Daytona Owners List - Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life » Ferrari Forum » Ferrari Owners » Pre '69: 212, 250, 275, 330, 365 ::

Daytona Owners List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 298
Default Daytona Owners List

Thought it would be a good idea to make a list of 365 GTB/4 & 365 GTS/4 owners on Ferrarilife.

Please post up a picture of your Daytona and some info about it. It's up to you what info you want to provide but an example would be:

Model: 365 GTB/4
Year: 1971
Steering: LHD
Chassis number: 14485
Ferrari colour: Nero
Interior colour: Tan

In order to keep the thread on topic, please only post once in this thread with all the info you would like to provide on your Daytona
Thanks

Resources: Parts List | Buyer's Guides
williamtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 5,520
Name: Jimmy Chen Shiba
Default Daytona 365GTB4

Purchased this Daytona from John Guikas in Marseilles, France in 2006. Model Daytona 365GTB 4; completed 7th September 1970; Euroversion LHD; Swiss,France,Japan; Chassis# 13745; original color ext. Bianco Polo 20-W-152...now red; original interior color Verde 103...now tobacco tan; sold new to Vela Murillo. Information furnished by Mr. Marcel Massini. w/ smiles Jimmy
Attached Images

Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,386

Mine is:

Model: 365 GTB/4
Year: 1971
Chassis number: 13343
Exterior colour: Rosso Corsa
Interior colour: Nero/red inserts

Pictures to follow. Original color was Verde Medio.

Boxer

F40
Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
wch
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 23

US/LHD
Original and current exterior color blu sera

Shown here with a "friend."
Attached Images

wch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Administrator
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,325
Name: Andrew

wch, Welcome to FL. Good choice on the order on the lift, it means you have to drive the V12 first before you can get the V8 out.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
wch
Owner
Elite Member

Andrew, thanks for the welcome; the lift order is no accident. Until snow fell a few days ago, the Daytona was driven twice a week, the Scud ... almost never. Cheers, Will
Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #7
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wch View Post
Andrew, thanks for the welcome; the lift order is no accident. Until snow fell a few days ago, the Daytona was driven twice a week, the Scud ... almost never. Cheers, Will
Was choice based on preference of cars ?

Boxer

F40
Old 01-31-2009, 04:14 AM   #8
wch
Owner
Elite Member

"Was choice based on preference of cars ?"

Yes. I prefer the Daytona on the street and highway, cars like the Scuderia at the track.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wch View Post
"Was choice based on preference of cars ?"

Yes. I prefer the Daytona on the street and highway, cars like the Scuderia at the track.
Now I really can't wait to finally get my hands on the Daytona. Unfortunately it will be at least a few more months before it is ready.

Boxer

F40
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #10
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,898

Modell: 365 GTB/4
Year: May 1972
chassis number: 15671
Exterior colour: fly yellow
Interior colour: black
Original exterior colour: Blu Chiaro metallizato 106-A-38 Salchi
Original interior colour: Pelle beige VM 3234
Engine numero interno 251 numero B1642
212Export is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #11
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 62
Name: dm18

15523 RHD originally to Maranello Concessionaires
dm18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm18 View Post
15523 RHD originally to Maranello Concessionaires
How long has your Daytona been in HK?

Boxer

F40
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #13
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,296
Name: Terry H Phillips

DM- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Have not heard from you for a while.

My old Daytona was 14009, originally white with green interior, completed 15 December 1970, Assembly Number 364, delivered in Belgium IIRC, now a chopped Spider, red with tan in Europe.
Attached Images

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
How long has your Daytona been in HK?
Since the 80's
Old 10-18-2011, 07:49 PM   #15
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
DM- Welcome to Ferrari Life. Have not heard from you for a while.
Thx Taz. Happy to reconnect with an old friend as Sir Paul pointed me in this direction
Old 10-18-2011, 09:38 PM   #16
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Since the 80's
I was talking to the gentleman who ran Maranello sales back in the 70s & 80s a little while ago, seems they had a pretty god business supplying cars to HK. Said quite a few really nice ones went east.

