pay that much!
Oh man are you ever grumpy lol

Night life........ain't a good life........but it's my life -- Willy Nelson
post #9 of 19 Old 06-22-2011, 04:17 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Actually i was trying to be funny. Guess i'm back to grumpy.

post #10 of 19 Old 06-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
I'm thinking that car is worth about $35,000. Sure low mileage is cool but by now all of the electrical connections will have enough oxidation and corrosion built up on them that a thorough inspection and cleaning will be warranted. Not to mention needing a major service and new tires plus new hoses and fuel lines. I wouldn't drive that thing a mile with 20 year old goodyears on it.

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #11 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Owner

All I can say is find a similar example for $35k and go for it.

That is a museum piece or if to make a driving example you'll need to spend about $10k to make sure and that's not a far off estimate from a licensed shop.

$70k, ya', I can think of about two recently. One of which was a very low mile Valeo from the movie Scent of a Woman.

Don't know why they range from $35-70 for the T, but they do. Lesser prices, well, there are no bargains in Ferrari.

Just because one one doesn't like the model doesn't mean there isn't an azz to fit every seat at whatever price.

Wet< Enzo comment....ewwwwww.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:
post #12 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
$70k, ya', I can think of about two recently. One of which was a very low mile Valeo from the movie Scent of a Woman.
doesn't count, try again.....

post #13 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,875
I actually do like the Ts. But you are right they do seem to have a stigma attached to them. I guess in my thinking I don't see any Ferrari short of one of the supercars or a vintage 2 seater 12 being viewed as a museum piece.... I mean what's the point of a museum quality Mondial T cabriolet? My thought and maybe this is where we differ I guess is to get in that thing and drive. What was it that Glickenhaus said? "Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable for the next guy!"

Current: 85' GTS QV
It's a simple process...... it's just complicated by human beings....
post #14 of 19 Old 06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 97
Quote:
To quote the sig of Jim Glickenhaus:

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend."

How true that is.
post #15 of 19 Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 5
Hey all,

Thanks for all the positive responses, I'm glad you all like the car!

I'll try and do my best to answer the majority of questions you've all got...

--I've updated the photos to show that the car DOES come with the tool case, in fact it's still in it's original plastic wrapping.
--Pertaining to the major/belts service, I would recommend that service be performed upon purchase, due obviously to time, not miles.
--The tires are in great condition, no cracking or any show of major wear, tread depth is great. Having said that, I can't be 100% certain how old they are.
--The car DID get it's alternator recall/upgrade, so no worries there.
--The seals on the front windows are just fine, no cracking or anything of the sort.

The car is truly amazing with so low mileage, and the pristine condition. It's literally as if it's never been driven! If you know somebody who might be interested in this car, certainly pass along our info. I know somebody out there is going to love owning this Mondial!

Tristan Bergen
[email protected]
post #16 of 19 Old 06-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eCarLinkDealer View Post
I know somebody out there is going to love owning this Mondial!

Owning is the operative word, for that price and condition they certainly won't be buying it as a driver....

Still, hope someone buys it.
post #17 of 19 Old 06-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Owner

Bumpity

Quote:
doesn't count, try again.....
How about 1 of 5 for $83,000 USD. [PS I would like a Valeo, but that's certainly over my head]

'92 T Coup RHD : SN 9840670 offered 28 June '11 Rosso/Crema

1992 FERRARI MONDIAL T Cars For Sale in QLD - CarPoint Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcheta View Post
I actually do like the Ts. But you are right they do seem to have a stigma attached to them. I guess in my thinking I don't see any Ferrari short of one of the supercars or a vintage 2 seater 12 being viewed as a museum piece.... I mean what's the point of a museum quality Mondial T cabriolet? My thought and maybe this is where we differ I guess is to get in that thing and drive. What was it that Glickenhaus said? "Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable for the next guy!"
All 2+2s have a stigma and that is a fact. Many stigmas, not to me, but 4 vs 6 vs 8 vs 12 cylinders brought in 'stigmas' at times and never stopped them from being desired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. v View Post
To quote the sig of Jim Glickenhaus:

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your Girl Friend so she'll be more desirable to her next Boy Friend."

How true that is.
As everyone, that is a classic quote I've always liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer58 View Post
Owning is the operative word, for that price and condition they certainly won't be buying it as a driver....

Still, hope someone buys it.
+1. It will take a bit of work and extra dollars to make sure this even drives properly, but for someone in the market it would be a possible starting point.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Last edited by Granucci; 06-28-2011 at 09:31 AM.
post #18 of 19 Old 06-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Owner
Elite Member

don't understand this sentence. But asking prices and cars for sale in australia don't count either. Either do sales in countries that have vat's approaching 100%. Please try again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granucci View Post
How about 1 of 5 for $83,000 USD. [PS I would like a Valeo, but that's certainly over my head]

'92 T Coup RHD

1992 FERRARI MONDIAL T Cars For Sale in QLD - CarPoint Australia

post #19 of 19 Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Owner

Quote:
don't understand this sentence. But asking prices and cars for sale in australia don't count either. Either do sales in countries that have vat's approaching 100%. Please try again....

You are making no sense: Just what are your sole parameters for judging the value of a Ferrari: Guessing if there is a Daytona pristine in UK that it is out of anyone in NA or rest of the world for purchasing?

makes no sense.

I've given you two examples of $70k+ T's.....that makes for Ferrari pricing one of which sold for that amount and now this asking price.

IF one wants a swamped out FL version, then ya' guess you'll get your pricing down.

Rik -- LAH !

Current:
Past:

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode