360 Fuel system additive cleaner - Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life Ferrari Forum Ferrari Owners Modern V8s: 360, F430 ::

360 Fuel system additive cleaner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #1

Ferrari Life Posts: 53
Default Fuel system additive cleaner

On another thread I asked about a CEL and it was recommended that I try a fuel cleaner called techron. I can't find it in Canada. Is there another alternative that would be as good? Has anyone used other products on their Ferrari's such as redline or gumount? Looking for a recommendation for a fuel system cleaner that someone has used on their car that has helped that I can buy in Canada.
GP360 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #2

Would redline s-1 be comparable? I can purchase that locally.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #3
Owner
Sponsor
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 534
Name: David Feinberg

Historically, Red Line has made/continues to make great products. Also, BG makes some great products. Their fuel cleaner is BG44K, which has a great reputation. This product is available in Canada. Everything else, in my opinion, just snake oil. Nothing beats pulling the injectors and having them ultrasonically cleaned, though.

Ferrari Service of Bedford, LLC
Bedford, NH 03110
www.fluentinferrari.com
**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
service@fluentinferrari.com
David @ FluentInFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #4

Thanks David. Are you saying that I can't go wrong with the Redline or the BG. I appreciate your response to my first post.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP360 View Post
On another thread I asked about a CEL and it was recommended that I try a fuel cleaner called techron. I can't find it in Canada. Is there another alternative that would be as good? Has anyone used other products on their Ferrari's such as redline or gumount? Looking for a recommendation for a fuel system cleaner that someone has used on their car that has helped that I can buy in Canada.
fuel additives generally are preventative and not much good to reverse issues...

In the US there is a new product called Startron by Starbrite Corp, they make formulations for both gas and diesel... traditionally most cleaners are based on chemical reaction, Startron is an enzyme based product... I have used it on yard equipment to clear things up, it cleared up any problems I had... I have added it to cars as a preventative measure with low use but no issues.. I like the idea of enzymes doing the work of cleaning over chemical action... both technologies have their merits... give it a try, if available
fromage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Owner
Sponsor
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 534
Name: David Feinberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP360 View Post
Thanks David. Are you saying that I can't go wrong with the Redline or the BG. I appreciate your response to my first post.
Correct. Either product will work, but keep in mind that they are more of a ongoing maintenance product than a "big fix" for crappy injectors.

Ferrari Service of Bedford, LLC
Bedford, NH 03110
www.fluentinferrari.com
**An independent facility with no affiliation with Ferrari SpA**
service@fluentinferrari.com
David @ FluentInFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #7

The code reader gave me a reading of lean bank 1 and 2. The CEL is on and I want to see if the techron injector cleaner has an impact on this since it was recommended by a shop on this forum. The car is running well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ferrari Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.