Beautiful 1995 F355 spider lacking service records - Page 2 - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 Old 08-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 929
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat robbins View Post
I am going to look at a very clean looking car this weekend. I have a highly recommended Ferrari mechanic who can perform a PPI. My question is, if this mechanic recommends that I do the full belt change and finds several other items that should be replaced, adjusted, and I do these, would I then be able to deem this car as sorted and sell it in the future where buyers would be comfortable feeling that it has been sorted with an acceptable service history?
I've read the whole thread to this point, all good answers. But why oh why are you buying a car and your first thought is what will the buyer I'm selling to think? Why not, what do I need to do to ensure that I'm going to have as much fun with a trouble-free 355 as possible?

Nuts!

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 08-24-2015, 06:03 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,816
Garage
Ok, I started a compression test tonight but had to hold off due to a weak battery ( I should have known better).

2 hours and the test is not done. Now, that includes cleaning the plug cover gaskets off the cam covers and plug covers along with some other tidying that goes with the territory. I expect another hour to finish the test and put everything back together.

I suppose I could have done a sloppy job in 2 hours.....

PPI in 2 hours? Not one I would ever want. Doing things right with care takes time.....
post #23 of 25 Old 09-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,816
Garage
Ok, I did a compession test tonight. Not rushing, nomal pace, no need to clean gaskets as I just did. 1 hour 15 minutes start to finish.

post #24 of 25 Old 09-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 863

I was considering a 355 at one point,,,Ferrari could have done a lot better with their build quality on this model, The interior is shit, it starts coming unglued and apart, the exhaust manifolds and valve guides were major problems on these cars,,I would make sure that these items have been corrected, and documented as well. They do look awesome,,with that being said,,PPI, by an experienced mechanic, is critical. Good Luck,,,
post #25 of 25 Old 11-07-2016, 03:09 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,714
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by duyencold View Post
If the car is solid and the price is right, don't lose to much sleep over the lack of records - just realize when you go to sell the potential buyer might want to perform more due diligence than if you had full records. five night at freddys 2
+1 I fall in there.

Italian Lover

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode