F430 Clutch cost - Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life » Ferrari Forum » Ferrari Owners » Modern V8s: 360, F430 ::

F430 Clutch cost


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Owner
 
Pooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 198
Default Clutch cost

I was talking to dealer here in UAE. The Technician was saying a new clutch installation costs exactly 10.000 USD. Is that correct?! I got no issues yet. just curious to know
2007 F1 21000 Kms


F430 F1
Pooya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Owner
Elite Member
 
StefVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Switzerland
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,819
Name: Stef
Default

Ouf, 10K seem to be expensive. What do you think guys?
Pooya, you can check the parts prices on Ricambi's site. Changing the clutch/flywheel isn't a that difficult job as there is no need to remove entirely the gearbox, just slide it backwards.
StefVan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Owner
Elite Member
 
Falcon7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South NJ, FL450
Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Default

The number I heard is +- 5,000 US. Mine is in good shape, but this is the number I heard.

Best Regards-
Falcon7x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Owner
 
Pooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 198
Default

When I heared it I drove all the way back in manual mode.
Somebody give me his ferrari I want to Launch it and reverse on a ramp


F430 F1
Pooya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #5
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle
Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Name: John Lee
Default Cost

I am curious about the cost too, so please let us know what the price range of the f1 clutch replacement.
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Owner
 
Sled Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Federal Way, WA
Ferrari Life Posts: 29
Name: Emery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lee View Post
I am curious about the cost too, so please let us know what the price range of the f1 clutch replacement.
Give Mark or Rob a call @ Seattle Ferrari. They will give you a real estimate in "Seattle $".

Plus, not all clutch jobs are the same. Some just need to replace the pressure plate , disc & throw out bearing. Others include a flywheel resurface or replacement. So to "guess" how much is ridiculous.

Why people fret over maintenance cost is beyond me. It’s not like your going to “need” a new clutch every other year. Man up or sell the damn thing.......




"Political Correctness"

A doctrine, fostered by the minority, promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.
Sled Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Owner
Elite Member
 
Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern California
Ferrari Life Posts: 1,725
Name: Brian Crall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled Driver View Post
Give Mark or Rob a call @ Seattle Ferrari. They will give you a real estimate in "Seattle $".

Plus, not all clutch jobs are the same. Some just need to replace the pressure plate , disc & throw out bearing. Others include a flywheel resurface or replacement. So to "guess" how much is ridiculous.

Why people fret over maintenance cost is beyond me. It’s not like your going to “need” a new clutch every other year. Man up or sell the damn thing.......




This is actually one of those situations where they are pretty much all the same. Of the few hundred I have done (including 360s) I have never seen one need a new flywheel. I know many dealers do install flywheels but I have also bought a few of those used flywheels on Ebay so I had some exchange units.

I have yet to see one that did not need resurfacing either. The flywheel warps into a bowl shape from normal use and installing a new clutch on that pretty much assures really poor clutch operation. I have a car here like that now. Poor guy is going to end up paying for another clutch job because after about $11,000 his clutch still doesn't work right.


In the US a clutch job done properly can range all over the place. People on the internet just do not seem to grasp our prices are based on our expenses and where I am located or a shop in New York City wil cost more than a shop round back of the trailer park in Alabama. To suggest I might know how much a fair price is for a clutch job in the UAE is absurd.


To make matters worse when someone does give you guys a price that makes it the acceptable price from coast to coast. So when I say it costs $7500 and that guy in Alabama and his customers read it he's going to start charging it and his clients will be getting screwed. If he says it's $3500 my clients want to argue they can get it done anywhere for $3500.

If all you guys would quit price shopping I promise you will like your cars and your life better.

Pick the right person and the price will be right too.

Pick a price and I garanfuckintee you it will be a shit job.

Last edited by Brian; 05-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
Owner
Elite Member
 
Falcon7x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South NJ, FL450
Ferrari Life Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
This is actually one of those situations where they are pretty much all the same. Of the few hundred I have done (including 360s) I have never seen one need a new flywheel. I know many dealers do install flywheels but I have also bought a few of those used flywheels on Ebay so I had some exchange units.

I have yet to see one that did not need resurfacing either. The flywheel warps into a bowl shape from normal use and installing a new clutch on that pretty much assures really poor clutch operation. I have a car here like that now. Poor guy is going to end up paying for another clutch job because after about $11,000 his clutch still doesn't work right.


In the US a clutch job done properly can range all over the place. People on the internet just do not seem to grasp our prices are based on our expenses and where I am located or a shop in New York City wil cost more than a shop round back of the trailer park in Alabama. To suggest I might know how much a fair price is for a clutch job in the UAE is absurd.


To make matters worse when someone does give you guys a price that makes it the acceptable price from coast to coast. So when I say it costs $7500 and that guy in Alabama and his customers read it he's going to start charging it and his clients will be getting screwed. If he says it's $3500 my clients want to argue they can get it done anywhere for $3500.

If all you guys would quit price shopping I promise you will like your cars and your life better.

Pick the right person and the price will be right too.

Pick a price and I garanfuckintee you it will be a shit job.
Thank you! The voice of reason!
Falcon7x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #9
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle
Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Name: John Lee
Default

As you said, I will talk to the mechanic guys at the Ferrari and Maserati of seattle. The only reason I was wondering about the price was because I am a first time driver of a ferrari. buhahah I basically haven't done any service, so I was just wondering. I went to the dealer last week and they said just a basic check is approx. $750.00, oil change $450, timing belt $7000 and some fluid jobs for another $1200. That does not mean I "only" need to spend approx. $10,000 but further after the $750 check procedure.

I also found out that there is a guy, who worked as a main mechanic at the ferrari for 7 yrs, have a ferrari and Maserati repair shop in Bellevue.

As the other person said, I am not gonna search for the cheapest one, but still wanna know that I am spending my money correctly. I will either go to the ferrari and Maserati of Seattle or the one in Bellevue.

Again, I really appreciate your tips Sled Driver and nice to know you are also in Federal Way where I live too yay!! I might ask you more questions regarding 360 Modena since I am a noob
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
Owner
Elite Member
 
tazandjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Ferrari Life Posts: 10,209
Name: Terry H Phillips
Default

John- Brian's advice is sound, but at least one of your numbers is out of whack, and that is the price for a cambelt change. On the 360, the belts are changed from the inside of the passenger compartment through an access panel. In general, the price is much less than the $7K mentioned, unless it is combined with a lot of other work.


Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
Owner
 
Pooya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Ferrari Life Posts: 198
Default

Can you guys call your dealers and ask for a clutch change without details? they usually must give a range . 4000$ ? 6000$? 7000$ 8000$ or 9000$ +


F430 F1
Pooya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Owner
 
Sled Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Federal Way, WA
Ferrari Life Posts: 29
Name: Emery
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lee View Post
As you said, I will talk to the mechanic guys at the Ferrari and Maserati of seattle. I went to the dealer last week and they said just a basic check is approx. $750.00, oil change $450, timing belt $7000 and some fluid jobs for another $1200. That does not mean I "only" need to spend approx. $10,000 but further after the $750 check procedure.


Again, I really appreciate your tips Sled Driver and nice to know you are also in Federal Way where I live too yay!! I might ask you more questions regarding 360 Modena since I am a noob
John,

I had the 3 year annual (cam belt +) service done this past winter by Seattle Ferrari. The price is closer to $4K, not $7K.

Like Brian stated, find a person or shop, your comfortable with & price be damned. You get what you pay for.

I have had exceptional service with reasonable prices at Seattle Ferrari. If someone gives you the “deal of the century” they usually cut corners or do the bare minimum of service requested.

Piece of mind is priceless to me, plus Seattle Ferrari (all certified Ferrari Dealer's ) stand behind their work with a two year warranty from FNA


"Political Correctness"

A doctrine, fostered by the minority, promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

Last edited by Sled Driver; 05-03-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Sled Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle
Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Name: John Lee
Default Hi tazandjan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
John- Brian's advice is sound, but at least one of your numbers is out of whack, and that is the price for a cambelt change. On the 360, the belts are changed from the inside of the passenger compartment through an access panel. In general, the price is much less than the $7K mentioned, unless it is combined with a lot of other work.
I see. Thanks for the correction on the price of cambelt change
I will double check on that and try to learn more of 360 modena which I love soooo much
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #14
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle
Ferrari Life Posts: 4
Name: John Lee
Default Hi Sled Driver,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sled Driver View Post
John,

I had the 3 year annual (cam belt +) service done this past winter by Seattle Ferrari. The price is closer to $4K, not $7K.

Like Brian stated, find a person or shop, your comfortable with & price be damned. You get what you pay for.

I have had exceptional service with reasonable prices at Seattle Ferrari. If someone gives you the “deal of the century” they usually cut corners or do the bare minimum of service requested.

Piece of mind is priceless to me, plus Seattle Ferrari (all certified Ferrari Dealer's ) stand behind their work with a two year warranty from FNA

That totally make sense and really appreciate the info. regarding cam belt. 2yr warranty is great, so I should go for the Ferrari of Seattle

I am soooo glad that I joined this forum!
John Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ferrari Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



http://www.carid.com/ http://www.carid.com/custom-wheels.html http://www.carid.com/ferrari-parts/ http://www.carid.com/tires.html http://www.carid.com/covercraft/
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:12 PM.