F430 F1 pump motor NEW model - Page 4 - Ferrari Life
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 Old 07-23-2016, 09:47 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgelovani View Post
No mechanical failures can be even theorized considering the relatively small % of increased torque and RPM at pressures, especially below 100Bar.
Great, thanks for the info. I'll order the parts off EBay and give it try.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 08-15-2016, 05:28 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
I really implresses your knowledge. My question is thst where can i get the modified and new f1 pump. I do not wantto replace with potential failure. Could you please advise to get it for my F430 spyder???
post #63 of 74 Old 08-15-2016, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 113
Hello,
You can send a Private Message to me with your email address and I will send you anb invoice via PayPal.
Kind regards,
Juri.

post #64 of 74 Old 08-16-2016, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Owner

GOOD NEWS !

Now, FerrParts is also selling my F1 pumps:
Ferrari 430 F1 Pump Electric Larger Updated Version Part 214267 | eBay

Although FerrParts prices are higher, the fact that they became distributors of my products speaks volumes about quality!

Thank you, FerrParts !
post #65 of 74 Old 08-23-2016, 02:32 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 17
Quote:
GOOD NEWS !

Now, FerrParts is also selling my F1 pumps:
Ferrari 430 F1 Pump Electric Larger Updated Version Part 214267 | eBay

Although FerrParts prices are higher, the fact that they became distributors of my products speaks volumes about quality!

Thank you, FerrParts !

Congrats Juri! Quality product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #66 of 74 Old 01-16-2017, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Owner

After more than 2 years of R&D, the newest model of F1 Pump for Ferrari 430F1 is finally ready for distribution !

The new hydraulic gear pump head (Marzocchi, Italy) pushes out 0.38 ml/revolution, which is 58% more than the stock pump head (Magneti Marelli, Italy) that pushes out 0.24 ml/revolution. Higher output of this pump head significantly reduces pump cycle and allows for more frequent and more efficient gear shifting, which is especially important when racing. Another option is a smaller hydraulic gear pump head (Marzocchi, Italy), that pushes out 0.26 ml/revolution, which is 8% more than the stock pump head (Magneti Marelli, Italy). The low pressure intake and high pressure output ports have the same diameters and thread sizes as the stock model.

The new F1 pump electric motor model is more reliable, more powerful (up to 63 Amp max), and better than original equipment specifications (*OES). Custom aluminum heat sink covers the whole body of electric motor, but several fins on the bottom/side have been trimmed off to accommodate hydraulic pipes passing underneath to enable the installation. This heat sink efficiently reduces operating temperature of this NEW pump. As the result of lower operating temperature, this pump draws less current (has lower operating amperage), as compared to old pump model. This F1 pump requires a more powerful 70 Amp relay (see my other item #252241534991) and a 50 Amp F1 fuse.

An aluminum adapter plate has 3 mounting holes for corrosion-resistant stainless steel screws that are provided for direct bolt-on replacement of the stock F1 pump. Electric harness connector is the same as in the stock model and is a direct fit.

These new F1 Pump models are offered on eBay for low introductory prices:
a) F1 pump with pump head output of 0.38 ml/rev = $699 = Ferrari F1 Pump UPGRADE 0.38 ml/rev Pump Head & Heat Sink: 214267 248083 248087 | eBay
b) F1 pump with pump head output of 0.26 ml/rev = $599 = Ferrari F1 Pump UPGRADE 0.26 ml/rev Pump Head & Heat Sink: 214267 248083 248087 | eBay
Attached Images

Last edited by jgelovani; 01-16-2017 at 04:17 PM.
post #67 of 74 Old 01-24-2017, 10:59 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,067
Exciting stuff. Just ordered mine! Thanks buddy for the R&D.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
post #68 of 74 Old 01-25-2017, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430Addict View Post
Exciting stuff. Just ordered mine! Thanks buddy for the R&D.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Thank you for the order. I will ship today, ASAP.
Juri.
430Addict likes this.
post #69 of 74 Old 01-29-2017, 06:39 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
hi juri got a few questions:

I'm curious how would one replace the pump head? would the hydraulic lines need to be drained prior to removal?

what is the real world results of higher pump head output? any potential damage to existing components due to higher pressure/more fluid?

when you say its a new model, is the electric motor itself new and different than the previous ones you were selling? or its the same motor?
post #70 of 74 Old 01-29-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Thank you for the order. I will ship today, ASAP.
Juri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph12 View Post
hi juri got a few questions:

I'm curious how would one replace the pump head? would the hydraulic lines need to be drained prior to removal?

what is the real world results of higher pump head output? any potential damage to existing components due to higher pressure/more fluid?

when you say its a new model, is the electric motor itself new and different than the previous ones you were selling? or its the same motor?
Hello,

To replace the stock pump head (Magneti Marelli) with these new pump heads (designed by Marzocchi) you need to add a 2 mm thick aluminum gasket between the mounting plate and the new pump head, because the centering lip and the shaft are 2 mm longer in Marzocchi models than the stock model (from Magneti Marelli). I am in the process of mass-producing those aluminum gaskets and will start offering those soon.

Q1: what is the real world results of higher pump head output?
The "real world results" of a pump head with higher output volume is that the duration of pumping cycle needed to reach a certain pressure is shorter by a factor F that equals the ratio of pump outputs (F = 0.38 ml/rev : 0.24 ml/rev = 1.58). In other words, the pump head with larger output volume/revolution will achieve the required pressure 1.58 times faster.

Q2: any potential damage to existing components due to higher pressure/more fluid?
The pump head does not generate higher pressure, it simply allows to reach the set point operational pressure faster and there is no potential damage to other components of F1 hydraulic system. This is because hydraulic fluid pressure inside pressure accumulator is measured continuously by a dedicated pressure sensor connected to TCU. When hydraulic fluid pressure reaches the set point operational pressure, TCU shuts off the F1 pump motor.

Q3: when you say its a new model, is the electric motor itself new and different than the previous ones you were selling? or its the same motor?
The electric motor is the same, but the mounting plate for the new hydraulic gear pump heads is different. These new pump heads are originally designed by Marzocchi and their centering lip and shaft are 2 mm longer than those in stock pump heads from Magneti Marelli. Therefore, the mounting plate is 2 mm thicker and the centering cavity depth is 2 mm deeper to enable proper coupling of the pump head and electric motor shafts. So, if you want to upgrade the pump head for the motor and mounting plate you purchased from me before, you will need an additional 2 mm aluminum gasket, which I will be offering soon.

If you have additional questions, let me know.

Juri
Attached Images

post #71 of 74 Old 02-05-2017, 11:09 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
follow up

I asked a few more questions via email with Juri and purchased just the motor and relay.

I previously had intermittent F1 issue coming off neutral at a stop light. sometimes, depending on angle of the hill, or how hot the car is, etc...the F1 will take forever to shift from neutral to 1st gear. its embarrassing being stuck at the light and then cars behind you are honking and the f1 finally kicks in.

I installed the new f1 motor today and i notice the shift difference right away. the new motor is quieter than factory, and it feels the shift is more crisp with even fewer hesitation.

I am very happy with the purchase from Juri. the install process is not hard its just a tight space with hard angle to work with.
jgelovani likes this.
post #72 of 74 Old 02-17-2017, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Owner

I am glad to hear that you like the performance of this new motor.
Thank you for your feedback!
Juri
post #73 of 74 Old 02-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 133
Quote:
I am glad to hear that you like the performance of this new motor.
Thank you for your feedback!
Juri
Ciao Juri,
My compliments for the great job , I imagine the time and money necessary for the developing during the two year ...
Best regards
Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: info@fiammenghiengineering.it
post #74 of 74 Old 03-17-2017, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

For those who prefer a stock motor-equipped F1 pump, here is an opportunity to get one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252770049808

Last edited by jgelovani; 03-18-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode