Ferrari Life Forum banner

2017 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

10K views 65 replies 7 participants last post by  rcollum 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Katie's, 01/07/17

It was cold when I drove to Katie's early this morning, but it was not snowing. It started snowing lightly after 7:00AM, but did not amount to much. Then, around 8:00AM, it started snowing more heavily. We had a reasonable turnout today, (no Ferraris) but most people decided to leave shortly after 8:00AM, to beat the worst of the bad roads. The drive home was intense.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#3 ·
Katie's, 01/21/17

Strange January weather this week... This morning was 47F, overcast, with intermittent very light mist; no rain.
The salt had been washed away by recent rains, so we had a reasonable turnout at Katie's, though most people arrived a little later than usual. We did have a couple of Ferraris, and a Maserati today...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#4 ·
Katie's, 01/28/17

A pretty good Saturday at Katie's... We even had a couple of Ferraris show up...

(That's not just another Mustang, it's the 526hp GT 350R, complete with carbon fiber wheels.)

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#5 ·
Katie's, 02/04/17

A cold, clear day at Katie's is the best you can ask of winter. After all, it is February! We still has a 458 show up...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#6 ·
Katie's, 02/11/17

Some really interesting cars at Katie's today...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#7 ·
Katie's, 02/18/17

We are enjoying a warm spell for February, though it was only 29F on my way to Katie's this morning. The start of a three-day weekend meant a really well-attended cars & coffee today. A good showing of exotics. Ian L. brought his '29 Bentley, and his son's Porsche Cup car. A nice happenstance - Paul M.'s gorgeous '32 Ford Roadster was parked next to a beautiful split-window, fuelie Corvette, which I had not seen before. Doctor Dave drove his Cobra Daytona Coupe.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#10 ·
Katie's, 02/25/17

What a beautiful morning! Not at all typical of a late February morning - I saw 57F at 5:00AM today. Last Saturday, same time, was 29F. People came out and enjoyed the morning...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#11 ·
Katie's, 03/04/17

I did a quick visit to Katie's this morning. I had to an event in Pennsylvania, so I was only around for a bit over 2 hours. It was still time well spent.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#12 ·
Katie's, 03/11/17

Katie's had a smaller turnout this morning - it was cold today, and lots of regulars are at Amelia Island for the concours. One nice side-effect was, we had several groupings of cars by marques; not something that can usually happen when we are crowded. Amazingly, two modern Ferraris were there this morning.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#13 ·
Possible Ferrari Crash on Georgetown Pike, 03/11/17?

I was forwarded this post, but have been unable to confirm exactly where and when it happened. I was at Katie's, and never saw this car Saturday. Does anyone know about this? It looks pretty bad; hope everyone involved is OK. Another reminder to BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#14 ·
Bob- Looks like the chassis is well and truly bent on that one. The roof is even bent. Must have collected a couple of trees during the spin. Black ice?

#16 ·
Katie's, 03/25/17

I didn't go to Katie's last week, because it was sleeting when I woke up last Saturday. What a difference a week makes! It was 55 degrees when I drove to Katie's this morning. Predictably, the warm weather brought EVERYBODY out! (Even a few Ferraris!)

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#19 ·
Katie's, 04/01/17

The rains of the last couple of days finally abated, and we had a cool first Saturday in April. A good turnout, with a handful of Ferraris, and some other cars of interest. The local Corvair club brought out 7 nice examples of their cars.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#20 ·
Katie's, 04/08/17

This past week was filled with strange weather; nice & temperate early in the week, with violent thunderstorms Thursday, and high winds (including some tornadoes in the area) on Friday. Saturday was cold, clear & GREAT!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#21 ·
Katie's, 04/15/17

A beautiful morning - in the mid-fifties before 6:00AM. As you'd expect, a very big turnout at Katie's this Easter weekend. Here are some interesting vehicles we had not seen before.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#22 ·
Katie's, 04/15/17 - Part 2

...of course, there were Ferraris there today...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#24 ·
Katie's, 04/22/17

The roads were wet, and it was gently sprinkling when I arrived at Katie's at 5:30AM. While that generally means low turnout, and much fewer exotics, like no Ferraris, there are still interesting vehicles & people there.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#25 ·
Katie's, 04/29/17

I try to never miss Katie's. This morning, it was in the 60's at 5:30AM. Spring is here!

Here are some vehicles we had not seen before - the Chevy Woody was very nice. UMBC brought two Baja Buggies, this one with the sidewall-less tires. Mike, here with the Ducati he just bought back after about 20 years, plans to take this bike to El Mirage Lake this summer, to seek a class world speed record with it - good luck!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#26 ·
Katie's, 05/06/17

The first Saturday of May - very clear and pleasant when I arrived, but it clouded up. Raid was predicted, but for later today. That was enough to keep lots of people away; we didn't have more than the front lot, barely full. Still, some good stuff! Only a single Ferrari, though - Bobert's 550.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#27 ·
Katie's, 05/13/17

What a Spring we are having here in the DC area - it was raining, and 49 degrees when I arrived at 5:30AM - it was still 49 degrees (though rain had stopped) when I went home at 7:30AM. I met a couple of friends for breakfast, and we left when it became apparent that most people stayed away. Still, there were some interesting vehicles... though not a Ferrari to be seen.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

#28 ·
Katie's, 05/27/17

A terrific turnout on this holiday weekend. A very good turnout (and variety) of Ferraris today.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.