Boxer

F40
Old 10-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #17
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
I was talking to the gentleman who ran Maranello sales back in the 70s & 80s a little while ago, seems they had a pretty god business supplying cars to HK. Said quite a few really nice ones went east.
We have some pretty serious collectors in HK. A lot of nice cars went east during the 2009 downturn in the UK. Not just Ferrari, also Porsche. HK has 100% first registration tax so once they are registered here they are very likely to stay
Old 10-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #18
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
We have some pretty serious collectors in HK. A lot of nice cars went east during the 2009 downturn in the UK. Not just Ferrari, also Porsche. HK has 100% first registration tax so once they are registered here they are very likely to stay
Things in the UK are starting to look pretty ugly again, might be a few more cars headed your way shortly.

Boxer

F40
Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #19

Ferrari Life Posts: 12
Default Daytona #14273

Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona #14273 was ordered by Maranello Concessionaires in October 1970 for John Cussins who was a hill climb racing driver and once owned the ex Graham Hill 4WD BRM. The car was collected by Mr Cussins and his wife from the factory in May 1970, registered JRC 40 and driven to the Monaco Grand Prix. The car was finished in Argento Auteuil 106-E-1 with black leather, charcoal grey carpets and air conditioning. The original log book shows that the car was sold in 1972 to a property company in London then in 1974 to a bank. After this the car met with a terrible accident and recovery was facilitated by wrapping huge chains around the body and dragging it up a muddy slope. Clearly this did substantial damage to the panelwork and added to the chassis damage incurred in the original accident. The wreck was then sold on, someone hacked the roof off and eventually in 1979 the car was purchased by Chris Lawrence who intended to restore it as a spyder. The photo below shows the car as Chris received it with not a useable panel in sight.

Chris Lawrence was the much revered and well known Maserati and Ferrari SWB and GTO replica builder. I got to know Chris in the year 2000 when I asked him to produce a correct GTO chassis and body for me and we became friends, even going on holiday together. He knew that I would like to have a Daytona for my wife and I to enjoy in our retirement but I could not afford a complete one, so we came to a gentleman’s agreement that when he wanted to sell his Daytona, I would be his first port of call. In the intervening period, Chris had completely dismantled the wreck and stored all the parts in various barns and workshops on his property, whilst throwing away the irrepairable body parts. Subsequently, early in 2006 Chris was diagnosed with Melanoma Cancer and he asked me if I still wanted to buy the Daytona, which I did. We managed to complete the deal and load two trailers full of parts that I had not seen, boxes, broken suspension, an engine that was stuck fast and a bent chassis, just days before he died. When I eventually surveyed my purchase, my heart sank; the engine had two holes in the sump where the front suspension pick up securing nuts had punched through the cast aluminium, the chassis had sustained damage to the driver’s side front suspension area and oval tube. However, Chris had managed to purchase what he told me was a genuine Scaglietti nearly complete front body clip and this I valued very highly. I was also able to purchase fairly soon after, an entire rear body clip and roof from Maranello Concessionaires along with various missing trim panels needed to return the car to a Berlinetta that we could enjoy, driving through Continental Europe. So all I needed was someone to fix the chassis for me. In 2007, I did try a local engineer, who had a basic jig, who did his best to straighten the chassis but it eventually dawned on me that we really needed a Ferrari expert. I have a strong scientific background and an interest in automotive engineering, however my welding and bodywork abilities are those of an amateur. I enjoy paint spraying, engine building, assembly and finishing the cars off to a high standard but I do need the correct body and chassis to work from. Originality and correct original construction of a given car is important to me. So in 2007, I started looking for a genuine chassis engineer with Ferrari experience and all the right equipment to return this chassis and body to a point where I could begin the laborious but rewarding process of preparation for painting. In 2012, this car is still in restoration.
Attached Images

gtospoons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #20
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,366

Gtospoons,
Welcome to Ferrari Life. What a great intro!

How far along the restoration road are you now?

Ferrari's: 612 Scaglietti, 360 Modena, Dino 308 GT4
Other Italians: Ducati 916, Ducati 848
DD's: LR Discovery, RR Sport
Fiorano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ferrari Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.