F430 Adjusting the Clutch Pedal (mechanical transmission) - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Ferrari Life Posts: 4
F430 Adjusting the Clutch Pedal (mechanical transmission)

Hello All,

In the F430 Workshop Manual in Section D3.02 It says and I quote "Adjusting the Clutch Pedal Travel (mechanical gearbox)" The only problem is; the rest of the page is totally blank and they never tell you how this is actually done. But why not? And there is no referral to another section for the explanation of how this should be accomplished.

My situation is that for the first half of the pedal's travel distance from the floor when fully depressed nothing happens as far as the clutch plate engaging with the fly wheel until the very end of the pedal's travel.

Having driven many a stick shift vehicle in the past, I know this is wrong and incorrect. And if I leave it this way I'm almost certain there will be slippage in the not too distant future, or am I wrong about this?

So, can anyone with an F430 who is part of that delightful club of manual 6 speed gated transmission owners, please inform me if I'm wrong, or either tell me where I can find the proper instructions for doing this, or explain to me just how this should be accomplished.

Additionally is there any adjustment to the clutch linkage which must be carried out underneath the vehicle?

I have done several Google searches for this and haven't been able to come up with a damn thing.

Surely someone with an F430 with a stick shift has dealt with this situation before.

Thank you for reading this, and I welcome all who care to be so kind as to reply!

johnfored
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,730
I am betting it is very similar to adjusting the 360 clutch pedal, and that section is filled in. My F430 WSMs also say "Being Prepared." Same section in the 360 manual, D3.02. Clutch was changed, but I doubt the pedals were. A quick glance at the parts catalogs confirms the 360 and F430 use exactly the same clutch pedal with the same adjustments.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-15-2017, 05:47 AM
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 40
Does anyone know where the clutch is supposed to catch. Is it near the top of pedal travel or more to the bottom

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode