F430 F430 F1 Electric Motor - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-19-2016, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
F430 F1 Electric Motor

I recently installed an F1 electric motor on my F430, supplied by Juri Gelovani (a forum member here on Ferrari Life). The reason for replacing the motor was that my car's F1 electric motor would take about 5-6 seconds to prime and a few times on the road while at a red light the car would not shift from N to 1st straight away (even after depressing and pressing the brake pedal again and trying to shift). During my last service I had the F1 fluid flushed and filled as I originally figured that maybe I was having shifting problems caused by air in the system. This was not the case and everything else was operating fine.

My Ferrari dealer said that everything was operating as it should and any shifting issues were likely caused by minor out of sequence issues. Being that the F1 electric motor was taking long to prime I decided to replace it with a larger upgraded unit. I have driven my F430 about 400 miles since the F1 electric motor was replaced and have not had any issues. Actually, the pump now takes about 3 seconds to prime and now my shifts are instant. I also changed out the F1 Relay from 50 Amps to 70Amps as well as the 30Amp fuse to 50Amps.

I put together a DIY video to share with you guys here:

Hope someone here finds this helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
thanks i will order it
do you have Juri's phone number please
you can text it to me 516-695 4311
post #3 of 6 Old 07-20-2016, 06:51 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 333
Upped the fuse , why?

Hi,
Read your post. Curious on why you upped the fuses. Fuses are suppose to blow to protect the electronics if too much current is coming through. By upping the fuse you are allowing more amperage to pass through which could potentially damage the electronics, right? Clarification would be appreciated.

--thanks
--kim

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,

post #4 of 6 Old 07-20-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by efg2014 View Post
Hi,
Read your post. Curious on why you upped the fuses. Fuses are suppose to blow to protect the electronics if too much current is coming through. By upping the fuse you are allowing more amperage to pass through which could potentially damage the electronics, right? Clarification would be appreciated.

--thanks
--kim
Hi, the "electronics" such has TCU, is not even exposed to high AMP current. The TCU controls the F1 relay ON/Off switch, which is always 12V, but only a very low amperage is used by the relay coil. When the relay is "ON", it conducts 12V DC high current to the pump motor, which has a 64AMP maximum. Therefore, the fuse for that high current should be no less than 50AMPs.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 109
Hello Isidro,

You have done a marvelous job putting together this instructional video. Thank you very much !!!

Your explanations of why you have upgraded the F1 relay and fuse to match the higher current requirements of the new, more powerful motor are also correct.

Also, for additional information and pictures I recommend to read my other related thread:
F1 pump motor NEW model

Last edited by jgelovani; 07-20-2016 at 05:19 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 109
For those who prefers the stock-motor equipped F1 pump, here is an opportunity to get one:
F1 Pump Ferrari part: 214267, 248083, 248087 Magneti Marelli | eBay

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode