F430 Texa Navigator Diagnostic system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,778
Name: Stef
Default Texa Navigator Diagnostic system

This subject has been started a bit here http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/16218-diy-device-testing-purging-2.html and there http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/trs-testarossa-f512m/15850-scanner.html

So I thought it was time to update myself on this subject after having tested a previous IDC3 version some time ago. So, here are my findings and information I got from different sources.

The following Ferrari models are supported, only though the option Supercar software version :

575M
599 GTB
F430
F430 Challenge

Regarding the 360, the following main operations are supported (not all are listed here):

Clutch/Gearbox: autolearn, actuator centring, PIS, Actuator/Clutch bleeding, clutch wear reading, engaged gear check, electro valves checks,

Brakes : actuator test, bleeding

Engine : injector tests, Lambda, fuel pumps, exhaust bypass valves

A/C

On the F430, many operations are supported for : ABS, Airbag, Alarm, F1, E-Diff, Steering wheel, Immobiliser, Engine, Dashboard, Suspension Skyhook

Including are CCM pad/disk change reset, steering angle adjustment, PIS, brake type, keys coding, manettino tests and many others I will enumerate in details later.

For the F430, it seems that the electric schematics are also included!!!

Now, regarding the Navigator TXT and TXC, there is no need to buy the TXT which is much more expensive as it supports also bikes and trucks. The TXC is perfect to diagnose the above Ferrari models. Very important fresh news : the very new TXC now supports several diagnostic cables (just like the TXT). The previous TXC had a pre-cabled OBD-II J1962 cable which couldn’t be removed. In the new version, there is now a connector instead so that other diagnostics cables can be connected. Make sure you get the lastest TXC

Different software versions can be bought with the Navigator TXC : IDC4 Light or IDC4 Plus. Unless you want to diagnose other cars than Ferraris, the IDC4 Light provided by default with the TXC is good enough. The IDC4 Plus gives more information about “normal” cars mechanical details and electronic schematics.

To work on the above Ferraris, you’ll have to buy the optional Supercar software which is quite expensive. The Supercar software option supports also the following cars :

Lambo
Gallardo
Murcielago

Maserati
Coupé
Quattoporte
Spyder

Morgan
Aero8

Pagani
Zonda C12
Zonda C12s
Zonda F

Porsche
996 Carrera, GT2, GT3, Turbo
997 Carrera, S, Turbo, GT2, GT2RS, GT3
Boxster
Carrera GT
Cayenne
Cayenne 9PA
Cayman
Panamera

I received several offers having all different prices. I took me a while to sort out what is included and what’s not. As I wrote before, the default package Navigator TXC version 45.0.2– IDC4 Light is what you need. If you don’t need the annual sofware upgrade and helpdesk support, you’ll save also a good 1000$. You can always buy a software upgrade when needed for a reasonable price of 150$ each. The Bluetooth antenna is also an option (200$) and is quite indispensable unless you’re happy with the USB cable between the Navigator TXC and your laptop.

The only way to find out what really the TXC can do on the F430 is....to buy it . That’s what I did and I’m waiting now for the delivery. To be entirely transparent, the costs were as follows (based on CHF excluding VAT) :

Navigator TXC + OBD-II cable + USB cable + software IDC4 Light + Bluetooth antenna : 2.500CHF - 2.750$

Supercar software option : 1.200CHF – 1.330$

I’ll write a full report once I’ve received the TXC. I’m already quite confident about it’s capacities especially at such total price (4000$) and compared to a 30.000$ SD3 or 20.000$ Leonardo, considering that this TXC will support also many other “normal” cars and other Supercars.

More to come
StefVan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 9,988
Name: Terry H Phillips

Stef- That is pretty exciting. Look forward to seeing more. I could never open the data package I was sent, so still pretty clueless on the system.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
tazandjan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 50
Name: Eric

Wow, that's great news !!
The tool looks attractive but I was a bit reluctant and incredulous it can cover all those cars with some very interesting features.
Now that Stef is on, by far our best guinea pig , I can't wait for the results.

One thing which worries me a bit, is that there is no distinction between the different MY for the 360, while the TCU software for exemple has evolved a lot, and the CS is not mentionned (a pity now that I have such a TCU in my car ). Will see ...

Thank you Stef for you future feedback!
eric355 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Owner
Elite Member

Thanks Terry & Eric Hopefully, even if the TCU hardware & software has evolved through the different MY of the 360, I hope that the exposed firmware methods/requests remained identical so that the Texa device can address any TCU to execute the different operations. Only ground experience will really tell.

Still one good week to wait before I can have the device in my hands That will be very interesting as I have already a couple of new ideas...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 AM   #5

Ferrari Life Posts: 1
Name: Serkan Ozsavasci
Default sorry

Hi all

My Name is Serkan a Ferrari Tech in Istanbul Ferrari Maserati Lamborghini Aston Martin Bentley Servisi

after my research with TEXA that what I have found:

1) Please load the EXE.
2) Use: ENGLISH (UNITED KINGDOM)
3) Diagnostic Coverage List
4) Open Supercar

TEXA_CAR_4500.zip

You have access to sum Node's but not all...

ST5 is still batter you pay 13500€ but have a %99 access tool

The new Maserati Tool is made by TEXA/ TEXA 's a gread tool but not ready for Gran Turismo cars.

gtservisistanbul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
Owner
Elite Member

Hi Serkan, welcome to Ferrari Life

Thank you very much for your input. I fully agree with you that the Texa is not replacing the ST05 or SDx but such expensive tools cannot be considered by most of the owners. That's why the Texa comes in at a more reasonable price and is supposed to do most of the critical operations/diagnostics expected by DIY'ers or for owners who are far away from a dealer.

There are still 2 other open options : the Durametric tool (Modena Technic) which will hopefully be launched one day on the market and should reasonably priced, and the Leonardo individual owner version which isn't yet clearly defined in terms of supported operations/price.

I know that the Granturismo isn't supported yet by the Texa but should be in a next release (I'm waiting for it )
Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Owner
Elite Member

Some quick update I received eventually the Navigator TXC

It came in rather a big box and was very well packed. The box contains several books, CD’s, diagnostic cable, USB cable and of course the TXC. The box contained also a very robust case where everything can be stored.

Name:  IMG_0914R.jpg
Views: 3390
Size:  40.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0915R.jpg
Views: 4589
Size:  45.2 KB

As I wrote before, the new TXC hardware version has now a diagnostic connector just like the TXT. Now different diagnostic cables can be connected. The previous TXC had only a hardwired J1962 OBD diagnostic cable.

Name:  IMG_0916R.jpg
Views: 3732
Size:  50.1 KB

More to come with some detailed info regarding the supported functions of the TXC...
Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Owner

I can't wait to read your comments ...
Thanks Stef.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Owner
Elite Member

Stef, Eric- Me, too. Was looking forward to Duram and his diagnostic tool, but that seems to have died.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,651
Name: John

+3

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
cribbj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Owner
Elite Member

Some more update

The TXC and the IDC4 software is rather well protected. To install and run the IDC4 software, you will need to use the provided protection USB key as shown on the picture below. It does come also with it’s own Bluetooth USB device. When the software is installed, you will have to choose the interface language. Fortunately, the English version is very well translated.

Name:  IMG_0918R.jpg
Views: 3760
Size:  138.4 KB

But that’s not all. The software, IDC4, must be activated with a “counter activation code” and this activation is language dependant (so it’s important to choose the right language). Only the Texa retailer where you made your purchase can provide you this activation code. Once activated, depending on the options you bought, the software will update itself. The IDC4 software will get all your licence details online so you need an Internet connection. If you bought the SuperCar licence, once the activation done, it will be automatically added to the default IDC4 Light version. Don’t be surprised to not find anything about the SuperCar licence in the box, it’s all done online and Texa is managing all the details of your contract.

It’s still not the end . Once the software is working and you want to connect the TXC to your car (or K/Can Bus test bench), you’ll receive another activation request. Yes, the hardware must also be activated with a code that must be provided by your Texa retailer.

Name:  TXC Activation Code Request.jpg
Views: 3457
Size:  37.2 KB

Now we are ready to go! Just be aware of these steps if you decide to purchase this solution, and you can’t do anything without the Texa vendor (choose a good one...).

Once the software is installed, it will recommend you to be updated to the latest version as well as the TXC firmware.

So what’s exactly the new version of the TXC :

It can be used to diagnose Cars, Commercial Vehicules, motorbikes and SuperCars.

There is no power supply as the power is provided through the OBDII cable (12/24VDC). Although, as an option, several power supply options are available including a cigarette lighter cable.

By default, the TXC will communicate through Bluetooth Class 1-30 meters (make sure your TXC is delivered with the optional antenna...) but you can connect it also with the provided USB cable.

The provided diagnostic cable is a DSUB-26 HD ISO 22900-1 standard cable with a J1962 OBDII connector. The cable is a very professional cable and is entirely shielded. To be able to communicate with the numerous Ferrari discretionary K/L diagnostic lines wired on the OBD connector, the TXC has a 2-ways / 13 independent positions switch.

The TXC uses a Cortex M3 processor of type of STM32F103ZG, running at 72Mhz and has 1024 Kb Flash and 96Kb SRAM. The external SRAM memory is 8Mb (512 Kbx16bits) and the internal PSRAM memory is 128 Mb (8Mb x 16bits). There is also a NAND Flash external memory of 132 Mb on a 8bits bus.

The PV connector is a control unit reprogramming power supply as required by the SAE J2534 protocol.

Supported protocols :

- Blink Codes (TXC specific 3 LED’s management)
- K, L, ISO 9141-2, ISO 14230 (with 100mA current protection)
- CAN ISO11898, ISO 11519-2
- SAE J1850 PWM
- SAE J1850 VPW
- SAE J2534-1

Power consumption at 12V : 25mA typical

As I mentioned before, not only the TXC will be able to diagnostic the Super Cars but as a default, you have access to most of the other brands. I had a look to the BMW section for instance and all the E90/E92 Ecu’s are covered!

Several Motronic Wiring diagrams are provided for each covered Ferrari model. These diagrams are entirely interactive and very well done. But it doesn't replace the complete wiring diagrams of the WSM's. A nice to have and handy as it is integrated in the IDC4 software (sorry for bluring the pinouts-don't want to mess with copyrights).

Name:  Motronic Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views: 5968
Size:  66.7 KB

What’s next? Well, the most important part I will compile a very detailed matrix containing for each Ferrari model, all the supported operations. And the list is very long as I've been through each of them for each Ferrari model...More to come soon

Name:  IMG_0919R.jpg
Views: 3274
Size:  42.2 KB
Old 03-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Owner
Elite Member

PS:
And yes, as I wrote somewhere before, the TXC can be used to reflash ECU's...there is even a software tool provided with IDC4 to do that
Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
Owner
Elite Member

Stef- If that is the case, us amateurs will have the chance to really mess up our cars.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Old 03-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
Owner
Elite Member

No worries Terry, you'll need to use a specific tool to reflash an ECU. Of course, someone who has a bin file and doesn't know what he's doing can potentially mess up his ECU's. But you can also damage your car just with the diagnostic tool when for instance you start the engine and start playing with the injectors opening time...Such tools are for independent shops or for those who have a good knowledge of their car and want a minimum freedom
Old 03-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
Owner

thanks Stef.

That looks a serious tool ...
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #16
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,651
Name: John

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric355 View Post
thanks Stef.

That looks a serious tool ...
Definitely; it looks like the next major might get put off awhile longer. I am such a sucker for new toys like this

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
cribbj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Owner
Elite Member

OK, here we go for the details (good that I'm typing quite fast because the lists are long and no way to copy/paste the info from IDC4 )

For the moment, here are the details for the F360 and F430. I'll post also those for the 575M, 599GTB and 612.

Also coverved by the SuperCar licence : 360 Spider, 430 Spider and 430 Challenge

The section "Self Diagnosis" contains many parameters which you can see only when the TXC is connected to the car, so I can't post them here. But here are a couple of screen shots:
Attached Images

Last edited by StefVan; 03-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #18
Owner
Elite Member

Default F360 Details

Self Diagnosis on the following supported ECU’s :

ABS : Bosch ABS/ASR 5.3
F1 : Marelli >2004 / <2004
Motronic : Left and Right ME 7.3 + Full EOBD support

On each ECU under Self-Diagnosis, many operations can be done:
Parameters, Faults, Status, Ecu Info, Activation, Settings

Vehicule Maintenance

Brakes:
Actuator static test
Bleed

Engine:
Motorized throttle adaptive values reset
Reset of all adaptive values

Transmission/Clutch:
Actuator centering
Actuator drain
Clutch actuator purge
Clutch bleeding
Engagement/selection actuators drainage
Self-learning
Slipping start position script

Adjustments and Coding

Transmission/Clutch:
Clutch configuration
Degradation index
PIS (set start slipping position)

Activation Tests

Brakes:
ASR solenoid valve
Front left solenoid valve
Front right solenoid valve
Pump motor
Rear left solenoid valve
Rear right solenoid valve

Engine:
Camshaft check
Canister washing and lambda check disabling
Canister washing disabling
Canister washing value
Compensation between banks
Exhaust bypass valve
Front oxygen sensor heating
Fuel pump relay
HVAC system compressor relay
Injector 1 - 8
Injector 1 - 8 switch off
Lambda check disabling
Modular Intake manifolds
MY2000 anti-evaporation system seal check
MY2000 secondary air valve
Rear oxygen sensor heating
Secondary air pump (MY2000)
Slow down lamp

Instrument panel/Display/Driver Info:
Revolution counter test

Transmission/Clutch:
Engagement strokes control
Gear 1 – 6 engagement
Neutral gear engagement
Revers gear engagement
Old 03-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #19
Owner
Elite Member

Default F430 details

Self Diagnosis on the following supported ECU’s :

ABS: Bosch
Airbag: TRW
Alarm: Meta System
F1 : Marelli
E-Diff
Immobilizer: Bosch
Instrument panel: Digitek
Motronic : Left and Right ME + Full EOBD support
Steering wheel electronics: Digitek
Suspension: Sachs Skyhook

On each ECU under Self-Diagnosis, many operations can be done:
Parameters, Faults, Status, Ecu Info, Activation, Settings

Vehicule Maintenance

Brakes:
Bleed

Engine:
Motorized throttle adaptive values reset

Quick service:
Disk wear zero setting

Steering and steering column:
Steering angle calibration

Transmission/Clutch:
Actuator centering
Clutch actuator purge
Differential purge
Engagement/selection actuators drainage
Self-learing

Adjustments and Coding

Brakes:
Brakes

ECU Replacement/coding:
Country
Driver side
Fuel
NQS (instrument panel node) km update
Spider version
Temperature unit of measurement
Transmission

Brakes
Clock format
Country
Distance unit of measurement
NQS (instrument panel node) km update
Oil pressure sensor
Oil temperature
Temperature unit of measurement
TPMS option

LEDS/warning lights/audible warnings:
Arabic buzzer
Belt beeper
Door and key inserted buzzer
SIL lamp (gear shift warning lamp)
Transmission/Clutch:
Clutch configuration
Degradation index
PIS (set start slipping position)

Tyres:
TPMS option

Activation Tests

Brakes:
Front left charge and discharge solenoid valves (SFLR/SFLH)
Front right charge and discharge solenoid valves (SFRR/SFRH)
MSP: primary valve and rear left wheel pilot
MSP: primary valve and rear right wheel pilot
Pump
Front left charge and discharge solenoid valves
Front right charge and discharge solenoid valves
Rear right solenoid valve
System pressure discharge

Comfort/Passenger Compartment:
Boot control output
Boot door lock control
Courtesy light control
Wiper reset control

Doors:
Boot unlock
Door lock
Door unlock

Engine (where is bank 2, injectors 5-8???):
Camshaft control intake valve bank 1
Canister washing and lambda check disabling
Canister washing disabling
Canister washing valve
Cooling fan 1
Exhaust bypass valve
Front lambda 1 heating
Fuel pump relay 1
Fuel pump relay 2
Injector 1 – 4
Injector 1 – 4 switch off
Intake ducts changes
Lambda check disabling
Rear lambda 1 heating
Slow down lamp

All segment multi-lamp off
Back lighting average level with lights on
Back lighting high level with lights on
Back lighting minimum level with lights on
Battery voltage
Coolant temperature indicator
Engaged gear LCD display back lighting
Engine rpm
Fuel gauge
Fuel indicator
Fuel level (all segments off)
Gearbox LCD display – all segments ON
Gearbox LCD display – all segments OFF
Gearbox LCD display – AUTO segment
Gearbox LCD display – central horizontal segment
Gearbox LCD display – DOWN internal arrow segment
Gearbox LCD display – high horizontal segment
Gearbox LCD display – left low vertical segment
Gearbox LCD display – low horizontal segment
Gearbox LCD display – right low vertical segment
Gearbox LCD display – UP internal arrow segment
Gearbox LCD display – vertical segments at the top right
Odometer LCD display – all the segments OFF
Odometer LCD display – central horizontal segment
Odometer LCD display – horizontal segment on top
Odometer LCD display – left high vertical segment
Odometer LCD display – all segments ON
Odometer LCD display – left low vertical segment
Odometer LCD display – low horizontal segment
Odometer LCD display – UP internal arrow segment
Odometer LCD display – vertical segment at the low right
Odometer LCD display – vertical segment at the top right
Odometer LCD display and fuel gauge LCD display back lighting
Oil pressure indicator
Oil temperature indicator
Outside temperature
Pointer backlight
Pump symbol and scale divisions
Revolution counter test
Speedometer
Transmission LCD display – external DOWN arrow segment
Transmission LCD display – external UP arrow segment
Transmission LCD display – left high vertical segment

Keys-Remote Controls-Antitheft:
Events deletion
Peripheral check

LEDs/warning lights/audible warnings:
(ESP system OFF) red LED NO CST
ABS
Alternator light
Brake system failure lamp
Check Engine warning light
CST barred lamp
Engine coolant excessive temperature warning lamp
Excessive oil temperature warning lamp
High beam lights
ICE position LED
Ice warning light
Immobilizer light
Indicators warning light
Insufficient oil pressure light
LED normal position
LED on
LED race position
LED sport position
MIL
Multi-warning light in amber chessboard mode
Multi-warning light in green chessboard mode
Multi-warning light in red chessboard mode
Park light indicator
Parking brake light
Parking lights indicator light
Rear fog light indicator
Rear window defogger light
Ring gear LED 0, LED 1, LED 2, LED 2, LED 4
Transmission failure light
Unfastened safety belt lamp

Lights/Headlights/Direction indicator lights:
Direction indicator lights activation
Hazard light check
Headlight activation
Rear fog light control

Ride Height Adjustment/Suspensions:
Front left solenoid valve
Front right solenoid valve
Rear left solenoid valve
Rear right solenoid valve (?missing)

Steering and steering column:
(ESP system OFF) Manettino dial NO CST
Backlight
Backlighting level
Down key
Enter key
Manettino dial ICE
Manettino dial normal
Manettino dial race
Manettino dial sport
Spiral cable (ESP system OFF) NO CST output
UP key

Transmission/Clutch:
Engagement strokes control
Gear engagement 1 – 6
Neutral engagement
Revers gear engagement

Windows/Windscreens/Mirrors:
Rear window defogger control
Wiper timer control
Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #20
Owner
Elite Member

Stef- That is a pretty comprehensive list. Someone who worked for the folks that made the SD3 must have gone to work for these folks.

Kind of shows you what an SD2 or SD3 without the Ferrari premium should cost.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Last edited by tazandjan; 03-23-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Ferrari Life » Ferrari Forum » Ferrari Owners » Modern V8s: 360, F430 » F430 Texa Navigator Diagnostic system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ferrari Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.