1st time Ferrari buyer-NEW car help, please - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-18-2016, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 3
1st time Ferrari buyer-NEW car help, please

This is my first post on this forum.
I'm an older gentleman, who has owned many new cars over the years, but am just now considering my first Ferrari. I want to order a California T. Nothing too special, a pretty common car, but I want it the way I want it, so I think I'll need to order it. Question: Are these cars sold at MSRP? Over MSRP? Or, can you get a discount? If so, any ideas as to what I should shoot for?
Second question: This car will be used to drive up and down the coast in Orange County, CA on nice, sunny days. I long ago lost my infatuation with driving aggressively or much over the speed limit. With this in mind, is there ANY reason to even consider the Magnetic suspension upgrade? Does it offer any additional comfort over the standard suspension, or is it just for folks looking for a sportier ride?
So why am I thinking Ferrari and not, let's say a Bentley Continental convertible? I just love the looks of the California T, my wife likes the idea, I think it will be fun and I'm not getting any younger. It's probably now or never.
Thanks in advance for your constructive comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-18-2016, 04:10 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 3,149
Welcome to the forum Zephyr.

My wife and I drove a Cali T around Modena for a day and it was an absolutely lovely GT.
The one we had did not have the optional suspension, and I can't imagine needing or wanting it.

I grew up in OC and was stationed in San Diego for nearly 20 years.
The T would be a very pleasant way to travel up and down PCH.

Of all the narcissists I know, I love me the most.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-19-2016, 01:59 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaZephyr View Post
This is my first post on this forum.
I'm an older gentleman, who has owned many new cars over the years, but am just now considering my first Ferrari. I want to order a California T. Nothing too special, a pretty common car, but I want it the way I want it, so I think I'll need to order it. Question: Are these cars sold at MSRP? Over MSRP? Or, can you get a discount? If so, any ideas as to what I should shoot for?
Second question: This car will be used to drive up and down the coast in Orange County, CA on nice, sunny days. I long ago lost my infatuation with driving aggressively or much over the speed limit. With this in mind, is there ANY reason to even consider the Magnetic suspension upgrade? Does it offer any additional comfort over the standard suspension, or is it just for folks looking for a sportier ride?
So why am I thinking Ferrari and not, let's say a Bentley Continental convertible? I just love the looks of the California T, my wife likes the idea, I think it will be fun and I'm not getting any younger. It's probably now or never.
Thanks in advance for your constructive comments.
I own a California T. Love it. I would get the magenride.

Personally there are so many super low mile California T's I would not order. Save some money. If you order you pay full price MSRP.

On car guru or DuPont registry search and fin many colors, many options and many variations of mileage.

It's really understanding all the options. There are a ton. So if two cars look the same you need to really know the value of each option. I spent 6 to 8 weeks researching, select 5 I liked, and started making offers below what was listed on the car sites.

Dealers will negotiate as well. I talked with several dealers that honestly tried to find me the right car.

I found a car with more options then I wanted and in the price range I wanted.

Carbon adds a lot to the price.

I bought my car in Feb. Can't drive a car in MN till late April. I have put over 5K on in about 5 months. It's fun to drive.

Last thing, I wrapped my car. Makes it easier to drive and not worry so much about rocks and chips.

Good luck finding the right California T.

post #4 of 11 Old 09-21-2016, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by good2go View Post
I own a California T. Love it. I would get the magenride.

Personally there are so many super low mile California T's I would not order. Save some money. If you order you pay full price MSRP.
Thanks for the info. WHY should I get "magenride?" Does it offer a smoother, softer ride?

Is that a fact, that all of these cars, when new, are sold at MSRP?
post #5 of 11 Old 09-21-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info. WHY should I get "magenride?" Does it offer a smoother, softer ride?

magneride - better suspension, better control. When in Sports mode you can turn on "bumpy road" which softens the ride.

If you order your going to pay full price. I'm sure there are some cases where its not full price, but you are ordering, they have no reason to reduce price. You can get a good price if someone else ordered and backed out after the car has been built. New car but not full price.

Do you have a dealer in your location? Talk with a dealer. I talked with about 5 different dealers, but we don't have a dealer in MN so I shopped the entire country for the right car.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-25-2016, 06:06 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Welcome CaliforniaZephyr, Good luck
post #7 of 11 Old 09-28-2016, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 PM
Sponsors
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 32
Welcome to the forum.

We have a large selection of exotic cars for sale on our website: Exotic Car List

I think you have the right idea with the Ferrari over the Bentley, good luck with your search.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-10-2016, 02:44 AM

Hi guys

I highly recommend you if you in Vegas to try Exotic Cars Vegas, They have a huge fleet of cars and you can try there all the new Ferrari models in a very decent prices I must say after you try them you can easily decide what to buy next, even worth the trip to Vegas for stuff like this.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-10-2016, 04:42 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGoldman View Post
Hi guys

I highly recommend you if you in Vegas to try Exotic Cars Vegas, They have a huge fleet of cars and you can try there all the new Ferrari models in a very decent prices I must say after you try them you can easily decide what to buy next, even worth the trip to Vegas for stuff like this.
Ummm, what is your relationship with Exotic Cars Vegas?

Your IP indicates you are in Tel Aviv, Israel, so with due respect, do you have any actual experience with this company you're recommending?

I would be careful with recommending anything here until you become more of a "known" entity. You only joined this forum yesterday and no one knows anything about you.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #11 of 11 Old 11-21-2016, 10:32 PM

My last trip to Vegas i came i cross this guys in exotic car rental, this is the only reason that i have recommended them here.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode