Oh no the 1300 is back - Ferrari Life

Ferrari Life Ferrari Forum Ferrari Discussion ::

Oh no the 1300 is back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 788
Default Oh no the 1300 is back

well after over two months , I finally picked up the GSXR 1300 , I had the motor rebuilt, new pistons , rings, rods and bearings,cam chain, guides, tensioner ,clutch , and all the gaskets. Didnt do anything with the bore.,left it stock, no hoening necessary with the nickelsil liners, I also had the shift forks replaced and second gear undercut . Bike also has new sprockets and chain. My next plan is to buy a 2009 or 2010 hyabusa and then bring my 2000 back to the engine builder to have it turbocharged ,and add an airshifter system with an on board compressor . Im then going to put a 240 rear tire kit and a slighter longer swingarm . My guy who builds these machines also has a nice set of guages, boost, oil and fuel pressure ,as well as the mixture on his bike ,which i also want to complete the project . Hopefully next year ill have the money to get the new generation Busa as well as the turbo.
lucca brazzi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsor - Register now for free to stop viewing this ad.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #2

Ferrari Life Posts: 388
Name: Carbon

Jesus Christ, 1,300 ccs is a lot of bike. After two years, my 600 is still plenty fast. Can you post some pictures? Bike threads are pretty flimsy without pictures.

I need an Aventador!
134282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #3

Ferrari Life Posts: 304
Name: Matt

Ah, the 'busa.. brilliant bike for touring, load it up with as much luggage as it'll hold and it still feels light due to the low-down weight distribution.
I must admit I'm against the whole extended swingarm, larger rear wheel thing.. magnesium wheels, carbon bodywork (etc etc) to lighten it up is the way to go, but that's just like, my opinion dude.
Brilliant bike
mjb11800 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb11800 View Post
Ah, the 'busa.. brilliant bike for touring, load it up with as much luggage as it'll hold and it still feels light due to the low-down weight distribution.
I must admit I'm against the whole extended swingarm, larger rear wheel thing.. magnesium wheels, carbon bodywork (etc etc) to lighten it up is the way to go, but that's just like, my opinion dude.
Brilliant bike
hello Sir, good morning,,yes i do know what you mean when talking about the larger wheel. extemded swingarm..i have always been a " love the factory set up?" but my friend Ray has an 08 with a slightly extended swing arm and a 240 kit,,and it looks really cool, so i though having that set up for the turbo would help things stay on the ground,and that 240 make for some very long 2nd gear burnouts,anyways thanks for your reply..Brett
Old 04-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134282 View Post
Jesus Christ, 1,300 ccs is a lot of bike. After two years, my 600 is still plenty fast. Can you post some pictures? Bike threads are pretty flimsy without pictures.
here you go ., the orange Busa is my friends with the 240 kit, I have posted pics of my other bikes as well
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #6

Does having a 240 on the rear effect the cornering/turn in? I should imagine it must do? Have you got a pic of your friends 08? ..be interesting to see one if poss
I'm with you, I didnt really used to play around with the settings that much on my bikes, but I used to hoik the back end up on the zx7r I had just to try and increase the turn-in speed, as it was indeed like turning a large boat at high speed. You had to hang off it like a crazy person to get it to change direction at anything over 120mph.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #7

.. actually, thats a fairly subtle mod, looks nice. Sorry I must've been writing as you posted, thanks for the pic
Old 04-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #8

Ferrari Life Posts: 388
Name: Carbon

Wow - 240 in the rear! That's fat!

Also, those 348 wheels look good on your 328!

I need an Aventador!
134282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ferrari Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.