Ferrari Life Forum banner

F430 sport exhaust

F430 
5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Gusdgreek 
#1 ·
Hello guys,
new projects are coming ...
I closed an order with my dealer for make the exhaust for a special F430 (4.7 litres, 550/600 HP ...) that will go to the gumball 2017 (Riga to Mikonos)...
I taken the occasion to make a 3D model of the engine-gearbox and of the OE exhaust parts in order to are able to design at CAD a new exhausts and headers for the F430.
Is my intention develop some exhaust parts to put instead of the orginal, one by one, and also to make a complete differen system ...

Best Regards

Fabio

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hello guys,
i'm working on the headers for the F430, fully interchangeable with the originals ...
I need to check the space between header and the bodywork, ather tha ti will dpo a prototype ofor tes in a car of my friend ...

Regards at all

Attachments

#7 ·
Hello guys,
today i completed the exhaust system for a customized F430 that will participate to the Gumball 3000 Riga-Mykonos, my exuaust will coupled with a set of F430 GTC headers (without cats), and engine displacement increased to 4.7 litres.

https://www.gumball3000.com/blog/2017-riga-to-mykonos

I could not make the exhaust system directly on the car because now is disassembled in the bodywork, I used the 3D files of the engine, gearbox and headers obtained by laser scanner, that i assembled on my CAD for make design.

Note that the flanges are made by my design, male and female with a small turned reliefs for have labyrinth effect and in the connection surface have the grooves for graphite seals that i ordered per my drawing.

On the last pictures are showed the cross support plate, the mold for beading the bottom plates of the muffler and the connection flanges after CNC machining.

Delivery next week, i hope will fit good ...

Best regards at all who will pass from here.

Fabio

Attachments

#9 ·
Ciao Stef,

- for the customized F430 the 4-1 headers was a customer input.
- for my headers i prefered to do for a 4-1 because i want do the same interface to the original headers and with this limit there is less space for do the 4-2-1 headers with pipes with sufficient lenght for have good torque at low-medium rev, also if the 4-2-1 is indicated for the 4 in line cylinders engine.
With the 4-1 i can make more length pipes, that is good for torque at low-medium rev.
This was my thought....

Best Regards

Fabio

#10 ·
Stef- The 4-1 headers will make for much better scavenging than a 4-2-1, just like they do for V-12s with 6-1 instead of OEM two 3-2-1 headers. You also get a much higher pitched sound with each exhaust pulse extracting the next and there is a pretty significant increase in hp. The GTO went from the 599's 3-2-1 to 6-1, and most of that beautiful sound comes from the header design, elimination of precats, and use of single large 200 series cats on each side. Same principles apply to the flat crank V-8s.

Not the same as a 90 degree crank V-8, where a cross pipe can increase hp from the 4 V-2 layout. Our V-8s are two inline 4s on the same crank and one of the big advantages is the exhaust pulses are self extracting.

Reactions: Fiammenghi Italia
#12 ·
Hello Friends,
finally i'm doing the first set of headers for the F430, three weeks ago i received all the CNC machined parts for the assembly jigs, and some molds, all parts designed by me.
Two weeks ago i received pipes and the necessaries bends for do the headers, ans thids week all the flanges, head flange and triangular flange for CAT connection.
Please note that in my design have not copy others manufacuters.....
Following some pictures of the manufacturing, now the single pipes are from my welder.

Attachments

#13 ·
Some pictures of the CNC machined parts

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Hello friends,
i'm busy in more directions and some suppliers due to the Christmas holiday was closed for many days ....
However yesterday i picked up my first set of 430 headers from my welder, i did the holes for the bosses of lamda sensors an thermocuple and todaiy i give back him for las weld and chemical pickling.
I will test within few weeks in a 430 of a friend, i hope that i did a good job and i hope to have not clashes in the chassis.
When i designed it, the drawing was nice but nothing more, instead now tha is finished in the hands i like so much ....
It is a pity that the header flanges will be hidden by the engine heads ....

Fabio

Attachments

#19 ·
Headers are completed,
within the end of february my friend R. will test in his 430.
I like how they became....

Fabio

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.