After a long period of being away from this forum, I decided to log in and check what's up.
I saw the PM CKRacing left in my inbox requesting an article and I can supply one or two
I will be wrapping up a major running-gear rebuild that I started back in December 2007 and this included:
- Replacing all suspension bushings on the A-Arms.
- Replacing all ball joints and tie-rod ends.
- Rebuilding the steering rack.
- Rebuilding all four Koni shock absorbers.
- Replacing the rear wheel bearings and crack-testing the stub-axles.
- Rebuilding the entire braking system (master cylinder, brake calipers, hoses, pipes, etc).
- Re-plating all hardware and brackets to their original finishes (Yellow and silver zinc).
- Not to mention, the timing belts are due (already! It's been seven years since I last did them!).
Needless to say, I have been able to accomplish all of the above myself (except for the crack-testing of the axles. I had a certified testing facility perform that. Thankfully they passed with flying colours. Otherwise big $$$ if they didn't...).
If some of the above have already been covered by other members elsewhere in this forum, let me know, otherwise, I can contribute any other procedure article.
I'm still in the midst of this rebuild so some of the above items are still ongoing, so once the project is complete, I'll gather up the photos and write an article. What format should it be in? Am I too late to contribute?