Ferrari Life Needs a Heart Transplant... - Ferrari Life
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,990
Ferrari Life Needs a Heart Transplant...

Well, well, well...

Been lurking around here for a while to see what's going on and I'm not seeing much. The original crew is gone (my crew) and the ones who followed us, well they seem to be dropping one at a time here and there...

Da Fuck happend??? This was THE place to be? Did people go back to Blue Land?? (my crew would understand or search it in a Banned Post I replied in new kids LOL). This place was sold, then Blue Land was sold off too... The Home page dates from Sept 2015..... holy crap!!!!!!!!!

I see Lucca is still posting his bike stuff... Noticed Night Life's new F430... but besides that... crickets. Well you see the odd post here and there, this place used to be BUSY.

I will be posting a post purchase write-up of my 348 TS after all these years of ownership.

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

“I build cars for young men that only old men can afford” - Enzo Ferrari

Last edited by Magnum6464; 07-18-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 07-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,426
You're right: very active until about 9 months ago, then suddenly all the prolific posters vanished.
No idea why.

Best wishes, John
Ferrari: 550 Maranello S/N 110995, Dino 246 GT S/N 6934
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC (in restoration), 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #3 of 39 Old 07-18-2016, 06:28 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,690
When Andrew went, so did the heart and soul of FL.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.

post #4 of 39 Old 07-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 4,520
Agree. Andrew was the glue that held it together. Pokemon craze won't help either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russell996 likes this.
post #5 of 39 Old 07-18-2016, 08:05 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
F LIfe

Hello. I have been thinking the same thing,,,Im not sure who Andrew is , its been a while,,was he the owner, maybe ? Anyways,,the same situation has taken place on one of my motorcycle forums,,,I usually come on here daily to see if there are any new postings,,and noticed that its been very very quiet. With all that being said,,,I had a lot of fun posting up on here,,,I dont really have anything else I could really put up, that I have not already,,My life has shifted into running a very successful Termite and Construction services Company,,,I cant get as risky as I have for so many years,,,most of my drives in my 328 are slow rides,,,I just enjoy the experience ...I still ride all of my motorcycles,,,just not as crazy as I used to. Im planning on buying that Gallardo next year,,,and this year,,Im getting OCD on a 2015 Ducati Monster S,,,Ive been shopping around,,,so when It finally happens,,Ill post up some pics,,,,Brett Lucca wctermite.com
Attached Images

Last edited by brett lucca; 07-18-2016 at 08:14 PM.
post #6 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 02:44 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 2,106
Several things happened, all at about the same time:

1. Sale of the website and the departure of Andrew

2. Arrival of a new batch of disgruntled folks from FChat, including several of their trolls

3. The new trolls proceeded to annoy people like Brian Crall and other well respected pro's, who advised they would leave if the trolls weren't removed. One of our senior mods (who no longer posts or even visits here anymore) decided to "take charge" and try to "work" with the trolls instead of booting them. Result: Crall and other pro's left, and the tech content dried up.

Moral: Technical content is the lifeblood of car forums like this one. Threaten the tech content and the people who provide it and you threaten the raison d'être of the forum.

Thankfully, we still have Fabio, Josh, David, Taz and others who post interesting technical content, but we need more.

'99 550, Rosso Corsa / Nero, S/N:114654, Assy: 31836, Engine: 52084

High mileage, low compression, and missing on a few cylinders.....just like my cars.

Maranello Skunkworks Team Member
post #7 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 03:27 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 10,048
I am here alive and well - shocking

Bought an FF few months ago SV750 Roadster finally arrived and have an ACR - E incoming the fastest track car alive.

... and believe it or not the Prez of the local Ferrari Club of America.
Attached Images

FF 16M CGT SV-R s550 f250 Expedition Rubicon Healey Z28
post #8 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 07:36 AM

Ferrari Life Posts: 333
When I started looking for an F430 back in Sept 2014, I came to this site. Good people with knowledge helped me purchase the right car. I use to spend a lot of time here and even got to the point I was able to give basic advice. What I did find preplexing is that there were always a few social misfits who would get upset when other members tried to help them; all that seems to have dissipated. Now the site requires you have a password 10x more secure than your banking password AND you will be forced to reset every year. That also put a damper on my desire to come here. It took me multiple attempts to remember what my new secure password was.

2006 Ferrari F430 Coupé,
post #9 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 09:06 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 1,816
Garage
John, while I agree with some of your points, there are others too.

The site owners here are just not investing in the site which is a shame. Regarding the pros you reference, some of them are very disrespectful to many folks here that are DIY guys. The respect is seemly only earned if one follows and agrees with every and all comments they make. I'm sorry, but many, many of us have life experience and technical experience in our professions, hobbies and such. We don't need to be demeaned by the pros that feel they know everything about every topic. One in particular did not appreciate posting of others in his thread and had it cleaned and locked. Now that individual trolls many threads on Fchat with the sole intent to belittle people.

A forum is not supposed to be a ranking group and sword measuring contest. It's supposed to be a collection of people passionate about the same interest, willing to learn and help others learn without being made to feel inferior for doing so.

I was a sponsor here for a short time and would consider again but given the amount of activity for the cost, it just does not make sense. Yes, I was once upset with Rob Lay and voiced it. As time passed and I evaluated the situation with less angry thoughts, I feel my actions fueled the fire too. In returning to Fchat, Rob has been nothing but fair to me. You yourself once said to me that you are spending more time there now also as that is where the activity is and the point of a forum is interactions with others. And while we all won't always agree, being respectful of others in the process is important no matter what your credentials are.

Last edited by dave rocks; 07-19-2016 at 09:14 AM.
post #10 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne612 View Post
I am here alive and well - shocking

Bought an FF few months ago SV750 Roadster finally arrived and have an ACR - E incoming the fastest track car alive.

... and believe it or not the Prez of the local Ferrari Club of America.

Doug, nice to see you haven't sold all the fun toys off to pay for your mansion rebuild (if that's still happening) HAHAHA. BTW, you still owe me a picture of the Northern Hunter I send you framed on a wall....

I decided to get a new daily driver and picked up a new 2016 E63 sAMG (4MATIC)... damn that thing moves... faster than my uncles 430 Scuderia...

I still have the 348 but she's in need of a major so she will be sent out soon. Maybe next year I will upgrade to a 360 or 430. I got bitten by a more modern car with my Benz so now I no longer want something old.

I left because too many Blue Land assholes were coming in and pretending to be all that and I got tired of spanking immature kids like I did in Blue Land. So I dropped everything, went the Facebook side of things with a few members from here and we have been active there and having a blast. Came here a few dozen times and OMG, no offence to who bought this place but it sucks big time...LOL When the main page is not updated for over a year.... it's pretty sad. But hey, like my Mom used to say, can't fix stupid!!!!

P.S. I refused the Ferrari Club President job twice here in our Chapter but I was voluntold that I would be the VP, so the Ferrari Club VP I am...LOL

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

Last edited by Magnum6464; 07-19-2016 at 09:32 AM.
post #11 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett lucca View Post
Hello. I have been thinking the same thing,,,Im not sure who Andrew is , its been a while,,was he the owner, maybe ? Anyways,,the same situation has taken place on one of my motorcycle forums,,,I usually come on here daily to see if there are any new postings,,and noticed that its been very very quiet. With all that being said,,,I had a lot of fun posting up on here,,,I dont really have anything else I could really put up, that I have not already,,My life has shifted into running a very successful Termite and Construction services Company,,,I cant get as risky as I have for so many years,,,most of my drives in my 328 are slow rides,,,I just enjoy the experience ...I still ride all of my motorcycles,,,just not as crazy as I used to. Im planning on buying that Gallardo next year,,,and this year,,Im getting OCD on a 2015 Ducati Monster S,,,Ive been shopping around,,,so when It finally happens,,Ill post up some pics,,,,Brett Lucca wctermite.com

Glad you're still alive Brett with all those stunts you did before...

~

Mario

1990 348 TS (87284)

post #12 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 12:26 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
Doug, nice to see you haven't sold all the fun toys off to pay for your mansion rebuild (if that's still happening) HAHAHA. BTW, you still owe me a picture of the Northern Hunter I send you framed on a wall....

I decided to get a new daily driver and picked up a new 2016 E63 sAMG (4MATIC)... damn that thing moves... faster than my uncles 430 Scuderia...

I still have the 348 but she's in need of a major so she will be sent out soon. Maybe next year I will upgrade to a 360 or 430. I got bitten by a more modern car with my Benz so now I no longer want something old.

I left because too many Blue Land assholes were coming in and pretending to be all that and I got tired of spanking immature kids like I did in Blue Land. So I dropped everything, went the Facebook side of things with a few members from here and we have been active there and having a blast. Came here a few dozen times and OMG, no offence to who bought this place but it sucks big time...LOL When the main page is not updated for over a year.... it's pretty sad. But hey, like my Mom used to say, can't fix stupid!!!!

P.S. I refused the Ferrari Club President job twice here in our Chapter but I was voluntold that I would be the VP, so the Ferrari Club VP I am...LOL

~

Mario
I went to Lambo Power which is like Fhat but with Lambo guys that never grew up and Viper Owners Forum which is a nice forum but miss this place and Mclaren life which is still a top forum and it's owner is the same as here so those who went back to f chat went back because you all are lazy.

This place could be just like Mclaren Life and IMO it's worth the effort but that's just my .02!

Mansion didn't kill me just came damn close and I do owe you a picture - it's in the wine cellar looks awesome over a special Magnum how fitting is that you lil shit ... mansion is floating away 98% done

Secret Santa and had every person on f chat move here which closed down that region thread and would do the same if everyone would come back and make it enjoyable.
Attached Images

Last edited by champagne612; 07-19-2016 at 12:37 PM.
post #13 of 39 Old 07-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum6464 View Post
Glad you're still alive Brett with all those stunts you did before...

~

Mario
That's both funny and true!

post #14 of 39 Old 07-21-2016, 05:31 AM
BANNED

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
When Andrew went, so did[IMG]http://amazingdealuk.info/104/g.png[/IMG] the heart and soul of FL.
Agree. Andrew was the glue that held it together. Pokemon craze won't help either
post #15 of 39 Old 07-21-2016, 06:37 AM
Owner

Nice photos, Doug. Apropos of nothing at all, here is a few I took at a show I and 30 or so other Ferrari owners attended last Sunday - great day out. And the bonus was that we won the prize for the best club stand, too
Attached Images

Best wishes, John
Other: 1990 Bentley Turbo R, 1989 Porsche 911 C2, 2004 Mercedes 500CLK, 2011 Mercedes E350 CDI, 1972 VW T2 Camper, 2014 Fiat 500C, 1963 Jaguar E-type 3.8 FHC (in restoration), 2015 Maserati Granturismo Sport
post #16 of 39 Old 07-21-2016, 06:45 AM
Owner

The sharp-eyed among you will spot that these are not Ferraris, but they do go to show that some people have a sense of the individual, now as well as in the '60s
Attached Images

Best wishes, John
post #17 of 39 Old 07-22-2016, 01:45 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 28
^^
what a paint!!

keep it up Sir

post #18 of 39 Old 07-22-2016, 09:34 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebottle View Post
[IMG]http://amazingdealuk.info/104/g.png[/IMG]Nice photos, Doug. Apropos of nothing at all, here is a few I took at a show I and 30 or so other Ferrari owners attended last Sunday - great day out. And the bonus was that we won the prize for the best club stand, too
good look body car
post #19 of 39 Old 07-23-2016, 07:23 AM
Administrator
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 15,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
When Andrew went, so did the heart and soul of FL.
Agree, Andrew was the soul of FLife.

Boxer

F40
post #20 of 39 Old 10-10-2016, 04:02 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 19
Forum

I think to many people take these forums way to seriously, with that being said, I have posted as much as I possibly could regarding my personal experience with my Ferrari and my motorcycles. I was logged into F Chat under a disguise for about 6 months, very rarely commenting, then ,as usual,, some asshole started talking shit about my suggestion to run a Tubi and a Larini test pipe, I responded tactfully, and I still got banned by the admin,,so still the same old fucking assholes on that site that think their shit dont stink, and that basically could use a left in the street for dead ass kicking,,its as simple as that,,,As far as this site, Im sorry to see it die out,,but things change, people change,,,and whatever the hell else,,,Im always going to visit each sight,,but I will never expose myself on F CHAT ,,,again,,,I will always own my Ferrari, and will always have fun riding my 6 motorcycles ,,My new Ducati is so much fun, than I am going to buy a 2016 Monster 1200 R,,,Wishing all you fellows well

Brett Lucca....

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode