Gct4lusso - Ferrari Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 04-11-2017, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ferrari Life Posts: 148
Gct4lusso

Good afternoon everybody,
the last 5th of april my dealer gave me a chance to try the street a new Ferrari, the choice was between 488 Spyder red and black GTC4Lusso and I chose the latter out of curiosity because I had never risen even on FF ...
First of all i would like to tell that from the outside the car line I do not like .... but once sat inside and pushed red push-button "start" things change radically.... no tremendously ...... !!!

The tour lasted about twenty minutes between Forli and Meldola, including the a pit stop for the gasoline, the GTC4Lusso deserves all the gallons of gasoline that she drink, as do the others Ferrari ...

All the people that we cross had their faces as if they had seen an extraterrestrial ....

How's the car? .. compared to my 575M HGTC is a lightning, with exceptional comfort and a great sound, a little more muffled than the metal sound of my 575, but beautifully, wonderful (you understand that I like ...), on the wheels there was installed a set of 20" Winter Michelin that in bends they felt a little bit floating, but however still on two tracks!
Some of you probably will laugh, but it was very difficult not move me, on the tour ......what a wonderful gift that they made that day ....

My wife would have loved it so much that she would like i sell my HGTC to buy a 612 or FF ... But still i'm not mentally ready ....

Here are some photos that I did.

After the test I re driven my CLS 292 HP and I said ... "on the ... why you not accelerate ...?" ahahahaha

Finally a compliment to those who can afford a Ferrari of these new generations, which is F12, GTC4, 812 or any V8 ....

Kind Regards at all

Fabio
Attached Images

Fiammenghi Engineering
High Performance Exhaust Systems and Car Parts
Contact info: info@fiammenghiengineering.it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,718
Garage
Fabio, sound like you had a wonderful day !

w/ smiles
Jimmy

Italian Lover
post #3 of 26 Old 04-11-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Lover View Post
Fabio, sound like you had a wonderful day !

w/ smiles
Jimmy
Ciao Jimmy,

yes it was a wonderful day ......

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering

post #4 of 26 Old 04-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 6,718
Garage

Italian Lover
post #5 of 26 Old 04-23-2017, 06:04 PM

Ferrari Life Posts: 221
GTC4 Lusso test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiammenghi Engineering View Post
First of all i would like to tell that from the outside the car (GTC4 Lusso) line I do not like .... but once sat inside and pushed red push-button "start" things change radically.... no tremendously ...... !!!

Kind Regards at all

Fabio
Ciao Fabio,

You are a very lucky man...dio mio! I am very happy for you. Thank you for sharing your GTC4 Lusso experience.

I never liked the lines of the FF, but at first sight, I did like the more elegant lines of the GTC4 Lusso, especially around the back window...smoother look, flows more symmetrically...gentle on the eyes.

I've always liked 2+2 GT models...which shows because I own 4 of them. I always liked the 612 Scaglietti, particularly the side scallop that developed from the 456.

With 612 prices still decreasing for the earlier models, pre-2008, then you may want to consider test driving one to see if you like it...I'm suspect your wife will like it. But finding a manual gearbox 612 will take some time. I'm still looking for one!

If you have any other photos of the GTC4 Lusso, please share them with us.

Saluti,
Gianni

1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello; 1999 Ferrari 456M GT; 1996 Buick Riviera; 2008 Bentley GT; 2010 Lotus Evora.
Past cars: 1965 Corvette Stingray Roadster; 1974 Corvette Stingray.
post #6 of 26 Old 04-23-2017, 08:18 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Ferrari Life Posts: 11,730
Fabio- The new Ferraris are very different and very fast, but not as pretty as your HGTC.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Present: 575M 135171
Past: Dino 246 GT 02984, 365 GTB/4 14009, 308 GTS 25125

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #7 of 26 Old 04-23-2017, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni View Post
Ciao Fabio,

You are a very lucky man...dio mio! I am very happy for you. Thank you for sharing your GTC4 Lusso experience.

I never liked the lines of the FF, but at first sight, I did like the more elegant lines of the GTC4 Lusso, especially around the back window...smoother look, flows more symmetrically...gentle on the eyes.

I've always liked 2+2 GT models...which shows because I own 4 of them. I always liked the 612 Scaglietti, particularly the side scallop that developed from the 456.

With 612 prices still decreasing for the earlier models, pre-2008, then you may want to consider test driving one to see if you like it...I'm suspect your wife will like it. But finding a manual gearbox 612 will take some time. I'm still looking for one!

If you have any other photos of the GTC4 Lusso, please share them with us.

Saluti,
Gianni
Ciao Gianni,

The close relationship I did with my dealer during the development of my headers led me to mature also a friendship with them and when there are those occasions they make me th eopportunity to test ... like the test drive on a new Ghibly MY 2017 (diesel) and on a used SQ4 (2015) that I did from them two month ago ... (two opposite sensations .... if someone is nterested to know).

My wife don't know waht is Ferrari .... after that he likes 456, 612 and FF.
The only two that i could buy are 456 or 612 with the trade of my 575 HGTC, (maybe I could buy both...) or perhaps also the first 2011 FF, but annual tax and luxuty tax in Italy would be around 5300 eur per year !!!

But there is one bottom problem .... i love my 575 and i'm not psicologically ready for trade for a 4 seats.... ahahaha
i know that would be alogical solution but have a Ferrari is not logical ...

About gearbox.. I had 550 as my first Ferrari, i liked her but since i like shift frequently i not like run with the same gear also if the Maranello engine could be, i found the gearbox of the 550 not pretty as I would like ....
I like so much the F1 gearbox of my HGTC, if is not fast like the lasts Ferraris but for me is a good compromise ...
For me is wonderful if you shift not fast .... but if you try to shift fast is nothing compared to BMW or Porsche ....
Those are my personal impressions not the true of the life!

I have not other pictures, those three are the only that i took....

Best Regards and good luck for the searching of your manual 612...

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #8 of 26 Old 04-23-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazandjan View Post
Fabio- The new Ferraris are very different and very fast, but not as pretty as your HGTC.
Hi Terry,
I think if i need to trade for a new Ferrari, I could trade my HGTC for the 812S ... but now I went over the real ... ahahaha
I hope I will be able to bring with me my HGTC in the life....

Kindly

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #9 of 26 Old 04-26-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Ciao Fabio,

Terry is right...as he usually is...your 575M HGTC is very special and not replaceable.

If you want a Ferrari 2+2 as a "2nd Ferrari" without selling your perfect 575M HGTC, then look at 456M GT or earlier 612 models which are reasonably affordable.

Saluti,
Gianni

1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello; 1999 Ferrari 456M GT; 1996 Buick Riviera; 2008 Bentley GT; 2010 Lotus Evora.
post #10 of 26 Old 04-27-2017, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Ciao Fabio,

Terry is right...as he usually is...your 575M HGTC is very special and not replaceable.

If you want a Ferrari 2+2 as a "2nd Ferrari" without selling your perfect 575M HGTC, then look at 456M GT or earlier 612 models which are reasonably affordable.

Saluti,
Gianni
Ciao Gianni,
yes your thinking is logical but at the moment i can't affrod another Ferrari ...
I would like to replace my 2007 CLS tha is arrived to 299500 km....
I'm thinking to an SQ4 ....

Kindly

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #11 of 26 Old 04-29-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Ciao Gianni,
yes your thinking is logical but at the moment i can't affrod another Ferrari ...
I would like to replace my 2007 CLS tha is arrived to 299500 km....
I'm thinking to an SQ4 ....

Kindly

Fabio
Ciao Fabio,

Perché non una Giulia Quadrifoglio? Que bella macchina!

Saluti,
Gianni

post #12 of 26 Old 04-30-2017, 04:57 AM
Owner

Ferrari Life Posts: 930
Garage
Quote:
Ciao Fabio,

Saluti,
Gianni
Gianni, my concern about Giulia is a 90 degree V-6 engine - three-fourths of a Ferrari V-8; never heard of such an unbalanced engine configuration.

Seth
575M F1, Maserati Spyder, Cadillac STS-V & CTS
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

what do I know? I drive blue Ferraris
post #13 of 26 Old 04-30-2017, 10:38 AM
Owner
Elite Member

Seth- GM built them for years and even kept the paired connecting rods of the V8 before finally going to 6 throw cranks for more smoothness. Not a whole lot different from our 65 degree instead of 60 degree V12s. Ferrari F1 V12s have had angles at least as wide as 75 degrees with no problems. The wider V angles allow for more room for the intake systems and the secondary imbalances can be counterbalanced to remove most of the shakes. Will not be a problem.

Taz
Terry Phillips

Every day I look around, and if nobody is shooting at me, it is a pretty good day.
post #14 of 26 Old 05-01-2017, 05:29 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Seth- GM built them for years and even kept the paired connecting rods of the V8 before finally going to 6 throw cranks for more smoothness. Not a whole lot different from our 65 degree instead of 60 degree V12s. Ferrari F1 V12s have had angles at least as wide as 75 degrees with no problems. The wider V angles allow for more room for the intake systems and the secondary imbalances can be counterbalanced to remove most of the shakes. Will not be a problem.
Terry, GM engineers design everything with compromise in mind. And they design and build mass market vehicles, not ultra-performance, ultra-expensive sports and racing cars. And of course I'm aware of our 65 degree V12s, the only 'flaw' in our 575's and a trade-off Ferrari accepted to ensure adequate breathing at very high engine speed. But I've forgiven my 575 based solely on its extraordinary flawless design. ;-) Engine design is a small part of the reason I've just acquired another 412, the Colombo-derived 60 degree V12.

Seth
past: 330/365GTC speciale, F355b, 412GT, 400iA, 308GT4 2+2, 330GT 2+2, Porsche 356b Super 90, BMW 1800ti

Last edited by intrepid; 05-01-2017 at 05:36 AM.
post #15 of 26 Old 05-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Owner
Elite Member

Seth- Nonetheless, I still maintain there is nothing wrong with a good 90 degree V6 and the Alfa engine will prove to be one. Even the flat crank V8s have secondary imbalances.

Taz
Terry Phillips

post #16 of 26 Old 05-02-2017, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Ciao Fabio,

Saluti,
Gianni

Hi Gianni

yes Giulia Quadrifoglio is a nice car but as a daily driver have only two wheel drive and with 510 HP in Italy i will pay 4500 eur per year of tax, excluded insurance ....

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #17 of 26 Old 05-02-2017, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Seth, Terry,
about the V6 90° , more biturbo maserati of past years has same configuration and had not problem of balancing.
With the V6 90° the forces are balanced and is possible to balance the moment of first order by means of correct design of the balancing wheight on the cranckshaft, only the moment of second order are not balanced, on some cars (like my mercedes CLS 350) there are a opposite rotating shaft (2 x rpm) for balancing this.
Obviously this balancing shaft is not a sportive thing .....

The first perfect balancing engine is the 6 in line, the v12 is perfect balancing in every angle because are two 6 in line coupled together, for the equal distance between the firing phases the better angle is 60°, but the engine run good in every angles.
The sound will be little bit different, wiht 60° will have the much high scream...

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #18 of 26 Old 05-02-2017, 04:51 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Seth, Terry,
about the V6 90° , more biturbo maserati of past years has same configuration and had not problem of balancing.
With the V6 90° the forces are balanced and is possible to balance the moment of first order by means of correct design of the balancing wheight on the cranckshaft, only the moment of second order are not balanced, on some cars (like my mercedes CLS 350) there are a opposite rotating shaft (2 x rpm) for balancing this.
Obviously this balancing shaft is not a sportive thing .....

The first perfect balancing engine is the 6 in line, the v12 is perfect balancing in every angle because are two 6 in line coupled together, for the equal distance between the firing phases the better angle is 60°, but the engine run good in every angles.
The sound will be little bit different, wiht 60° will have the much high scream...

Fabio
Fabio, you wrote it much more clearly than I could! By the way, my wife Judith and I expect to be in Italia in just a few weeks. We are on Waiting List for the Mille Miglia (do not recall if I mentioned this here and am not optimistic) and are invited to visit friends in Lago Maggiore - he is Vice-president of the Club Ferrari France from whom I just acquired his 412. We then plan to have a rental car and visit Maranello (I hope for an invite to Ferrari factory) and Firenze, then to the Midi, the Cote d'Or, Paris and home. Would be wonderful fun to meet you, la famiglia, la HGTC, and visit Fiammenghe Engineering :-)

Seth

post #19 of 26 Old 05-02-2017, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
Fabio, you wrote it much more clearly than I could! By the way, my wife Judith and I expect to be in Italia in just a few weeks. We are on Waiting List for the Mille Miglia (do not recall if I mentioned this here and am not optimistic) and are invited to visit friends in Lago Maggiore - he is Vice-president of the Club Ferrari France from whom I just acquired his 412. We then plan to have a rental car and visit Maranello (I hope for an invite to Ferrari factory) and Firenze, then to the Midi, the Cote d'Or, Paris and home. Would be wonderful fun to meet you, la famiglia, la HGTC, and visit Fiammenghe Engineering :-)

Hi Seth,
also for me will be wonderful meet you and your wife Judith, as well as' bring you in a tour with my HGTC ...
Do you know approximately the day where we can meet?

Best

Fabio

Fiammenghi Engineering
post #20 of 26 Old 05-06-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Hi Gianni

yes Giulia Quadrifoglio is a nice car but as a daily driver have only two wheel drive and with 510 HP in Italy i will pay 4500 eur per year of tax, excluded insurance ....

Fabio
Ciao Fabio,

Dio mio...4500 Euro per year of tax for a V6 engine car is terrible!

There are similar "road" taxes in Asian countries and a big reason why V12s are no longer very popular in Japan. (Jimmy, please correct me if I'm wrong.)

My Japan experience showed that the Ferrari V8s were more expensive than V12s compared to American prices because of the much higher annual road tax.

In the US and Canada, we do not have annual road taxes, we simply renew our license plate for a small fee.

Thank you for the technical explanation of the engine design angle, you are a good teacher.

Saluti,
Gianni

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode